Sackboy
392 posts

Re: Clarification of Gender Identity (Yes, this is PSH-Related!)

Feb 23, 2013
i understand whats going on now thanks to Danger Dad. ok person that made this topic cause you feel like a furry have furry fantasies and use furry on a video game does that make you a furry no it don't. same goes for using girl characters on home. just cause you do use a girl character feel like it and have fantasies of being this girl and all that dont make you a girl either. Cmon im sure some trans people agree with that it depends how you live out your life in real that makes you what you are not how you live it out in your brain and computer. it brings into fray this question right i got 2 kids say if my lil boy was old enough to use home and some old fat guy wants to hook up with him and tells my son hes a lil girl does the fat guy having fantasies about being a lil girl and using a lil girl make him a lil girl or make what hes doing ok NO i dont think so!
Message 31 of 129 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

Danger_Dad TrollingToolshed:

You must be having a good laugh behind your computer screen as you sit there thinking that I'm goanna flash my bewbs to you to help you understand that I have them.  That's a cute trick, but it's just not goanna work.  

I am completely astonished and disgusted by so many of you here, the majority of which are more irritated with the idea or possibility of a man wanting to present and transition in ways commonly labeled or associated with "female" or "feminine" ideals.  

I'm also saddened by the fact that so little of you have presented any actual debate or issue with any of my original points whatsoever.  The only thing I have received is interrogation, speculation about my anatomy/genitalia, and personal attacks, all of which have nothing to do with this conversation.  

Yes TrollingToolshed, my entire thesis IS based on how one's self-identity of gender ENTIRELY trumps the physical traits, birth anatomy, or chromosome layout of an individual.  I have, of course, noticed that most of Home and the world disagrees with that, as has every transgendered person in the world.  My post here was to seek to show the world, specifically the world of Home, how this is an old idea based on irritational thoughts of discrimination for no reasons except personal threat.  For example, one man sees another man displaying more "feminine traits", whatever HE determines those to be, and as a result sees fit to feel personally threatened as a man, as though all men SHOULD act as he acts, and if they don't they are taking away from HIS legitimacy of being a man.  This is dangerous, and it is entirely abhorrent.  The bigger issue here, however, is what any person feeling personally offended regarding the issue of gender and others gender identity typically chooses to do with that information.

Lastly, as far as how the world feels and doesn't feel, here are several pages worth of that:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/transgender/

Here is GLAAD's list of resources and educational tools for those who identify as transgender, and who would like to more about those who identify as transgender:
http://www.glaad.org/transgender

Here is an extremely lengthy wikipedia page about the topic of Transgender:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender

Here is an extremely lengthy wikipedia page about the topic of Transsexualism:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexualism

Here is a video I hope you will all find very helpful from Calpernia Addams, entitled "Bad Questions to Ask a Transsexual" -- Hopefully you will be able to find more information about your own misconceptions regarding the trans-community in general, and why you seem to feel that those who identify as a gender different from their physical sex are "lying" about it:

Here is an interview with Richard O'Brien, who wrote Rocky Horror Picture Show, which includes his feelings about gender identity regarding himself, and in general:

I appreciate everyone's time and feedback about about this topic, including those who feel the need to troll.  No sorry, I'm not going to show you my bewbs.

www.tiny.cc/signforhome

-------

If you are part of the 99%, you are automatically a part of the Occupy movement.
Message 32 of 129 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Who cares ?

Why does the forum need a gender lesson ?

Whatever happened to dont ask dont tell ?

The sooner people quit trying to forcefeed it down everyone elses throat the sooner they dont have to whine about being judged by the very people they whine about.

Message 33 of 129 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Just fyi, this thread isn't just for you, it's for everyone.

The forum doesn't need a gender lesson - People can utilize this information if they want to, or they can be uninformed. I am putting the choice there for them.

Don't Ask, Don't Tell was made illegal, maybe you didn't hear about that either. Furthermore, most people in this thread are arguing that everyone SHOULD ask and SHOULD tell all of the time, as are many regarding changes they want to see in PSH regarding "Gender Lock".

I am not trying to forcefeed anything - it sounds like you feel threatened and felt a need to complain instead of add to the conversation. Feel free to ignore this thread. The sooner you realize how illogical your comment is, the sooner you can make your way out of the proverbial door so others who care about the topic might actually add some dialogue rather than personal attacks about it.

Thank you for your feedback.
www.tiny.cc/signforhome

-------

If you are part of the 99%, you are automatically a part of the Occupy movement.
Message 34 of 129 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

CathedralDream wrote:
Just fyi, this thread isn't just for you, it's for everyone.

The forum doesn't need a gender lesson - People can utilize this information if they want to, or they can be uninformed. I am putting the choice there for them.

Don't Ask, Don't Tell was made illegal, maybe you didn't hear about that either. Furthermore, most people in this thread are arguing that everyone SHOULD ask and SHOULD tell all of the time, as are many regarding changes they want to see in PSH regarding "Gender Lock".

I am not trying to forcefeed anything - it sounds like you feel threatened and felt a need to complain instead of add to the conversation. Feel free to ignore this thread. The sooner you realize how illogical your comment is, the sooner you can make your way out of the proverbial door so others who care about the topic might actually add some dialogue rather than personal attacks about it.

Thank you for your feedback.

You still sidestepped the question.

Why does this forum need a lesson in gender ?

It's nobodies business either way it goes wouldnt you agree ?

I'm in no way threatened if you wear pants or a skirt because it simply just doesnt matter. I have enough sense also to discern that in reality people don't fly around on broomsticks, or have fire auras either.

I think the point that some have made that youve managed to elude is the deception it has encouraged.

Frankly I don't care one way or another, but I just dont see the driving point of expecting everyone to embrace open deception.

If a guy dresses as a girl or vice versa its THEIR business. And I'm pretty sure sexuality or gender issues do NOT apply to every situation.

Message 35 of 129 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Feb 24, 2013
I did not sidestep anything. I will repeat the part of my answer that answers your new questions:

You may not be offended, but others are, and they react discriminantly and harmfully with that information on playstation home.

People can utilize this information if they want to, or they can be uninformed. I am putting the choice there for them.

There is no deception being encouraged - there is acceptance of someone's gender identity being encouraged, which is they only thing that matters.

Sexuality and gender issues may not apply in every situation, however, in most situations, they are created because of offended parties.
www.tiny.cc/signforhome

-------

Message 36 of 129 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

CathedralDream wrote:
I did not sidestep anything. I will repeat the part of my answer that answers your new questions:

You may not be offended, but others are, and they react discriminantly and harmfully with that information on playstation home.

People can utilize this information if they want to, or they can be uninformed. I am putting the choice there for them.

There is no deception being encouraged - there is acceptance of someone's gender identity being encouraged, which is they only thing that matters.

Sexuality and gender issues may not apply in every situation, however, in most situations, they are created because of offended parties.

Wait...LOL just a minute ago this wasn't for me and I was threatened.

Now...I may not be offended.

Ok, moving on...you state that if people DON'T utilize the information that you have so unselfishly provided then they can remain being UNINFORMED. You merely have GIVEN the forum a choice to become informed or not.

Well thank you, thats mighty generous considering the fact most people really don't care about the avi standing next them or its true sexual gender in the first place... simply because those very same people behind the avatars also have the choice to lie or not to lie about it to begin with.

So assuming why people may decide to become deceptive and lie (which is exactly what you are doing) serves no point here. Home is made up of young impressionable pre teens, teens, young adults and older adults. Before they removed the Activity Boards there were daily posts from guys pretending to be girls in an effort to obtain PSN cards from lonely unsuspecting males. Every 3rd post was a plea for a girlfriend or nude photo's. Many of the people in Home are unsupervised, often lonely and create online personalities for themselves. Ever heard of MTV's Catfish ?

Gender bending in Home is no different from Cosplay to some and whether its accepted or not this is just another niche in large social networks.

I think what has people at arms is the fact that the majority of people pretending to be opposite sexed are attempting to gain from it. This doesnt apply to all, nor does it really matter in the grand scheme of things but an entire post of links and videos is not going to change anything in Home

Message 37 of 129 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 24, 2013
*Deep breath* ... ... DUMB ... ...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 38 of 129 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

Illumin-x, I love how you think that has anything to do with the conversation.

Furthermore, obviously a lot of people have a problem with it, as the reactions to me and my post has shown. Furthermore, this happens in life all of the time, and it's certainly a relevant conversation.

Yes, the choice is for others to be informed or not. You can choose to take all of my posts here personally as though they are just for you and only you, or you can understand that they are for everyone, including those who are far more discriminatory than you. In a way, I'm glad you fail to see the necessity of my posts. It's bittersweet.

www.tiny.cc/signforhome

-------

Message 39 of 129 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

I'm trying to understand why or how this is helping for one.

And secondly how this will bridge the gap between those that knowingly use deceptive practices and those that disagree with it.

Because I've also read the replies and for some reason you assume people are taking it personally when it fact it seems your post itself was for some personal reason. Talk about bittersweet irony

So pardon me if I'm wrong but from what I've read, the concern is about deception and truth, not why is Joe dressing as Jane ? And as I've also stated and read here...most people don't really care and arent walking around in Home like the Spanish inquisition asking random people are they male or female ?

Message 40 of 129 (175 Views)
0 Likes