Reply
Splicer
Registered: 03/17/2011
Offline
71 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 17, 2013

Its a well known fact that gamers have acne. This space is obviously good advertising.

 

Keep body building bro. haters gonna hate!

Message 11 of 57 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
3075 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

I had bad acne when I was in highschool too. I used to get called pizzaface a lot. They didn't have Accutane back then niether, but mine wasn't that bad that I needed medication or anything. And I used to use clearasil as well. But just remember that acne is something that everyone's dealt with at a point in their lives so your not alone here. So what if Clearasil is advertising their product on Home. I say don't over think this ad campaign and just have fun with it. I for one love this new game and I thank Clearasil and the Home team for bringing it to us. Man Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 12 of 57 (250 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/07/2011
Online
1477 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 17, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

The space is an advertisement for a product. A product that many people may not be aware of. It's hardly an insult.

 

When Axe was advertising here, I never saw anyone complain about how they smelled bad and that the games were an insult to people with body odor.

 

Are you going to complain if LenseCrafters were to advertise their services and products in Home? "They're making light of people with vision problems or misaligned eyes!"

 

It just an ad. If you are insulted by it, make your complaint (only one is needed - here and at Clearasil), and don't go to the space and (don't) play the game.

 

Just do what I'm doing with this discussion. Just move on.


I know, i won't go to the place even after my acne dissapears because i still will find it an insult. Acne is so much more worst than odor which it can be treated easily. I'm not trolling, i'm being serious. Thanks for the people who actually supports these kind of people. 

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 13 of 57 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/07/2011
Online
1477 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 17, 2013
The game is great. All people had acne lol, but i'm talking about really severe acne that no girl will ever come close to you. 10 years ago is not the present were people were a lot nicer, nowadays having a good skin is not an option since i can't even get close to people and even talk of them because they always feel like they need to talk to wall and not look at me because they don't have nerves to look at me and that's just makes me anxious.
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 14 of 57 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/07/2011
Online
1477 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 17, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

Revenger-cm wrote:

40 views and yet nobody gives a **bleep** -_-. That's the % on how many good are in this world... or in america


So because no one replies to your post, that means they're bad people?
Some logic you have there.


It's mean to ignore someone who is going with a severe acne and not support him because you don't know the person or whatsover... it's like ignoring someone without a feet. I sometimes see people without a feet and i look at them with sadness, like i wish i could help in some way. If i actually told people how i truly feel about my acne, they would all act like they don't know what to say. I told a friend of mine how i did truly feel. He told me that i should just keep trying talking with friends and i had but they just won't let me go to that limit because of the acne. Basically is girl problem because with boys they don't cared much if you have acne or not. They just roll with it and be a regular friend which it has been a lot of help with my confidence. 

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 15 of 57 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/07/2011
Online
1477 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 17, 2013

Icinq wrote:

*Warning* Accutane may cause severe mood swings which may lead some people into lashing out at other acne medications for advertising their product in a videogame, and other videogame users. If this occurs please stop using the medication and consult a physician right away.


What if i wasn't a strong teen? I could seen this and even get depressed and even more while taking accutane. Be careful with what you say because words can kill.

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 16 of 57 (215 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
3075 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 17, 2013

 

Try 20 years ago lol. And actually I knew a guy who had it really severe and I remember the other kids were really mean to him. And again there was no medication for it back then so he had to live with it whether he liked it or not. But I do hope yours does clear up ok soon. And remember your 17 now so you only have acouple more years left until acne won't be a major problem anymore.

bobs fed signature
Message 17 of 57 (213 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/07/2011
Online
1477 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 17, 2013

eXawSt wrote:

Its a well known fact that gamers have acne. This space is obviously good advertising.

 

Keep body building bro. haters gonna hate!


Yes but clearasil is piece of garbage product tbh lol. That product is to stop 2-3 from one person. I just can't stand how girls knowing even are popping of her pimples when i'm present and they say that they feel really bad because of one pimple. Can you imagine with more than 500 which is basically what i have even thougt them lol... you see? I'm still happy with this problem and a lot of people won't even bother to post this in a playstation home forum. Yes i had my deppression and even suicidal thoughts but quickly after i'm happy. I just hope it clears up since if that happens i think the other emotional side effects won't be such big of deal. When i'm talking, walking, eaiting etc. i'm ALWAYS thinking of my acne and some actions i can't do because of that and it's like thinking double to do anything in life. 

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 18 of 57 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
982 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 17, 2013

Revenger-cm wrote:
The game is great. All people had acne lol, but i'm talking about really severe acne that no girl will ever come close to you. 10 years ago is not the present were people were a lot nicer, nowadays having a good skin is not an option since i can't even get close to people and even talk of them because they always feel like they need to talk to wall and not look at me because they don't have nerves to look at me and that's just makes me anxious.


Times may change but ppl stay the same bro, there has always been haters & always will be. That was my whole point, surround yourself w/ ppl that could careless what you look like & let the rest go. If the ppl you want in your life worry about those type things then maybe you should do some soul searching on your own & find out why you need validation from anyone but those that love/like you for who you are inside. Yea no matter what there may always be looks & mumbling about your condition but as I said that's where your self esteem & self worth should kick in. Good luck but regardless if you have the acne for the rest of your life, don't let it dictate how you carry yourself for 1 second. If you hold your head down ppl will look down on you, but if you walk w/ a little pride & self confidence others will feed off that vibe. You'll learn as you get older the ones who put worth in what you have or look like will eventually fade into the background anyway & you be left w/ the ppl who care about the real you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 57 (204 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/07/2011
Online
1477 posts
 

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

Apr 17, 2013
I even went to chatroulette and i'm being serious about this. Most of the people were like WOOOOOAH when it cam down to girls. When there was a group of boys they were laughing. Some random black dude told me: "use acne cream **bleep**" and i was like **bleep**. So even people from outside of my country they still react the same way.
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 20 of 57 (201 Views)
0 Likes