I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Re: [Club] * ANGELS & DEMONS * - Civil War Challenges Every Tuesday at 9PM EST/6PM PST

Jun 3, 2014
Hi fellow Angels and Demons,

Its been a hectic few weeks on the real life side for myself (with graduations) and I’ll dare speak for David as well (CongRats and much happiness to your daughter and new in-law). So I thought I would take this opportunity to briefly break down where we stand.

I will post recaps of the last few weeks challenges later tonight and give an update of the Civil War Challenge Tally for each accordingly.

There will be a meet tonight at 9pm EST/6PM PST sharp. Tonight, our challenge will be the much-anticipated “Angels and Demons Movie Challenge”. So get those thinking caps on! To give you some idea, I spent 3 hours last night Photoshopping (well GIMPing really) for a challenge that is expected to take no longer than 15 minutes. Smiley Very Happy

Also at the meet I will formally announce the Winner of our Faction Photo Poll for those who weren’t aware of it last week (I made an unofficial announcement last week at the end of the challenge). I will also let you all know of the CWC Tally and where each faction stands. And as always we will have a group photo. Also, since there was no official meeting of TAM last Saturday, I’m thinking perhaps we can show off the new spaces that were part of last week’s update: Ajagara’s Peak and the Castle. The movie challenge should be fairly quick (less than a half hour), so if you all like that option, please let me know (and non-members are welcome to tag along of course).

Hope to see y’all there. Smiley Happy
Photobucket
Message 661 of 674 (442 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Re: [Club] * ANGELS & DEMONS * - Civil War Challenges Every Tuesday at 9PM EST/6PM PST

Jun 3, 2014

I will miss this.. hope we can do an encore on Saturday. Smiley Happy rl sure been keeping goin.

We will need some DEMONS on the  team.. gonna have to start recruiting me some demons

have any help wanted ad ideas.. hmm maybe CraigsList? ;p

Message 662 of 674 (427 Views)
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Jun 3, 2014
Maybe DamiensList? Or PazuzuList? Smiley Very Happy

I'll keep the challenge warm for TAM as well. Smiley Happy
Photobucket
Message 663 of 674 (423 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2014

I'll leave the recap to Tracie, but here are a couple pics from tonight's meet:

Miss_Ann_Thrope, anamri, StephieRawks, Ra_the_Sun_King and Gigantor

Observer Screenshot 7_18 AM 6_3_2014.jpg

Miss_Ann_Thrope, StephieRawks, anamri, Ra_the_Sun_King and Gigantor

Observer Screenshot 7_23 AM 6_3_2014.jpg

Message 664 of 674 (411 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jun 4, 2014

Y2David wrote:

I will miss this.. hope we can do an encore on Saturday. Smiley Happy rl sure been keeping goin.

We will need some DEMONS on the  team.. gonna have to start recruiting me some demons

have any help wanted ad ideas.. hmm maybe CraigsList? ;p

I'd be happy to come visit again sometime and fill in on either side should you need an extra angel or demon. You were all most gracious when I visited and it was good fun.

Message 665 of 674 (397 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 4, 2014
I haven't read this thread yet (I am sorry for this I will try but it's HUEG) but being post #666 on an angels and demons thread is too tempting to not. Huzzah!
Support Forums
Message 666 of 674 (407 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Jun 4, 2014
Pistolero, you sneaky lil devil, you! Smiley Tongue

Message 667 of 674 (404 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Jun 5, 2014

Thank you, Stephie.  Those are awesome pictures.  And Mya, you are welcome anytime (I have a feeling you would have added well to our pre-Challenge conversation last night Smiley Wink).  I’ll send you a PM. We meet on Tuesday nights now at 9pm ET.  But we are always recruiting, angel and demon alike.  Smiley Happy

Pistol, you're in trouble now.  That special post was reserved for the Queen Demoness.  A word to the wise: Keep a safe distance from the one they call Y2Diva henceforth.

Also, I just want to note that I’ll have a “special edition” of the Angels & Demons Movie Challenge on Saturday at this week’s TAM meet (at David’s request).  So y’all welcome to check it out. Because of this, I will hold off posting pics and answers to the Challenge until after TAM, but now for the recap.

June 3, 2014

We met at the SeaClyff space and after discussing a few details about upcoming things (including a very special “unofficial” announcement from yours truly that will be revealed later this month), I introduced this week’s Civil war Challenge: The ANGELS & DEMONS Movie Challenge.   From there, we retreated to my Hollywood Hills Daytime Private Space to begin. 

For the challenge, I hung ten one-sheet movie posters throughout the space.  However, for the one sheets, I edited out all the easily identifiable information: title, major stars, credits blurred, etc.  So contestants only had to go by the artwork to guess the name of the movie.  I did give one vital clue however: the title of each movie had at least one of the following words in it: Angel, Demon, or Devil.  Here is an example:

Observer Screenshot 9_38 AM 6_4_2014.jpg

Can you guess the movie?  Here’s a hint: remember the thread in which you are reading this.

This being a timed challenge, I activated the LOOT radio and allowed the Team of two angels and two demons three song s worth of time from the 90’s channel on RadioIO to try and guess all ten posters/movies.  At the end of the third song, if not sooner, each faction was required to submit their guesses.  Group chat was allowed for each faction.

While both teams had their movie trivia going on big time, in the end, Demons squeezed out a victory by getting a perfect 10 out of 10.  Team Angels scored 8 out of 8.  Team Demons gets the Civil War Challenge point for this week. 

“ANGELS & DEMONS”

MOVIE POSTER CHALLENGE

Score: 2 points for each correct guess, 10 posters in total.

TEAM ANGELS (anamri & StephieRawks): 16 (8 out of 10)

TEAM DEMONS (Ra_The_Sun_King & Gigantor): 20 (10 out of 10)

TEAM DEMONS WINS THE CHALLENGE!!

(I will post pictures of each poster and answers after the TAM meet on Saturday to allow that club’s members to play the challenge spoiler-free – well, except for number one but that’s a dead giveaway anyway.)

Attendees for this week's Meet/Challenge:

Miss_Ann_Thrope

anamri

Ra_The_Sun_King

Gigantor

StephieRawks

Photobucket
Message 668 of 674 (394 Views)
Gaming Beast
1862 posts

Jul 20, 2014

Just dropping by to post some pics!

PlayStation(R)Home Picture 06-17-2014 21-50-14.jpg

PlayStation(R)Home Picture 06-17-2014 21-50-36.jpg

PlayStation(R)Home Picture 07-15-2014 20-55-15.jpg

PlayStation(R)Home Picture 07-15-2014 20-56-37.jpg

PlayStation(R)Home Picture 07-15-2014 20-57-41.jpg

PlayStation(R)Home Picture 07-15-2014 20-57-56.jpg

PlayStation(R)Home Picture 07-15-2014 21-00-52.jpg

Message 669 of 674 (289 Views)
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Jul 22, 2014
Hello fellow Angels and Demons,

I regret to inform you that I almost certainly will not be able to make tonight’s meeting. When I turned on my PS3 this morning, I learned that my PS3 has a corrupted file system that will only get to about 33% before the restoral fails out and starts insisting that I have to do a wholesale format. Suffice it to say, I will not be able to investigate this any further until later this afternoon after work. **bleep** > SMH

Hopefully, David can try to take over the meeting tonight. He is most welcome to. Given the serious condition of my system however, I would abandon all hope of my timely participation. Hopefully this is an issue that will sort out.

I hope to see everyone soon.

-T
Photobucket
Message 670 of 674 (259 Views)
0 Likes