Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/18/2012
Online
2926 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 18, 2013

Revenger-cm wrote:

This must be an akward for me since i'm taking ACCUTANE today which is the stronget medication for acne and has A LOT of side effects which it can lead you up to suicidal things. May god be with me. So since you know, i feel offended by this space and many people by this day find acne funny or they're always saying ewwww to the people who have. Just so you know, if just by looking at someone else face gives you sadness and makes you feel gross i bet you would have taken suicide b4 all those strong people who must suffer of all the insults like me and my 4 years of acne. Can't get a girl, but hey... i'm not an **bleep** who laughts at it which is worst and this kind of people are in this space and with the integration of talking of acne makes people like me be offended. Personally i don't find that disturbing since now when people look at me in a weird surprised face because of my acne it now makes me laugh, since it's just too stupid to get sad or even mad. I'm 17 years old and i hope ACCUTANE, which is not a cheap product like Clearasil helps me so i can now attract girls with my 4 years of body building.... funny cause when i started bodybuilding my acne started... so no showing off my body.... NEVER plus girls taught i was handsome and it makes me suffer the double since that's gets me too anxious.

 

The game is great but i wouldn't mind removing the space for the god of people. Maybe there's people on home because they can't stand up to real life because they have severe acne and they sit on home all day and play ps home so they meet people without needing to look at his "gross" face and now they might cause those people sadness with this space.


I have been offended by a number of campaigns (such as the Axe compaign in CP) and a number of spaces (such as x7) and items sold (such as the oversized breasts and bottoms from Mass Media). You care about what YOU care about and I care about what I care about, but you're never going to change things on Home.

 

You know what this space and other things of this sort indicate to me? It's that Sony still thinks of ALL gamers as 15 year old boys. They need to check the statistics and see what the average age is for gamers and that gamers are about 50/50 male and female.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 41 of 57 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/18/2012
Online
2926 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

Tina101 wrote:

Hey there Revenger,

 

Girls will come to you if you show them that you are confident in your self. Women by nature are drawn to men more often if they are confident and strong, because women are the ones who are more insecure and shy and more concerned on image.


Sexist and inaccurate. I like men who are shy and retiring and I have to pull them out of their shells.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 42 of 57 (241 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 11/02/2012
Offline
40 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 18, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Tina101 wrote:

Hey there Revenger,

 

Girls will come to you if you show them that you are confident in your self. Women by nature are drawn to men more often if they are confident and strong, because women are the ones who are more insecure and shy and more concerned on image.


Sexist and inaccurate. I like men who are shy and retiring and I have to pull them out of their shells.



Say what you wish but I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just simply said what many go by, that's your taste so good for you. I never said that all women are that way, or I never ment to word it that way, if I have offended you or any other woman then I'm sorry.  I hope you won't dwell on that and miss my point. I was just saying that he should have confidence in him self and not focus on image or what others think.

Message 43 of 57 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/27/2009
Offline
22 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 18, 2013
Hey Avenger
Don't worry I understand how you must be feeling. Up until a few months ago I had extremely severe acne, the type that literally wouldn't budge for weeks/months on end and cheap products like clearasil would just make it worse.
I was extremely self-conscious about it and always felt that I was an eyesore to people.
But then back in February I started accutane and now my skin is perfect, there CAN be side effects but they only affect a very small percentage of people, you must feel frustrated but don't worry you'll start feeling better soon. Smiley Wink
Hang in there, and I hope your skin makes a quick recovery. Smiley Happy
Message 44 of 57 (195 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
1469 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 18, 2013

Iced-Tea-Bagger wrote:

Take a rage dump guy, you will feel better. And Im sure your acne will go away when you are older, it did for me. or try proactive


Proactive doesn't work lol. It just gives you more acne.

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 45 of 57 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
1469 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 18, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Revenger-cm wrote:

40 views and yet nobody gives a **bleep** -_-. That's the % on how many good are in this world... or in america


You are going about this all wrong.  Instead of body building try and figure a way to get a large sum of money. Or a fancy car.  Dont forget all you need to get the girls is cash.  Even if you got a face as pockmarked as the moon if you got the cash they got the trash.  So quit whining and leave the body building to the gay crowd, put on your thinking cap and go for it boy.


lol, i can do both, plus i need to bodybuild for breakdancing.

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 46 of 57 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
10662 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 18, 2013
I came to this thread to learn about why Clearasil is an insult, and I walk away with tips on picking up chicks...how the... Smiley Frustrated
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 47 of 57 (156 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
1469 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 18, 2013

Tina101 wrote:

Hey there Revenger,

I've been reading along, and seems like this topic has got off to different points and topics. I just wanted to say a few things.. For starters you seem to be a smart kid, many kids your age are insulting others and you are standing up for those with acne and trying to bring some attention to how this game could insult some people who have a acne problem.  For that I applaud you. However (bare with me on this) it seems like it isn't really the game that you are upset with. You are more angry with how people are treating others with acne, you are angry and upset with what happened to you. It is sad how people treat others and insult others based on flaws or such. We can't really change how people see others and what their opinions are, we can only control our own opinions and thoughts. You your self seem to be giving your self a bad thought of others. What I mean by this is what you said about you not being able to find a lady friend that will talk to you. You say they judge you based on your acne, but could it be that maybe they are just shy? Maybe they just don't know how to talk to you because you, yourself are shy infront of them. You must have confidence in your self as others have told you already, you must love your self, flaws and all. Acne, clothes, money etc. does not defy or make a person, a person makes and defies them selves. Uhm.. in other words you make your self, your acne has nothing to do with who you are, it just simply adds to you. It's just your body telling you that maybe some of your eating habits arn't the best or that you are just simply going through changes as you should be do to your young age. Girls will come to you if you show them that you are confident in your self. Women by nature are drawn to men more often if they are confident and strong, because women are the ones who are more insecure and shy and more concerned on image. I could go on about this forever as you can tell, lol but I'll just bring this baby in and say have confidence in your self and think about all of this in a different perspective.

 

Now back to the main topic, this game. You say that It maybe a insult to those with acne and I can see your point on this, but think about it in another perspective. Many people do battle acne and many are looking for acne treatments. This is simply just a ad it's actually helping many people, by showing them a example of how fast and effective the Clearasil brand is or could be.  So it's a good thing. The game shows how affective it is because in the game you pick up the products for a speed boost. It's a niffty idea but I for one must say, that I as a gamer I really didn't enjoy it much. The controls to me were terrible. I might as well be the mascot for them because I picked up and cleared all the obsticles in the path. Hehe.. >.>.. Maybe I'm just so used to the typical racing games where you hold x to go or whatever. Of course I'll give it more of a chance before I really judge it. I hope you will see the positive in this as apposed to only seeing the negative. I hope that your acne clears up for you and that you have better luck with those ladies lol. Well you have yourself a good day mister and good luck with everything. ^-^   (Good lord I wrote alot... >.>)


Well, i actually talk so many time to girl but they just seem to treat me the same and i think it's because of the acne. They think i'm weak with it and that i can't act by myself. I know i need to have limits and that's why sometimes i don't need to talk, not because i can't.

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 48 of 57 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
1469 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 18, 2013

onewingedmenace wrote:
Hey Avenger
Don't worry I understand how you must be feeling. Up until a few months ago I had extremely severe acne, the type that literally wouldn't budge for weeks/months on end and cheap products like clearasil would just make it worse.
I was extremely self-conscious about it and always felt that I was an eyesore to people.
But then back in February I started accutane and now my skin is perfect, there CAN be side effects but they only affect a very small percentage of people, you must feel frustrated but don't worry you'll start feeling better soon. Smiley Wink
Hang in there, and I hope your skin makes a quick recovery. Smiley Happy

Like i explained in my 4 years of acne. Right now i have hopes and i won't have any limits with the acne gone. So many times i could hug a girl because i trust her too much but then i think twice that she might feel uncomfortable because of my acne if i hug her to much. I'm really easygoing and for now i think everyone is nice to me and i'm nice to them and they don't see me that much of a sad person... maybe a guy with hopes. Maybe people say that acne shouldn't carry me the whole time but when you think about it you facing it the whole time and you need to even change actions everytime, which sometimes is not what i would want too. They bring up  

who's hotter and i always get scared if i get mentiones or those kind of subject that i would feel uncomfortable. Sorry if this thread has gone too far.

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 49 of 57 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/25/2009
Offline
119 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 18, 2013
Seriously? Maybe I'm going to sound like a class A jerk here but.. Who cares? So you have acne. So do a lot of people. But guess what.. other people have worse problems than you. So someone's advertising their product on PS Home. It's not like that was a new concept, that's what home does. It did with cars, deodorant, other random junk already so why not this? As other's have said, if you don't like it, don't go to the space.

I seriously can't believe that one advertisement that you've seen on television and internet a million times over already, turning up on home, turned this thread into a psycho-therapy session.
Message 50 of 57 (139 Views)