Apr 17 2013
By: Revenger-cm Uncharted Territory 1477 posts

Clearasil space is an insult

56 replies 1654 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

This must be an akward for me since i'm taking ACCUTANE today which is the stronget medication for acne and has A LOT of side effects which it can lead you up to suicidal things. May god be with me. So since you know, i feel offended by this space and many people by this day find acne funny or they're always saying ewwww to the people who have. Just so you know, if just by looking at someone else face gives you sadness and makes you feel gross i bet you would have taken suicide b4 all those strong people who must suffer of all the insults like me and my 4 years of acne. Can't get a girl, but hey... i'm not an **bleep** who laughts at it which is worst and this kind of people are in this space and with the integration of talking of acne makes people like me be offended. Personally i don't find that disturbing since now when people look at me in a weird surprised face because of my acne it now makes me laugh, since it's just too stupid to get sad or even mad. I'm 17 years old and i hope ACCUTANE, which is not a cheap product like Clearasil helps me so i can now attract girls with my 4 years of body building.... funny cause when i started bodybuilding my acne started... so no showing off my body.... NEVER plus girls taught i was handsome and it makes me suffer the double since that's gets me too anxious.

The game is great but i wouldn't mind removing the space for the god of people. Maybe there's people on home because they can't stand up to real life because they have severe acne and they sit on home all day and play ps home so they meet people without needing to look at his "gross" face and now they might cause those people sadness with this space.

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 1 of 57 (1,654 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1477 posts

Re: Clearasil space is an insult

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

40 views and yet nobody gives a **bleep** -_-. That's the % on how many good are in this world... or in america

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 2 of 57 (1,617 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Revenger-cm wrote:

40 views and yet nobody gives a **bleep** -_-. That's the % on how many good are in this world... or in america

So because no one replies to your post, that means they're bad people?
Some logic you have there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 57 (1,608 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Perhaps people were made uncomfortable by your experience, which would explain the lack of replies.

Maybe, they don't know quite what to say.

Your post made me a bit sad. Made me think too.

It is easy for me to say, that if the Clearasil Space makes  you uncomfortable, to avoid it.

This PSH Space is most likely just " to close to home " for you.

Obviously you have dealt with adversity. I hope for a few things :

That your acne improves with your new Meds. That your life improves no matter what the outcome.

I also hope that you can meet people that will consider that Who you are, is much more important than What you are.

Best of Luck to you in RL, and in Home.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 4 of 57 (1,576 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Revenger-cm wrote:

The fact of the matter is that no matter what Sony does there will always be someone it appears that is offended. If you're not into the space or the message just by pass it. Seriously it's not that hard. I understand you've had a bad experience but that doesn't mean that should exclude things like this. 

Personally I went to check it out and the rewards just aren't inspring as far as I'm concerned so I don't know if I'll try and win them. I do think it's nice when we get corporate sponcers who support Home because that is a signal that someone is paying attention.

It's a shame we can't get real game companies to take us seriously anymore. 

Message 5 of 57 (1,575 Views)
Wastelander
558 posts

Apr 17, 2013

*Warning* Accutane may cause severe mood swings which may lead some people into lashing out at other acne medications for advertising their product in a videogame, and other videogame users. If this occurs please stop using the medication and consult a physician right away.

Message 6 of 57 (1,569 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Revenger-cm wrote:

This must be an akward for me since i'm taking ACCUTANE today which is the stronget medication for acne and has A LOT of side effects which it can lead you up to suicidal things. May god be with me. So since you know, i feel offended by this space and many people by this day find acne funny or they're always saying ewwww to the people who have. Just so you know, if just by looking at someone else face gives you sadness and makes you feel gross i bet you would have taken suicide b4 all those strong people who must suffer of all the insults like me and my 4 years of acne. Can't get a girl, but hey... i'm not an **bleep** who laughts at it which is worst and this kind of people are in this space and with the integration of talking of acne makes people like me be offended. Personally i don't find that disturbing since now when people look at me in a weird surprised face because of my acne it now makes me laugh, since it's just too stupid to get sad or even mad. I'm 17 years old and i hope ACCUTANE, which is not a cheap product like Clearasil helps me so i can now attract girls with my 4 years of body building.... funny cause when i started bodybuilding my acne started... so no showing off my body.... NEVER plus girls taught i was handsome and it makes me suffer the double since that's gets me too anxious.

The game is great but i wouldn't mind removing the space for the god of people. Maybe there's people on home because they can't stand up to real life because they have severe acne and they sit on home all day and play ps home so they meet people without needing to look at his "gross" face and now they might cause those people sadness with this space.

Well Mr Revenger... I've never really had a problem with acne, the occasional breakout...

But I certainly never treated anyone with acne like a leper,,,, I was never one to call names because what's the point in making someone feel bad - I was disheartened when I read the other post and seen people making fun of pimples - but its not my place to tell people how to post... I suppose if I did have bad acne I would feel different and could understand your POV more.

I am happy though that you are getting treatment and remember that you can't let a condition run your life,,, you have to live your life and do the best you can...

And to be honest, we get a lot of people who troll in here so we don;t know of your serious or not.

Message 7 of 57 (1,552 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Personally I didn't reply for 1 reason. Your problem seems more like a self-esteem problem than an acne or Home space being so called insensitive problem. For example back in highschool I had a friend that had the worst acne I have ever seen, even worse than most of the ppl you see on those commercials. He was 1 of the most popular ppl in school, dated 1 of the hottest cheerleaders (& no he didn't play any sports himself). He had plenty of friends & girls wanting to date him because of his personality not what he looked like. Even tho he was picked on about it thru out middle & highschool, even picked up the nickname "Domino" & it didn't bother him in the slightest because he had enough self confidence to role with the punches & except his problem. Let ppl think & say what they wanna, as long as your good w/ yourself who cares. Also you mentioned your acne started when you started lifting weights, if you took any substance to help w/ the muscle growth, creatine, testosterone etc. then you kinda brought this on yourself. Seems to me that's where alot of ppl's problems come from these days, trying to live up too what society thinks they should look like or act, just be you & the rest will fall into place. Good luck w/ the acne bro & I would suggest getting off any chemicals & trying some natural remedies.

Message 8 of 57 (1,524 Views)
VP of Gaming
28891 posts

Apr 17, 2013

The space is an advertisement for a product. A product that many people may not be aware of. It's hardly an insult.

When Axe was advertising here, I never saw anyone complain about how they smelled bad and that the games were an insult to people with body odor.

Are you going to complain if LenseCrafters were to advertise their services and products in Home? "They're making light of people with vision problems or misaligned eyes!"

It just an ad. If you are insulted by it, make your complaint (only one is needed - here and at Clearasil), and don't go to the space and (don't) play the game.

Just do what I'm doing with this discussion. Just move on.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 9 of 57 (1,503 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
32 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I can't believe people are talking about acne in a space about acne!

You know what offends me? People who get offended on the internet.

Message 10 of 57 (1,477 Views)