I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Re: [Club] * ANGELS & DEMONS * - Civil War Challenges Every Monday at 8PM EST/5PM PST

Feb 11, 2014

I’m working on last night’s recap (yeah right, how long does it take to type EPIC FAIL, Ann?? lol) when Brock sent this my way. I have to pause to put this up.

ANGELS & DEMONS gets not one, but TWO shout-outs in Brock’s latest article for PS Home Gazette. In it, he interviews Tanguy from Atom Republic. For those unaware, A&D hosted a couple of challenges based in Atom Republic spaces, including a Discotheque Challenge and (more recently) a Go Kart Race Challenge at Atom Republic Park.

Can I get a Whooooooooooooooop? ;D

Here’s the link:

http://pshomegazette.com/2014/02/11/an-afternoon-in-the-park-with-atom-republic/
Photobucket
Message 611 of 674 (674 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1862 posts

Re: [Club] * ANGELS & DEMONS * - Civil War Challenges Every Monday at 8PM EST/5PM PST

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2014

It wasn't really your fault, Tracie!  Dang errors!  Smiley Mad

I am itching to get back at the Demons!  Just wait til next Monday! Smiley Tongue

Thanks for spreading the word on the articles!  I'm off to read them now!

Message 612 of 674 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Feb 18, 2014

What's the current score? I've lost track.

Message 613 of 674 (641 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

February 24, 2014

Tonight, we had our second installment of Trivia Asylum when Miss_Ann_Thrope hosted the Academy Awards Trivia Challenge. This is a unique challenge in that not only will a point be given to the faction who wins Phase I, II and III tonight. But a SECOND Civil War Challenge point will be awarded to a faction solely on Phase IV participation, which will involve not only members but also the entire community.

Phase I involved a Team Play round of 5 Oscar-themed questions. Phase II had players from each faction guess the correct 2013 Academy Award winner based on a scrambled set of letters. Phase III, which took place at my Hollywood Hills personal space, was a picture round where players guessed the titles of ten Best Picture Oscar winners from years past based on the imagery on their posters (vital information like title and lead players were removed from the posters so as to add challenge).

Phase IV which begins soon, will be an ongoing poll where participants will make predictions on who will win on Sunday night based on 7 major Oscar categories. This is special in that not only club members can participate, but also the community is free to make their best guesses. The community, if they prefer, can also use their guesses to help either the Angels or the Demons by picking a faction (but this is optional, if you prefer to play Switzerland and remain neutral). The individual who makes the most accurate set of guesses will be eligible to win a prize.

Updated scores for Phases I-III are listed below. NOTE: Due to a technical issue, the Overall Civil War score remains unchanged pending final participation of a faction member for Phase III, then we will award the first point.

Attendees for Monday's Meet and Oscar Trivia Challenge (Angels = Blue, Demons = Red):

Miss_Ann_Thrope

Y2David

ixarix

Faustia666Faust

MrSDR2

Ra_The_SunKing**

ron1ron1

bmtx420**

** split challenge participation.

* ANGELS & DEMONS *

Oscar Trivia Challenge

February 24, 2014

Key: Angels = Blue, Demons = Red

Phase I – Oscar Trivia

5 Questions/Team Play

2 Points for correct answer

ANGELS            DEMONS

Q1                                  2 (Faustia)

Q2             2 (MrSDR2)

Q3             2 (ixarix)

Q4             2 (ixarix)

Q5             2 (ixarix)

Phase I Total:    8                     2

Phase II – Oscar Scrambler

Participants guess 2013 Oscar winner based

on a jumble-lettered name.

2 Points for correct answer.

ANGELS            DEMONS

MrSDR2           0

ixarix              2

Faustia666Faust                        2

ron1ron1           2

Ra_The_Sun_King                      2

Y2David                                 2

Phase II Total:    4                   6

Phase III – Picture Round

Participants guess Best Picture Winner

based on modified movie poster.

10 posters – worth 2 points each.

ANGELS          DEMONS

MrSDR2           20

ixarix              20

Faustia666Faust                      10

ron1ron1           16

Ra_The_Sun_King                     20

Y2David                                20

Phase III Total:   56                50

ANGELS WIN FIRST POINT AND ROUND, 68-58

Phase IV – Prognostication

Club Members and Community guess to predict winners based on 7 major categories.

A SECOND POINT WILL BE AWARDED TO

THE FACTION WITH THE MOST 

CORRECT GUESSES!

Members and Community invited to participate!

Poll link is located here:

CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR GUESSES!

ANGELS           DEMONS

RESULTS AND POINTS TO BE ANNOUNCED!!!

CIVIL WAR CHALLENGE TOTAL

(up to February 24, 2014)

ANGELS:  43

DEMONS:  41

Photobucket
Message 614 of 674 (610 Views)
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

February 24, 2014 (Update - February 27, 2014)

OK, I updated the Monday recap post since I was able to get David's picture round guesses (David still would not appear on my friends list, so Diva happily took his place).  Diva aced all 10 posters alas it would not enough to capture the first point as the Angels won by ten.  I have updated the recap thread with the current challenge point total.   There were a couple points added from prior challenges that have not been recapped including the Olympic/table hockey/baseball and Sodium TankTop 1.0 challenges, I will summarize these later.  I thought I would explain in anyone anyone sees the discrepancy between posts with CWC totals leap way up.  That is why.

Also, last night Y2David set up the Oscar Prediction Poll link.  Members and the community are encouraged to post their guesses for who will win Sunday night in 7 major categories.  Poll closes Sunday March 2, at 3PM PST/6PM EST/11PM BST(GMT).  The link is here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SLQ2C5Z

I will also be sending out XMB messages to accounts with this as well, so please watch for it and participate.  Remember, a second Civil War point is up for grabs and there might be something else for the entire community as well.  Good luck.

~Miss_Ann

Photobucket
Message 615 of 674 (583 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5095 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Miss_Ann_Thrope wrote:

February 24, 2014 (Update - February 27, 2014)

OK, I updated the Monday recap post since I was able to get David's picture round guesses (David still would not appear on my friends list, so Diva happily took his place).  Diva aced all 10 posters alas it would not enough to capture the first point as the Angels won by ten.  I have updated the recap thread with the current challenge point total.   There were a couple points added from prior challenges that have not been recapped including the Olympic/table hockey/baseball and Sodium TankTop 1.0 challenges, I will summarize these later.  I thought I would explain in anyone anyone sees the discrepancy between posts with CWC totals leap way up.  That is why.

Also, last night Y2David set up the Oscar Prediction Poll link.  Members and the community are encouraged to post their guesses for who will win Sunday night in 7 major categories.  Poll closes Sunday March 2, at 3PM PST/6PM EST/11PM BST(GMT).  The link is here:

I will also be sending out XMB messages to accounts with this as well, so please watch for it and participate.  Remember, a second Civil War point is up for grabs and there might be something else for the entire community as well.  Good luck.

~Miss_Ann

CongRats to the Angels for Monday's win..  was very nice how Miss_Ann made this challenge with a some trivia, scramble names and pictures based on past Oscar winners.

Now with continuation of the Civil War for A&D this will be interesting to see who will win the Oscar Predictions as the PSHome Community have a chance to take part in this.  

Make sure to cast your predictions & Good Luck to everyone this Sunday as we watch who will win!!

Message 616 of 674 (578 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Mar 1, 2014

Updated the OP.  Uncle Wizz be good like that.  Smiley Wink

Angels and Demons club thread
Message 617 of 674 (559 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Mar 1, 2014

Stop stealing my writing style, Chrissy!  Cat Mad

Photobucket
Message 618 of 674 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
5095 posts

Re: [POLL/CONTEST] * ANGELS & DEMONS * presents GUESS THE WINNERS! Pick who will win an Oscar S

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2014

Chriswizz92 wrote:

*** SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! ***

* ANGELS & DEMONS *

presents

GUESS THE WINNERS!

An Academy Awards Challenge

February 28, 2014 to

March 2, 2014 only!

Open to members and non-members alike!

Guess who will be the lucky one to take home the

golden statuette on March 2.

A&D (a proud member of UNITY) is opening up our latest Civil War Challenge to the entire community. That's right! Even YOU! You're invited to partake in our survey and pick who you think will win from the official Oscar nominees list in seven major categories

• Best Picture

• Best Actor in a Leading Role

• Best Actress in a Leading Role

• Best Actor in a Supporting Role

• Best Actress in a Supporting Role

• Best Achievement in Directing

• Best Animated Full-Length Feature

Gift Machine prizes awarded to individuals who accurately guess as many categories as possible.

A second Civil War Challenge point awarded to the faction with the biggest number of correct guesses overall.

You can make your predictions simply by clicking this link:

Poll closes Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 3PM PST / 6PM EST / 11PM BST(GMT)

Any questions? Please reply in this thread and we will answer any questions.  Don't be afraid to ask about our club as well.  You can read more about us after the jump.

* ANGELS & DEMONS * - a UNITY club

OP Looks good and nice with setting this up Miss_Ann_Thrope.

Voted!! 

This now makes Oscars more intriguing to watch to see who will win

Demons ftw!!

Message 619 of 674 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Re: [POLL/CONTEST] * ANGELS & DEMONS * presents GUESS THE WINNERS! Pick who will win an Oscar S

Mar 1, 2014
Uncle Wizz.did a nice op update wonder who it might be
Angels and Demons club thread
Message 620 of 674 (524 Views)
0 Likes