Wastelander
582 posts

Re: Communism on Home ???

May 29, 2013

Communism? If this were communism, the apartment would be free.

This is more like free enterprise capitalism taken to its Marx predicted extreme, where the capitalist controls everything to do with their product and thereby controls you. Restricting what you can do in a space to protect the integrity (snickers) of the Harry Potter brand is just another form of "digital rights management" (DRM), which as we know from the announcement of a certain new gaming console announced last week, keeps getting more and more restrictive since our government (for the people, by the people) has decided it's not going to bother implementing any laws to protect the consumer when it comes to digital purchases. Hence the corps and capitalists have free reign to do whatever they want.

So yeah, this case is pretty much the opposite of big government communism.

Message 31 of 56 (267 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

May 30, 2013
you just have to know magic to do these things. i always wanted communion on home, it taste so good!
Message 32 of 56 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3995 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Communism?  This is not Kim Jong Un Home. 

Message 33 of 56 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
165 posts

May 30, 2013
Wow, my first impression of this apartment was that I would probably buy it. It looked nice in the pics on other posts. But after reading this thread, its a definite no go for me. The point is this: if u are willing to put your content in a system, you should except that systems rules. Like you don't see those kind of restrictions on music on iTunes or books on amazon. Just very sad.
Message 34 of 56 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

May 30, 2013

No matter how certain Potter Fans want to state it Force Immersion is a form of discrimination on PS Home. And it usually shines when they bring up examples of people they don't want to see based solely on how they look from the clothes those people bought.

As far as the Personal Space for this goes I think the Potter Fans need to direct this problem at Pottermore.com. I highly doubt complaining to Sony will do anything.

I haven't seen the place but it currently sounds bad & the fact I can't even try to see the purchase price in PS Home when I click on Common Room makes me feel like they're hiding something.

-

A little off-topic but if all PS Home Publishers ever decided to force you to only wear their clothes in their public spaces I'd expect people to either then dump PS Home completely or only buy from fewer publishers. For me I guess the only place I'd go to then is the Konami "rooftop". Because that's where most of my cat heads are from & my werewolf head.

Message 35 of 56 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
900 posts

May 30, 2013
North Korea best Korea!

Seriously, aren't a lot of the public places there like museums just like being on a Home private server (empty?) Smiley Tongue
Message 36 of 56 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
900 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013
Double post. Sry. boo!
Message 37 of 56 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

May 30, 2013

After this debacle, I can't say that I see Pottermore lasting long in PS Home.

Message 38 of 56 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 30, 2013

This is facism, not communism. Please don't drag innocent communists into this. They're confused enough and they have no god.

Neither, apparently, do the marketing jackholes at Sony who continue to release products without providing a full catalog explanation of what they are. This is what, the second or third time this year we've had one of these?

How hard is it to get this?

Tell people what they're buying before they buy it.

You will have far fewer angry customers that way.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 39 of 56 (149 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

This is facism, not communism. Please don't drag innocent communists into this. They're confused enough and they have no god.

Neither, apparently, do the marketing jackholes at Sony who continue to release products without providing a full catalog explanation of what they are. This is what, the second or third time this year we've had one of these?

How hard is it to get this?

Tell people what they're buying before they buy it.

You will have far fewer angry customers that way.

This and given the limitations there won't be many of those who actually buy this! 

Message 40 of 56 (142 Views)
0 Likes