Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Re: Clarification of Gender Identity (Yes, this is PSH-Related!)

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

@TJF588 

So your saying that in Responce to my Message that People who are Transgender should feel as if they are Different from anyone else, being that they are Above other People... 

They should feel Special, because we are Restricted from asking them any form of Questions... 

That instead, we should be looking up to them? 

Are you saying i'm that we should be Treating them like Gods instead? 

----------------------------------

Because from your Statement, it sounds like thats exactly what your saying... ~_~ 

Why is it so hard to understand when someone would like to know a bit about who they are speaking to, that there has to be a Complaint comming from a whole lotta people about the Situation? 

How can you communicate with anyone, when you have no idea who your speaking to? 

Judging by your Statement, I should just up, & automatically Assume everyone is Transgender for now on, & never ask, & never even bother to talk to them at all, why? Because talking would be rude, ~_~

Next, your going to say that Texting is also just as Rude as Speaking... 

& then your going to say, being in the same room with someone else or the same Planet is Rude... 

I mean, this Topic is just utterly Stupid, ~_~ 

-------------------------------------

I'm not willing to make a complete *** Out of myself, by bowing down & Worshiping a Transgendered Person, of which who someone else feels should be Obligated to it, just because they think I should, it would be an Insult to myself by doing so... ~_~

This is a very good post, GuRu

Too bad it will most likely be ignored by the recreant OP.

If his absence is any indication,  I think the OP is aware of the fact that his laughable views on this subject have been proven wrong and misguided.

Message 111 of 129 (237 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Finally, there are people starting to get the Picture... 

Pointing in yur Directions...

@Conrad_Max

@LightningEmotion 

Thanks for your last two Replies... This I have Kudoed them, !^_^!

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 112 of 129 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

@TJF588 

So your saying that in Responce to my Message that People who are Transgender should feel as if they are Different from anyone else, being that they are Above other People... 

They should feel Special, because we are Restricted from asking them any form of Questions... 

That instead, we should be looking up to them? 

Are you saying i'm that we should be Treating them like Gods instead? 

----------------------------------

Because from your Statement, it sounds like thats exactly what your saying... ~_~ 

Why is it so hard to understand when someone would like to know a bit about who they are speaking to, that there has to be a Complaint comming from a whole lotta people about the Situation? 

How can you communicate with anyone, when you have no idea who your speaking to? 

Judging by your Statement, I should just up, & automatically Assume everyone is Transgender for now on, & never ask, & never even bother to talk to them at all, why? Because talking would be rude, ~_~

Next, your going to say that Texting is also just as Rude as Speaking... 

& then your going to say, being in the same room with someone else or the same Planet is Rude... 

I mean, this Topic is just utterly Stupid, ~_~ 

-------------------------------------

I'm not willing to make a complete *** Out of myself, by bowing down & Worshiping a Transgendered Person, of which who someone else feels should be Obligated to it, just because they think I should, it would be an Insult to myself by doing so... ~_~

I, er, what? I'm not even sure what to say. I will concede, it's disingenuine to claim you are, IRL, something you're not, but only if you act to the detriment of the group you're identifying with. Heck, my jimmies get rustled as a guy seeing all these digital badass wannabes acting worse than Johnny Bravo.

But the cut and dry truth -- no one else on a pedistal or under protection -- is that anyone can lie, and they never owe you the truth. Whether or not you can bring yourself to believe your fellow Homelings is your call alone, along with any personal betrayals and deceptions that come with it.

(@ANNO-DOMlNl - I didn't mean anything about the "what" of your posts, but the "how" [your posts look]. If you type with capital letters at the start of sentences, and punctuation at the end, and make them more readable, it's much easier to communicate. I'm unecessarily wordy, but I hope it's at least easy to read, if anyone cares to sit through my posts.)

Message 113 of 129 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Feb 28, 2013

What I find funny is how Moderators will close threads at their sole discretion by saying this thread has ran its course. But this entire thread has done nothing but establish a one sided argument from the OP, and attempt to force politically correct statements from people regardless of how they may or may not feel.

SMH

Message 114 of 129 (180 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 28, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

What I find funny is how Moderators will close threads at their sole discretion by saying this thread has ran its course. But this entire thread has done nothing but establish a one sided argument from the OP, and attempt to force politically correct statements from people regardless of how they may or may not feel.

SMH

a bit like the government LOL

Message 115 of 129 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

Feb 28, 2013
:^/ Well, before the thread is locked due to the discussion being concluded, a few final thoughts:

Most of the time, folks belong to one of two camps. In the first, one's sex is determined by one's anatomy. One's DNA. If the doctor announces at your birth "congratulations, it's a boy," then you're male. Likewise, you were pronounced a girl, you're female. It's what those words mean.

The other camp says "but that's so arbitrary. Shouldn't we go by personality? By what an individual likes to do, and how one behaves?" This thought has merit. Under it, one can be described as "a woman, trapped in a man's body." A boy who likes to pick flowers and bake cookies could be thought of as a girl instead.

The first camp argues "no, he's not a girl, he's just a boy who likes flowers and baking."

Each side has its points.

However, CathedralDreams created this thread to argue that both camps are wrong, and that sex should be assigned neither by anatomy, nor by personality, but only by each individual's personal choice of pronoun for reference. He feels that society should categorize him as female, only because he wants to be called that.

:^/ The trouble with that philosophy is that it goes beyond the matter of sexual identity, it's a matter of the English language itself. His philosophy would take the words "male," "female," "masculine" and "feminine," etc. and both leave them with nothing to mean, and also leave no alternative words to represent those meanings. His opposition would be left no language with which to articulate their views. This is an ad hominem prohibitum argument.

A further trouble is that if we accept that dilution of the language for matters of sexual identity, it would be equally appropriate to accept that dilution for every descriptive term. So, one's age would be equally subjective. "Young at heart" wouldn't be just a phrase anymore. One would be free to further claim any sex, age, weight, height, skin/hair/eye color, profession, education, family, etc. One could claim to be the spitting image of Shirley Temple, when in fact he resembles Mr. Bojangles more closely.

:^/ People can already lie about anything, but what CathedralDreams wants is to change the rules so that it doesn't count as a lie anymore, but counts as the truth, instead, just because he honestly felt that way at the time he made the claim.
Message 116 of 129 (135 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 28, 2013
deeeep lol i got a question then why would someone wanna change the rules so bad so that lies arent lies any more
Message 117 of 129 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3410 posts

Feb 28, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

SMH

I found this thread to be rather interesting!! But yea, Moderators can just press the happy "lock" button and be done with it, they really don't have to have an excuse for it, so I be they just pulled out "this thread has ran its course" out of a wooden box. Smiley Tongue

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 118 of 129 (122 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Your right, they aren't obligated to tell me anything... So maybe if thats the case, maybe the best thing to do is, just not speak to them at all, & just walk away... 

Thats fine with me, they stay Quiet, & I stay away, we all win, ^_^

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 119 of 129 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Feb 28, 2013

I had no idea that pixels have gender. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Not sure I want to learn where baby pixels come from.   Smiley Frustrated

Message 120 of 129 (94 Views)
0 Likes