Highlighted
Apr 18 2013
By: AbysmalDawna Fender Bender 2003 posts

Club Name Limits?

16 replies 204 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

I was just riding my new chopper in pier park an hour ago and came across a group of people with "Smoke Methh Hail Satan" as their club tag.  Now dont get me wrong they were nice to me and not doing or saying anything bad.  Also one was level 8 and playstation plus members and they had on nice fashions etc and they were not just troublemakers.  My question is are there any boundries when naming a club or does anything go?

Also while I am at it I would like to point out the great deal I got from ndreams: 9 choppers for 6.49.  It is probably the best deal I have had lately or at least since I got Paris space for 2.99.

Message 1 of 17 (204 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28560 posts

Re: Club Name Limits?

Apr 18, 2013

Yes there are boundries. A profanity filter. However, if you feel that someone's club name is offensive, and they've managed to by-pass the profanity filter, you can still report them.

Face them. Highlight their name and use the report option. Doing so will capture an image so that the Moderators can see the offense.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 17 (198 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
735 posts

Apr 18, 2013

I see lots of offensive "club names" ever since the update came out that allows you to display it under your PSN ID. As per usual the perverts are abusing something meant to be fun for others. Either they had a pervy club name to begin with or purposely created one to display. Not much we can do except report them.

Message 3 of 17 (191 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

I am not sure that name is a violation. However, the display of this info certainly tells you more about the character of the person behind that Avatar; and I see that info as a plus. It is like having a potential criminal stamp a warning on his forehead. It is the user's choice to proudly display that information.

Posted Image

Message 4 of 17 (179 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Shame you can't change club names or club tags without having to create a new club. Would be nice if they changed that at some point. 

Message 5 of 17 (175 Views)
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Apr 18, 2013
well to play devils advocate here...what if the members of this club are satanist by religion...and enjoy smoking meth? i mean you said they were nice. if i were to have club tags that said "beer with Jesus" would that be reportable to?
Message 6 of 17 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 18, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
well to play devils advocate here...what if the members of this club are satanist by religion...and enjoy smoking meth? i mean you said they were nice. if i were to have club tags that said "beer with Jesus" would that be reportable to?

I didnt report them because they were friendly to me and looked like they spent money in Home which makes Home stronger.  I was just kind of curious as to what is allowed in a clubs name.  Also while I was there they said nothing that was anything bad.

Message 7 of 17 (150 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Oh hey, that's my club. 
Just to be clear, I don't do any drugs, nor do I worship Satan (or follow any religion for that matter, but I digress).
It was just a saying I saw one day. And I liked it, and made it my club. It's not a real club with meetings or anything, just me and a few friends that just happen to like the name. Don't ask why.

And I didn't bypass any filter, because "meth" wasn't censored, which actually surprised me

Of course, every now and then, people will come up to me, thinking my club name is legit and that I actually do those things. But given the "edgy" title, I don't blame them.

If anyone in Home sees me and does indeed get offended by my club name, feel free to report it.
But I'm not gonna change it. It's just a fun thing between my friends and I, in a weird sort of way.

I've seen quite a few club names that were far worse than mine anyway. Cat Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 17 (137 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1126 posts

Apr 18, 2013

hi all and op here is a link on more infomation clubs and other stuff about it here the link to lt. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/PlayStation-Home-Clubs-FAQ/m-p/28327324/thre... i hope this helps tc and have fun.

Message 9 of 17 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 18, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:

I don't know if it's REPORTABLE, but it is offensive... Everybody knows Jesus was a wine guy. Smiley Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 17 (120 Views)