Jan 13 2009
By: Locust_Star PlayStation Community Manager (Retired) 1040 posts

Concerning moderation in Home

238 replies 26 views Edited Jan 13, 2009

Many users have contacted us with questions about the presence of moderators within PlayStation®Home. While you may see some moderators actively engaged with the community in-world, others are invisible. You can easily identify “visible” moderators by the colored <MOD> tag attached as a prefix to any text associated with their username. Note that moderators are PlayStation®Home staff. Community members cannot be granted special admin permissions, and there currently exists no community volunteer moderation program.

That said, PlayStation®Home Community Management and Moderation teams encourage users to help keep PlayStation®Home a safe, civil social gaming world free of harassment and abuse. Please use the Submit a Report feature (accessible by pressing “Select” while in-world) if you encounter harassment or abuse while in PlayStation®Home. Upon pressing Select, an extensive chat log, screenshots, and audio and video captures are generated and forwarded to the PlayStation®Home Moderation team. This ensures that the moderators have all the necessary evidence to identify and take action against griefers in PlayStation®Home, as well as to identify false reports.

Message Edited by Locust_Star on 01-13-2009 10:57 AM
Message Edited by Locust_Star on 01-13-2009 11:14 AM
Message 65 of 239 (26 Views)
Wastelander
747 posts

Re: Concerning moderation in Home

Jan 12, 2009

Thank you L_S, but in my experience the Reporting feature has been down at least a week now... at least for me and some friends.

I'm not sure if you know about it or not, I'm sure others have experienced this as well.

Take care.

LordMorgren

Message Edited by LordMorgren on 01-12-2009 03:01 PM
You know, if all the effort people put into Rickrolling went toward scientific advancements, we would have cold fusion by now. - DrGadget

PS3 Trophies
Message 1 of 239 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Jan 12, 2009

Thanks for some input on this matter.

Finally something official, although the "mod" tag has been well documented by most here.

There may be no official or even unofficial volunteer mod team, but I'm sure you know they exist.  Reason being is that I think such a team does provide a boost for your team.  

Message Edited by jiggyteddy on 01-12-2009 12:03 PM
Message 2 of 239 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5846 posts

Jan 12, 2009

thanks for the info i hope to meet a mod oneday

visit our webpage @ http://enchelada.pshomegazette.com/

friend me on fb @ http://facebook.com/TheWholeEnchelada

follow me on twitter @ http://twitter.com/WholeEnchelada

whatch the show on youtube @ http://www.youtube.com/user/cheladapsn?feature=mhee

Dont eat the hot dogs, dont eat the subs EAT THE WHOLE EN-CHELADA!

Message 3 of 239 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Jan 12, 2009
thanks for clearing this up man!
Message 4 of 239 (26 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9669 posts

Jan 12, 2009

jiggyteddy wrote:

There may be no official or even unofficial volunteer mod team, but I'm sure you know they exist.  Reason being is that I think such a team does provide a boost for your team.  

Nah.  Leave the Modding to actual Home employees, not to those would-be vigilantes who are on a power trip.

bobtheenzyteguy Trophy Card

Kudos me, and I'll kudos you.
Message 5 of 239 (26 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Jan 12, 2009

BobTheEnzyteGuy wrote:

jiggyteddy wrote:

Nah.  Leave the Modding to actual Home employees, not to those would-be vigilantes who are on a power trip.

I completely understand what you mean Bob.

I am mostly for the volunteers that do it (they really can only submit those abuse forms), but I was merely pointing out the observation that although Locust says no volunteer team is needed... they are there regardless.  

You know what I mean?

Message 6 of 239 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9669 posts

Jan 12, 2009

jiggyteddy wrote:

BobTheEnzyteGuy wrote:

jiggyteddy wrote:

I am mostly for the volunteers that do it (they really can only submit those abuse forms), but I was merely pointing out the observation that although Locust says no volunteer team is needed... they are there regardless.  

You know what I mean?

If you mean the Report Abuse function, then yes.  Real Mods can't see everything, so it's nice that Report Abuse does flag them.

bobtheenzyteguy Trophy Card

Kudos me, and I'll kudos you.
Message 7 of 239 (26 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
1040 posts

Jan 12, 2009

I appreciate that, Teddy. We are aware that some users are taking moderation into their own hands. But as much as I love the Punisher, and as much as I know these actions are born from good intentions, for the record we do strongly discourage such behavior. While little things such as notifying a user that they are acting out of line are, of course, fine, calling oneself a "moderator" constitutes a violation of the EULA. Just to keep this headache-free for both the community and ourselves, we prefer people to simply use the Report feature to notify a mod, and the Block feature to help curb annoyance while the mods deal with the griefer.

jiggyteddy wrote:

BobTheEnzyteGuy wrote:

jiggyteddy wrote:

You know what I mean?

Message 8 of 239 (26 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Jan 12, 2009

why bother,just block and move on

Message 9 of 239 (26 Views)