Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Re: Concrete info that Home is coming soon!!

Oct 22, 2008
I would say more like freshly poured concrete still wet...LOL

Message 11 of 46 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Oct 22, 2008

speedracer1955 wrote:

Well you also have to remember that these are written with the Off the Shelf buyer of the Magazine and they know that subscribers get the magazine sooner by about two weeks ahead of the regular release...

It does not mean that it is aimed at the subscription audience completely.  So if a reader gets the magazine on magazine stand then you have to deal with that timing also...

I bought a copy of this issue from a Grocery Store "off the shelf"...... and I agree that they will have to do with that timing... thats  why it only makes sense that the average reader would probably be reading that article within 2-3 weeks of the issue's "off the shelf" release, which was sometime this past weekend I suppose. Which means  Home is coming sooner than later.

Message Edited by homeboy79 on 10-21-2008 10:45 PM

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 12 of 46 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
256 posts

Oct 22, 2008
Lol , I read that too but they said the same thing for Little big Planet a couple of months ago. I dont rember what issue but yea I wouldnt go by that.
Photobucket
Message 13 of 46 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Oct 22, 2008

homeboy79 wrote:

As I was flipping through the Dec '08 issue of Playstation: The Official Magazine I decided to read a section I rarely ever do and usually just skip over, the Editor's Note. Well this time I'm sure glad that I took the time to read it because it was about PLaystation Home, and what mostly got me excited about this little article by the editor was when he was discussing the how important it was for the Home user to realize its future potential. He states, "But it's important to consider that the Home you see on day one(possibly aound the time you're reading this) will be a much more feature-light version of the one you'l inhabit three months later, six months after that...........".

Wait a minute, did he just say "that the Home we see on day one" will be.. "possibly around the time you're reading this"...... Now, common knowledge can tell you that he used the word "possibly" because there is no way he could predict when every, if in fact, anybody will read that article. But, given the fact that I just did read it and Home isn't out yet, this can only mean its just a matter of days before we see Home.

There's a number of things wrong here. First and foremost how did you come across a December issue of PSM when the November issue had just went on sale?  Two, the comment is coming from an editor, not a Sony official. Third what is the editor's name? Where is his evidence Home is coming? Until Sony officially issue a press release of a solid launch date I will take this only as another rumour in the growing list of rumours. IMO I would just keep an eye on the count down clock in IGN's website for Home. It said seventy days and counting. This would put Home to be release in December just in time for the Christmas season. 

Case dismissed. 

There is no such thing as bad music. Only poorly written ones. - Mike.
Message 14 of 46 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1682 posts

Oct 22, 2008
Hey at least you still believe its coming soon .... some just flat out given up hope.
Photobucket
Message 15 of 46 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Oct 22, 2008

The rumors keep getting lamer & lamer.

Don't these 14 year olds have anything better to do with their time?

The damn game will get here when it gets here. Stop speculating like a pervert and wait patiently like the millions that haven't posted lame information. 

Message 16 of 46 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Oct 22, 2008
concrete looks to be very wet
Message 17 of 46 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Oct 22, 2008

Necrosan wrote:

The rumors keep getting lamer & lamer.

Don't these 14 year olds have anything better to do with their time?

The damn game will get here when it gets here. Stop speculating like a pervert and wait patiently like the millions that haven't posted lame information. 

No offense, but the author might be older than 14 judging by the 79 in the name.

But who knows right?

Message 18 of 46 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3032 posts

Oct 22, 2008

teddynlivia wrote:

homeboy79 wrote:

As I was flipping through the Dec '08 issue of Playstation: The Official Magazine I decided to read a section I rarely ever do and usually just skip over, the Editor's Note. Well this time I'm sure glad that I took the time to read it because it was about PLaystation Home, and what mostly got me excited about this little article by the editor was when he was discussing the how important it was for the Home user to realize its future potential. He states, "But it's important to consider that the Home you see on day one(possibly aound the time you're reading this) will be a much more feature-light version of the one you'l inhabit three months later, six months after that...........".

Wait a minute, did he just say "that the Home we see on day one" will be.. "possibly around the time you're reading this"...... Now, common knowledge can tell you that he used the word "possibly" because there is no way he could predict when every, if in fact, anybody will read that article. But, given the fact that I just did read it and Home isn't out yet, this can only mean its just a matter of days before we see Home.

I hope you understand why the editor said "possibly around the time you're reading this" because it is quite obvious.  If you read enough gaming magazines, the smart guys say that as a "disclaimer" because you never know when people are going to be readint the article. 

Not just that, but look at the issue you are referencing.  DECEMBER 08.  We're not even in October yet.  The editor is forecasting.  

And just in case you didn't know yet... no one knows when.  I bet you the editor and every other magazine editor don't know yet.  And there is a good chance that Sony might not even know at the moment.  Just some advice, but don't look too far into the article.  You'll probably get burned.  But what do I know?

Did I miss something?

siggie
Message 19 of 46 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Oct 22, 2008

homeboy79 wrote:

I hope you understand why the editor said "possibly around the time you're reading this" because it is quite obvious.  If you read enough gaming magazines, the smart guys say that as a "disclaimer" because you never know when people are going to be readint the article. 

Not just that, but look at the issue you are referencing.  DECEMBER 08.  We're not even in November yet.  The editor is forecasting.  

And just in case you didn't know yet... no one knows when.  I bet you the editor and every other magazine editor don't know yet.  And there is a good chance that Sony might not even know at the moment.  Just some advice, but don't look too far into the article.  You'll probably get burned.  But what do I know?

Edit: Stupidity.

Message Edited by teddynlivia on 10-22-2008 07:25 AM
Message 20 of 46 (0 Views)
0 Likes