Highlighted
Jul 07 2010
By: Lord_Rinja I Only Post Everything 1238 posts

Club Owners and People Interested in Owning a Club

21 replies 34 views Edited Jul 7, 2010

I have a Clubhouse like many of us on Home. Lately becase of Companies like Loot and VeeMee, Hanging out at Clubhoouses has become more bearable. However, as a Club owner, I think we need more options to easily keep in touch with members to organize events such as Club ran Game Launches. Also, it would be nice if the Owners could award virtual items to Club Memebers for catergorys like Member of the Month or some type of wall certificate for winning a club ran event. Of course like many of you, I also think we need either more Clubhouses or the abilty to assign one of our Personal Spaces as a Clubhouse. So here's a basic summary:

- Mass Messaging to Club Members from within the Club Menu
- User Generated Awards for Club Members
- More Clubhouses or The Ability to Assign a Personal Space as a Clubhouse

I'm sure many of you have some awesome suggestions as well as concerns for this topic as well. Please post them here. Home is moving forward but Clubs are still far behind. We can't even put up picture frames in them yet. Please let your voices be heard.

Message 1 of 22 (34 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Re: Club Owners and People Interested in Owning a Club

Jul 7, 2010

Very good suggestions! That first one about mass messaging to club members via the club menu is a critical one. Many of us don't have space to add all of our club members as friends. And even if we did, we couldn't message all of them at once. It's a tedious thing to message club members, even with the copy and paste function.

I have other suggestions in the second post of my Clubs FAQ: http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/PlayStation-Home-Clubs-FAQ/m-p/40319743.

I'm ready to update the FAQ once something actually changes for clubs and clubhouses (e.g., the Midway game that will be available for purchase soon). Hopefully, we'll see more changes for clubs and clubhouses!

EDIT: I just wanted to mention that this topic might get more replies in the Clubs forum.

Message 2 of 22 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1238 posts

Jul 7, 2010

Thanks for the advice Optimus. I basically forgot their was a club forum since I usually don't wander outside of the general Home forum beyond Tech Support. I'll see if I get any more responses here or if my thread gets moved. If not, then I'll post in there.

Message 3 of 22 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Jul 7, 2010

very good points. These would definately strike an interest in clubs once again for the long term. 

May I suggest custom lighting as well so the clubhouse doesn't look like a classroom if there would be no plans for different clubhouses.

Message 4 of 22 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jul 7, 2010

I'd love that user generated award option. I don't agree completely. People do need incentive to join a club, specially when it's so easy to just buy your own.

We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.

Message 5 of 22 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1238 posts

Jul 8, 2010

RenegadeTomato wrote:

I'd love that user generated award option. I don't agree completely. People do need incentive to join a club, specially when it's so easy to just buy your own.

Yeah, with the whole user generated thing, I would use it like this:

- The winner of a tournament held by the club will get a Certificate that has fill in spots for

a. The Name of the Club
Proudly Presents

b. Name of Member
With this certificate of achievement for winning
c. The name of the Tournament

- The winner would get a trophy.The text on the name plate would be fully customizable:

a. Place 1st, 2nd, 3rd

b. Name of Club

c. Name of Event

d. Name of Member

Also, it would be cool to create and award store for Club owners. Companies could create different designs for Awards,the Club owner could buy the design and give it out to the clubs members. This type of distribution could also be used for:

- Birthday Parties

- Weddings

- Memorial Services etc.

Basically any type of event. It can also be used as SWAG or Party Favors for club get togethers. Stuff like this would be a hook and give us owners a reason to pay monthly for our club because this would keep the content fresh.

Message 6 of 22 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1238 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Sinistr_Immortl wrote:

very good points. These would definately strike an interest in clubs once again for the long term. 

May I suggest custom lighting as well so the clubhouse doesn't look like a classroom if there would be no plans for different clubhouses.

Custom lighting is a cool idea. How about Variable Lighting. Press a button, its low for Disco style events. Hit another button, its bright for sporting events, press another button, Spotlights on the stage etc.

Message 7 of 22 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Jul 8, 2010

sounds cool btw how about a disco ball for the club????

Give me a stick, trashcan lid, and a pot and ill take on the world!
Message 8 of 22 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1238 posts

Jul 8, 2010
Hey, they already have a Disco Ball in Darla's Den so I can totally see that working a club. Considering the rising popularity of Home Weddings, things like this will eventually be demanded by the public.
Message 9 of 22 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Lord_Rinja wrote:

- User Generated Awards for Club Members
- More Clubhouses or The Ability to Assign a Personal Space as a Clubhouse

I intend to start a club soon, and I love these ideas. Trophies or some other award system would be great for events, and I would love to use my Rapture Metro apartment as a clubhouse.

Maybe we could have a choice of replacing the trophy with a Home item? Or even awarding an item and a trophy together. I have a lot of items I don't really want, but my friends like them, soo... Smiley Tongue

And maybe some form of VIP system for clubs? They wouldn't have sub-leader powers, but some extra features that can be predefined by the leader.

Also, there is a working disco ball already available. Prize 6 of High Roller.

Message 10 of 22 (34 Views)
0 Likes