I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Re: [Club] * ANGELS and DEMONS * Civil War Challenges every Monday at 9pm Eastern

Oct 3, 2012

Yeah Go demons!  Smiley Tongue  Whatev!  lol  #notjelly #yeahright

Actually, good game.  And I'm finalizing the rules and regulations for Triviasylum (don't worry, there are only a few and are easy to follow), now onto formulating the round structure.  It will be very similar to a pub trivia setup.

And, repeating what Vicki said, sorry for your loss David.  As Vicki said, we're here if you need us.  

Oh and LOVED that you captchad my Caddyshack line.  Cat LOL

Photobucket
Message 461 of 674 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
379 posts

Re: [Club] * ANGELS and DEMONS * Civil War Challenges every Monday at 9pm Eastern

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

Hi guys, I have a busy few weeks coming up so I have to step back from A&D for a while. Hope to be back soon. In the meantime Go Demons!

Message 462 of 674 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Oct 9, 2012

SprawlUS wrote:

Hi guys, I have a busy few weeks coming up so I have to step back from A&D for a while. Hope to be back soon. In the meantime Go Demons!

is kewl bro .. we'll miss ya fer the time being hope to see ya soon.. Yay!! Go Demons!!!

Message 463 of 674 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu129/Y2David/5c47774c.jpg

Monday October 8, 2012

We started the challenge a bit late as It was being set up, the challenge "Peeps & Pads"  was about which team was first to get to the finish platform after having each team use Peeps to push telepads to a different area so their Avatars could use. Thou there was some glitch in the challenge so it did not count this time in which it will be rescheduled for a different date.

Also mentioned was Miss_Ann's Triviasylum Challenge scheduled for October 22 and the Halloween Story/Act Team Challenge scheduled for October 28. Also mentioned was the Dolphy Racing Team Challenge as we need to close entries and set a date for it.

The Score still remains Demons 29/ Angels 24 .

those who attended were:

Team Angels

• krisiambo
  • ron1ron1
  • anamri
  • Miss_Ann_Thrope
  • ixarix1

Team Demons

• Y2David
  • McJorneil
  • XxQueen_VeexX
  • SCarverOrne
  • WitchBlade

More Pictures taken to be posted later

Message 464 of 674 (480 Views)
Sackboy
379 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Phew so glad I didn't miss the revamped peep event been looking forward to that, will see if I can be back for  Missy's event in 2 weeks.

Message 465 of 674 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Oct 16, 2012

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu129/Y2David/5c47774c.jpg

With last night's maintenance we canceled our meet/challenge, thou we shall adjurn next Monday the 22nd with Miss_Ann's planned Triviasylum Challange. Prepare yourselfs and get your thinking horns/halos ready.

As for Monday the 29th we shall be doing the Haloween Story/Act Team Challenge, as this will be a teamwork challenge and we will have guest judges vote on which team has the best story/act.. This challenge will be worth 3 points.  Prepare yourselves fer this challenge just two weeks away.

This is the Angels chance to redeem themselves and catch up to them Demons... current score is 24/29

Message 466 of 674 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3995 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

I am not an Angle, but I just got bored and created this. Smiley Tongue

Message 467 of 674 (436 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

About tonight’s challenge.

TRIVIA CHALLENGE for ANGELS and DEMONS

Monday, October 26 @ 9pm EST/6pm PST

Basically it will be a pub-style trivia game with various categories. There will be two teams (Angels and Demons) with equal participants. The team with the highest total score at the end of the game wins the coveted point.

Each team should designate a Captain, who will be responsible for submitting answers via XMB message to the trivia host. Unless otherwise advised, only a Captain is allowed to officially submit an answer via XMB on behalf of their team.

Group chat is not only allowed but encouraged so that team players may discuss and deliberate during the time given to contemplate their answer.

FORMAT (Subject to possible last-minute change):

1ST QUARTER: Four questions, various categories, wager of 1, 3, 5, or 7 points.

1st HALF BONUS – Category TBA. This will be a full participation round.

2nd QUARTER: Four questions, various categories, wager of 1, 3, 5, or 7 points.

HALFTIME BONUS: Guess the answer based on the five clues provided. 1st clue = 10 points, 2nd clue = 8 points, 3rd clue = 6 points, 4th clue = 4 points, 5th and final clue = 2 points. The clues get easier as the round progresses. Correct answer will add your wagered points to your score. An incorrect answer will subtract 5 points from your score, regardless of when your team submits your answer.

3rd QUARTER: Four questions, various categories, wager of 2, 4, 6, or 8 points.

2nd HALF BONUS – Category TBA. (NOTE: this may be held in a private space due to technical considerations)

4th QUARTER: Four questions, various categories, wager of 2, 4, 6, or 8 points.

FINAL ROUND: 2 questions, categories TBA. You can wager 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 points. Correct answer will add your wagered points to the total score. But an incorrect answer will subtract your wagered score from the total.

RULES, REGULATIONS and TIPS:

- No enunciation or typing of any answers – right or wrong. All answers must be submitted via XMB message by the Team Captain unless otherwise mentioned by the host.
- No outside sources. Books, iPads, phone-a-friend, texting, Googling, computers. In essence, NO CHEATING!
- Decisions of the trivia host are final.
- Use Group chat for your team.
- While I will be acting as scorekeeper, its probably a good idea for each team to designate a person to tally their own scores as well so you can keep track. Even though I will be giving score totals for each team throughout the game.
- Be careful in answering for the halftime and final bonus, since an incorrect answer will DEDUCT points from your total. All other rounds are point-neutral for incorrect answers, meaning you will be awarded nothing but you will not lose any points either.
- HAVE FUN!!!

Photobucket
Message 468 of 674 (417 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Miss_Ann_Thrope wrote:

About tonight’s challenge.

TRIVIA CHALLENGE for ANGELS and DEMONS

Monday, October 26 @ 9pm EST/6pm PST

Basically it will be a pub-style trivia game with various categories. There will be two teams (Angels and Demons) with equal participants. The team with the highest total score at the end of the game wins the coveted point.

Each team should designate a Captain, who will be responsible for submitting answers via XMB message to the trivia host. Unless otherwise advised, only a Captain is allowed to officially submit an answer via XMB on behalf of their team.

Group chat is not only allowed but encouraged so that team players may discuss and deliberate during the time given to contemplate their answer.

FORMAT (Subject to possible last-minute change):

1ST QUARTER: Four questions, various categories, wager of 1, 3, 5, or 7 points.

1st HALF BONUS – Category TBA. This will be a full participation round.

2nd QUARTER: Four questions, various categories, wager of 1, 3, 5, or 7 points.

HALFTIME BONUS: Guess the answer based on the five clues provided. 1st clue = 10 points, 2nd clue = 8 points, 3rd clue = 6 points, 4th clue = 4 points, 5th and final clue = 2 points. The clues get easier as the round progresses. Correct answer will add your wagered points to your score. An incorrect answer will subtract 5 points from your score, regardless of when your team submits your answer.

3rd QUARTER: Four questions, various categories, wager of 2, 4, 6, or 8 points.

2nd HALF BONUS – Category TBA. (NOTE: this may be held in a private space due to technical considerations)

4th QUARTER: Four questions, various categories, wager of 2, 4, 6, or 8 points.

FINAL ROUND: 2 questions, categories TBA. You can wager 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 points. Correct answer will add your wagered points to the total score. But an incorrect answer will subtract your wagered score from the total.

RULES, REGULATIONS and TIPS:

- No enunciation or typing of any answers – right or wrong. All answers must be submitted via XMB message by the Team Captain unless otherwise mentioned by the host.
- No outside sources. Books, iPads, phone-a-friend, texting, Googling, computers. In essence, NO CHEATING!
- Decisions of the trivia host are final.
- Use Group chat for your team.
- While I will be acting as scorekeeper, its probably a good idea for each team to designate a person to tally their own scores as well so you can keep track. Even though I will be giving score totals for each team throughout the game.
- Be careful in answering for the halftime and final bonus, since an incorrect answer will DEDUCT points from your total. All other rounds are point-neutral for incorrect answers, meaning you will be awarded nothing but you will not lose any points either.
- HAVE FUN!!!

Triviasylum..

So looking forward to this challenge tonight.

the lil preview you gave us on Saturday sure guarantees this will be a Team effort challenge.

Put on your thinking horns Demons and halos for you Angels!

Message 469 of 674 (400 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Monday, October 22nd

(Miss_Ann_Thrope reporting)

Tonight was the long awaited Trivia Challenge.  I shed my traditional halo and donned a nurse’s costume to prescribe challenging mind-benders in the Triviasylum.  Due to timing and participation issues at the beginning, the original format as indicated above was slightly tweaked.

There were two teams; Team Angels consisted of Patchex (Captain), ixarix1, ron1ron1 and special guest angel Recca_HanabishiRepresenting Team Demons were SprawlUS (Captain), WitchBlade, Queen-Vee-JP and McJorneil/Y2DavidEach team used group channels to deliberate the questions that were posed, while the respective Team Captains submitted their responses to me via XMB message.

Round one took place at the clubhouse, and consisted of four challenge questions of varying subjectsWe then reconvened to my Hollywood Hills Mansion for the second round, where players guessed the movie featuring scream queens in a Halloween-themed picture roundWe then returned to the Clubhouse for the final two challenge questions, where points were not only wagered but possible sacrificed, affecting a teams total tally.

Both teams were close and in one instance neck and neck for the coveted lucky point, however two correct answers and careful betting in the last challenge round dashed the hopes for a possible Night Of The Demons (they canpretendat the HCV party :PMiss_Ann), and thus yielded a vital win for Team Angels.

Here is the breakdown of the scoresX = incorrect guessWinner of the challenge yielded one point in the overall tally.

TRIVIA-CHALLENGE-ROUNDUP.jpg

Score as of 10/22/12:

ANGELS = 25

DEMONS = 29

Attendees for the meeting:

Y2David

Miss_Ann_Thrope (Challenge Host)

Ixarix1

Patchex

ron1ron1

Queen-Vee-JP

Recca_Hanabishi

SprawlUS

WitchBlade

McJorneil

Krisiambo

to-late-to-game

Rikkuraynebaby

(If I missed anyone, please let me know and accept my apologies)

The Angels thwart the Demons for this week, but greater stakes await in next weeks challengeMeanwhile, angels and demons alike are encouraged to keep studying for a Triviasylum II in 2013.

- Miss_Ann_Thrope, Team Angels.

Photobucket
Message 470 of 674 (632 Views)