Nov 01 2013
By: LegendzX Splicer 48 posts

Clubs: How much do you use them?

[ Edited ]
16 replies 243 views Edited Nov 1, 2013

I know there are some very diverse and creative clans/community groups out there, many of whom may have their own Club setup on PS Home.

So, I was wondering... how often do you make use of the Club features and particularly the Clubhouse?

From a social point of view there are some great things you can do with a Club and the private space provided is a brilliant way of meeting up with fellow members. There too are some downsides, such as the limit to how many people can be in one Club, so it will be interesting to see how they are utilised today.

I myself am in a Club and we purchased it in 2011. Since then although we have had a few meetings and events in the space, we certainly could do a lot more. I've been keen to try get more of my clan members to check out Home and what all there is at the touch of a few buttons.

More information about Clubs: click me

(Thank you to Optimus_Prime; though it's a slightly older topic it still has some great information & is located on these forums)

Message 1 of 17 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Re: Clubs: How much do you use them?

Nov 1, 2013
Honestly, I use the clubs for the tags more than the clubhouses themselves. I wish you were able to join more than 5 clubs.
nelsig
Message 2 of 17 (214 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

Nov 1, 2013
It's too bad that you can't just set a tag even if you're not part of a Club to an extent.

But I suppose, it's one of those advantages of affiliating with a Club, and it's quite a professional form of recognition.
Message 3 of 17 (201 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Nov 1, 2013
Never but I had a game launch for assassins creed black flag in home earlier today (hunting for people to add that also plan on getting it) and a guy walked up and said nice club tag... Does anyone else see the sadness in that? On playstation... Home...... With no gamers lounge....
Message 4 of 17 (192 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4725 posts

Nov 2, 2013
I don't care about the tag and barely use the clubhouse.... but my club channel is very active. Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 17 (178 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

Nov 2, 2013

I use my club quite a bit, though to be honest a good portion of my members are European (German, to be specific), so I don't know how many of those members are utilizing it to its fullest extent. I've striven to keep my members active (with planned events) and use the forums to let them know about upcoming event and new items. And I love putting fun stuff in my clubhouse for them to use.

Most of my NA users have their own clubs, so they aren't usually around unless we're doing an event, but I'm in my clubhouse at least once a week updating the bulletin board and such. (And changing the decor--I love doing that).

I really wish I could change my club tag and abbreviation. And the bulletin board is just awful. There's one member who's name triggers the 'forbidden words' thing, so I can never put his name in a post--and it's nothing even CLOSE to a swear or dirty word, so I don't know what that's about.

I think the Club system could definitely be streamlined. I'd like to see an end to the 'notes' and just do one continous post with a larger word count. But other than that, I am satisfied. I have 3 very nice, very interactive club skins and I switch them out depending on the season and my whims. Love it.

Club: Nachtmere
Message 6 of 17 (165 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Nov 2, 2013
I made my own club several months ago, it's rather popular and almost full. Something I still use a lot, and with four arcade games with freebies, a Loot TV, a Loot radio, and a dance floor in it, there's lots to do there. Totally swagtastic.
Message 7 of 17 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2013

Maybe it's a love/hate thing... haha.

There's so much more that could be done with Clubs and it could be an even more sought out Home feature (and not just for the tags!).

In future would be great to see more social/interaction options and maybe the Clubhouses can be geared with minigames and more utilities to encourage people to use them, as they are meant to be a major perk of buying a Club.

Message 8 of 17 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Nov 2, 2013
I use it more for getting people the ghost outfit (cutteridge club skin) i dont have much there since things get in the way of the candle game i believe.. and i love the tag i use for it (WICKED CARNIVAL)... WHOOP WHOOP....
Message 9 of 17 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

Nov 2, 2013
Message 10 of 17 (129 Views)
0 Likes