Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Re: Concerning moderation in Home

Dec 30, 2009

RPGLOVER1986 wrote:
I have noticed there are foul mouthed disrespectfull men who walk around @home and pick up on the girls, if you say I do not wish to be bothered or go away they persist and it continues into stalking, I have expirenced alot of problems with this I have asked politely for them to leave me alone but they wouldnt stop and I usully dont see any moderators doing anything to stop this. Please clarify why this mat be happening.

Not enough MODS to babysit everyone on Home.  The best you could do is just block and ignore.  It sucks, but it's better than trying to depend on a MOD when a MOD isn't there.  Good luck and Welcome to the Forums.

Photobucket
Message 221 of 239 (6 Views)
VP of Gaming
28225 posts

Re: Concerning Moderation in Home

Dec 30, 2009

RPGLOVER1986 wrote:
Please clarify why this may be happening.

There are a few million Home users and only probably less than fifty paid Moderators in Home. The Moderators do patrol Home, and most likely will not be in the space/instance we are in when something goes bad. If they are there, they will handle the situation then and there. Otherwise, our only recourse is to report the person and/or walk away into another space/instance. If you want to, you can put the person(s) on IGNORE by pressing the R3 button , highlighting the offender's name/chat andpress X. Some options will show up. You can pick IGNORE form there (only works as long as your current time in Home) or ADD TO BLOCK LIST (which is limited to 100).

To report someone, tap the SELECT button and scroll down to the report feature. Submitting a report is not a pager for a Moderator to come to our rescue. What it does is to make a capture (recording) of the incident. This capture includes video, text and audio (where applicable) of the incident. Be aware that anything you or anyone else says will also be included in the capture. So it might be a good idea not to interact with the person or at least be polite.

As there are probably hundreds of reports submitted each day, do not expect a Moderator action for a while. Each report is examined and investigated. Any action might happen a week or more later. Do not let this fact discourage you. Many people have been suspended and/or banished from Home and/or the PSN. Some have even have had their PS3s nuked (no more online service from that PS3 or home forever).

Reporting bad behavior does work. Some people in Home have said that they had just come back from a suspension. Some change their ways while others don't. Many reported people who were once regulars are no longer on at all. It is a good idea to become familiar with the Terms of Service. We can access the ToS at anytime by pressing START and scrolling down to SETTINGS > PLAYSTATION HOME INFORMATION > LEGAL INFORMATION.

Additionally, if someone ever sends inappropriate mail, images or threats to us via the XMB, we are able to report them by using the PlayStation®Network File a Complaint Form (or type in http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx on our PS3 if needed). I recommend visiting the form and adding it to our computer's Favorites or Bookmark it on our PS3s for quick and easy access.

We can look to others for help while in Home. We can also contact the Home Community Volunteers (Guides) by sending a message to any of them from the listed names found here: Home Community Volunteer FAQ (Updated with HCV list). Once they receive a message, they will contact us as soon as they can (they might not be on at the time of our sending them the message) to give us any assistance that we may require.

Lastly I want to welcome you to the forum and to your new Home. Though you may encounter some bad seeds within Home, most of us are friendly and helpful within the community. Don't let the bad people discourage you from staying. There are more good people than there are of them. Enjoy your time in Home and always remember to have fun.

Ciao!

Message Edited by Conrad_Max on 12-30-2009 01:53 PM
The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 222 of 239 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 1, 2010
hey everyone.first time posting,but for good reason.well last night,i was with some friend in my neptune appartment we were talking about (i don't remenber what)something.one of my friend talked english and the other one talked french,but one of my word get ******* and i didn't bother too much,but when later i was browsing my email ,sony did email me saying i do verbal abuse.along with the text saying i could get banned if repeate violation occur.I REALLY WANT to know which word i say wrong because i know i'm polite with everyone.please let me know what it's all about please thank in advance.your fellow gamer since the 8bit era
Message 223 of 239 (6 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28225 posts

Feb 1, 2010

Call SCEA during the day at 1-800-345-7669. It's a free call. I don't know if they can help you with this, but the call is free.

Maybe what you had typed out was okay. Maybe there was a typo. The Home filter recognizes certain combinations of letters. So sometimes, though a work maybe okay, the combination of letters within the word may not be allowed in chat. It's not really a big deal, but do call the number above if you wish further clarification.

Message 224 of 239 (6 Views)
MVP Support
39457 posts

Apr 17, 2010

Hi folks,

SInce returning from a family wedding 3 days ago in a nutshell this is what has happened:

1. Deleted around 15-20 friend requests after my wife went into PS HOME to have a look around.

2. Deleted 4 or 5 PM's that contained indecent messages, again directed at my wife.

3. Watched a father trying to teach his daughter how to bowl abused in the most awful way.

4. Personally get warned in the bowling alley for saying the "s" word, even though I put an '*' in the word.

5. Received an official email from PS OP's telling me to read the T & C's for new users & stop using 'offending' words. 

Meanwhile people are allowed to go about PS HOME & routinely offend, lambast, be aggressive to, racially offend, sexually harass & generally be childish idiots & on top of that they appear to be allowed to continue to do so.

Where's a MOD when youREALLY need one huh!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 225 of 239 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Apr 17, 2010

Actually there's a whole bunch of people dressed up in police uniforms who try to keep the greifers away from others when the mods aren't around to enforce the rules.

It would be cool if they were made into volunteer moderators or something like that. Just as a detterent against idiots who want to ruin the fun for others.

Message 226 of 239 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2040 posts

Apr 17, 2010

KyIeHyde wrote:

Actually there's a whole bunch of people dressed up in police uniforms who try to keep the greifers away from others when the mods aren't around to enforce the rules.

It would be cool if they were made into volunteer moderators or something like that. Just as a detterent against idiots who want to ruin the fun for others.

Well, I agree with Locust_Star that moderation in Home should be done by the offical mods only; just to prevent the potential abuse from vigilante Home members on a power trip. If more moderation is needed, then Sony should hire a few more official mods.

As to the folks to whom you're referring to, I'm guessing that they must have flunked out of police academy training, in real life Man Tongue

Peace amongst men living alongside one another is not a natural state. On the contrary, the natural state of man is that of war. War manifested not only by open hostilities, but also by the open threat of hostility. Peace, therefore, is a state that must be established by law.
--Immanuel Kant
Message 227 of 239 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Apr 17, 2010

Well of course this isn't going to be a volunteer program where anybody can join.

They'll probably do background checks to see how long you've been active on Home and if you have commited any offences in the past. Also check on the quality of your reports, not quantity.

They should also send in undercover mods to observe these prospects so they aren't 'disingenious'.

Message 228 of 239 (6 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28225 posts

Apr 17, 2010

BRIT-KO wrote:

1) By-passing the profanity filter is not allowed. So the warning was justified.

2) As pointed out above, there are millions of us and only a handful of Moderators. They cost money. Though they do patrol Home, they cannot be everywhere.

2) If there is an offense in your presence while in Home, you are encouraged to use the report function. Even if they have already left the space as I have explained elsewhere. And if you get an error message, the report still goes through. The error is in regards to the confirmation message that your report went through.

3) Additionally, if someone ever sends inappropriate mail, images or threats to you or your Wife via the XMB, you are able to report them by using the PlayStation®Network File a Complaint Form (or type in http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx on our PS3 if needed). I recommend visiting the form and adding it to your computer's Favorites or Bookmark it on our PS3s for quick and easy access. I do not know if the Network Moderators can view deleted messages, so I suggest "protecting" the messages for about a week before deleting them. This will allow the Moderators to view the mail sent to you.

Message 229 of 239 (6 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39457 posts

Apr 18, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

1) By-passing the profanity filter is not allowed. So the warning was justified.

2) As pointed out above, there are millions of us and only a handful of Moderators. They cost money. Though they do patrol Home, they cannot be everywhere.

2) If there is an offense in your presence while in Home, you are encouraged to use the report function. Even if they have already left the space as I have explained elsewhere. And if you get an error message, the report still goes through. The error is in regards to the confirmation message that your report went through.

3) Additionally, if someone ever sends inappropriate mail, images or threats to you or your Wife via the XMB, you are able to report them by using the PlayStation®Network File a Complaint Form (or type in http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx on our PS3 if needed). I recommend visiting the form and adding it to your computer's Favorites or Bookmark it on our PS3s for quick and easy access. I do not know if the Network Moderators can view deleted messages, so I suggest "protecting" the messages for about a week before deleting them. This will allow the Moderators to view the mail sent to you.

Thanks for the response, as helpful as it was!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 230 of 239 (6 Views)
0 Likes