Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Re: Clarification of Gender Identity (Yes, this is PSH-Related!)

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

@TJF

Im not going to quote your characteristically TL;DR posts.

But, tell me what's wrong with me assuming almost every female avatar in Home is male (at least, upon first meeting)? lol

If anything, you can take the majority of the forum users in this thread to reinforce my statement of people casually using the opposite gender.

And fyi, I don't take home seriously which is why i assume most females are male right off the bat.

haha

I dont ask what gender people are in Home. But if someone takes the initative to claim to be an actual female avatar...they should sort of know what to expect.

Also.. speaking of expectations..

you say "but the only significant reason to care as much as you seem to is if there's any expectation of interactions that bring sexual preferences into play" . You failed to mention the expectations or intentions of the avatar that actually claims to be female. If you say that the only significant reason for someone to inquire about another's gender is because of some "expectation of sexual interactions" (..omg , i cant believe this is going there.. ), then why else would an female avatar on PS Home be quick to actually claim their are female and be so adamant about actually being female?

Wouldnt that make them "bringing the pain on to themselves" ?

Like I said, I never ask anyone if they are actually female. Without provocation, these "female" avatars attempt to convince me (and other people) that they are female entirely under their own volition. So according to you, these female avatars are actually the ones looking for "interactions that bring sexual preferences into play", right?...

lol.

(Assuming a female avatar is male is actually also a way of just disregarding their claims, ignoring them and also not taking home seriously)

Because I don't wanna mess with HTMLing horizontal rules up in this mess...

1. Thanks for reading.
  2. I don't think I've outright said it's wrong to just assume everyone male. Reading between the lines, I see it as your way of just making everyone "one of the guys". Heck, I'll read another's text as someone like myself unless I know anything otherwise.
  3. From about midway into your post, we come to one of the more offensive things I've read from you. Actually, let's pop out of the list for this...

So it should be expected that females' avatars are to be hit on. Status quo, lay of the land, why God intended. That for female to just be female is to endure such treatment, and if they'd rather not, they should either hid behind a male avatar or, as you decry, lie about their gender when interrogated by those who they, as standard, attract?

Good. Grieving. Gods.

Way you phrase it, someone being obnoxious about affirming their gender identity are essentially hookers. Regardless of why they're inclined to shout their femininity from the hilltops, it's automatically an invite to check out their IRL goods? Even if they NEVER state they're interested in getting jiggy?

Oy vey... I'd love, LOVE, if guys had as much digital dry-humping going their way from uncivilized, crazed ladyfolk, just to understand what it's like to expect that treatment from the "community".

I'm prolly gonna be called on on some charge of hypocrisy. So to save face (maybe), I'll say:  It's fine to be sure of one's gender, whatever it may be. It's fine to state it, and even in bounds to spout it repeatedly, however annoying it is. But it should never be fine to assume that such actions carry the intent for sexual interactions.

To pull a couple situations out of fiction, let's bring up Disney's Fa Mulan (because I'm no history buff) and Faris Scherwiz. Both are women. Both are sure they're women, but go about as men for one reason or another (Mulan for the military, Faris as a hardened pirate; for the latter, I don't think she outright stated a gender, but did attempt to keep her womanhood concealed). Both were later found out to be women. And what did their male compatriots do? Start mackin' on them? No. Despite the former's short end of the gender bias stick, they were treated just about the same as before, far as sexuality was concerned. I know that's a bit backwards to the scenario we're discussing (being really open about it), but either way, revealing an actual, living lady (or "similar") among our sausage fest should not be met with call offers. Just because we have genders does not mean we're out to excercise our sexes, no matter who or "what".

...I feel I've lost my focus. I really am getting into rant-mode. But good GRIEF, this is appalling.

I do share similar feelings with Kinney1 about the female avatar clothing being released for the past...however very long. I look at the guys' stuff, and it typically covers everything. But the female equivalents of any of that jazz have as many omissions as possible to still look recognizable and within censorship standards. I've actually felt best about any male stuff that's as skimpy as their female counterparts, like those speedos from the winter events. It just goes to show that it's all been ridiculous, and it takes seeing that on the typically coated male avatars to get the point across.

</rants>

EDIT: Wow, a few posts just while I was venting all the above out. (And, as it turns, the post I've quoted has now been edited.) DCS-Tekken has what causes me to facepalm (well, exasperatedly sigh) about it all. Just immediately, "Wow, hot avatar, surely whoever's playing it is hawt as well!" Heck, I don't even see mine and my sister's avatars as particularly provocative, and yet...

Message 101 of 129 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

"u mad, bro?"

is what i want to say right now.

But what i really want is for the rest of the Forum to see your final reaction.

This thread is over.

It needs to be closed.

Good day.

Message 102 of 129 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Feb 27, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

u mad, bro?

Yup.

*considers placing a LotR "I am no bro!" macro here*

Message 103 of 129 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 27, 2013

listen. i am not going to judge, lecture, council, nor preach on here. i'm going to simply state it this way. i am a male. born a male. and love the opposite sex. true this isnt date dot com network. but i advise, if you are a female avatar, and born a female from birth, by all means add me. however, if you are a guy being a female avatar, please do not kid yourself or me, or waste my time or yours by adding me. it can be viewed as harassment and offensive. please stay out my way and off my list and i will show respect as well. i have no problem telling anyone straight up at the door where i stand. it saves the drama, headaches, and confusion. have a good day everyone. ps... i stted this in general and haven't touched on all factors. there are many pranksters i delete and block them. i have met many nice people on here. respect yourselves and each other. good day.

Message 104 of 129 (163 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 27, 2013

thank you tsunamicdragon. i totally agree. couldn't have been stated any better.

Message 105 of 129 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

TsunamicDragon wrote:

listen. i am not going to judge, lecture, council, nor preach on here. i'm going to simply state it this way. i am a male. born a male. and love the opposite sex. true this isnt date dot com network. but i advise, if you are a female avatar, and born a female from birth, by all means add me. however, if you are a guy being a female avatar, please do not kid yourself or me, or waste my time or yours by adding me. it can be viewed as harassment and offensive. please stay out my way and off my list and i will show respect as well. i have no problem telling anyone straight up at the door where i stand. it saves the drama, headaches, and confusion. have a good day everyone. ps... i stted this in general and haven't touched on all factors. there are many pranksters i delete and block them. i have met many nice people on here. respect yourselves and each other. good day.

Well said.

Although I do find it a "little strange" that two different accounts with similiar typing styles and both created on the same day with 1 post each are posting in succession on the same topic.

lol..

Message 106 of 129 (152 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 27, 2013

It seems to me that the OP is using some rather elaborate logic to defend lying. To that, I'll say this:

Any relationship built on a lie is a lie.

If you're transgender, transsexual, transspecies or trans-am, just come out and tell people. If you're comfortable and confident in yourself, you shouldn't have a problem with it. If other people are uncomfortable with it, that's on them.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 107 of 129 (139 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 27, 2013
TFJ you made a great post thank you for answering me but i think you're being unfair about my typing. Because YOU (think you) type well, because YOU find it easy and YOU can't be bothered to read what I say don't make ME an idiot or lazy. Everybody's different yo and my skills are not in that area I'm better than you in different ways and you're better than me at typing have a medal

Heart got it right lies are lies playin victim or using a term to justify it total wrong man no excuse. Othet than that yea thread's lookin done now like it run a triathlon
Message 108 of 129 (132 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

Feb 27, 2013

@TJF588 

So your saying that in Responce to my Message that People who are Transgender should feel as if they are Different from anyone else, being that they are Above other People... 

They should feel Special, because we are Restricted from asking them any form of Questions... 

That instead, we should be looking up to them? 

Are you saying i'm that we should be Treating them like Gods instead? 

----------------------------------

Because from your Statement, it sounds like thats exactly what your saying... ~_~ 

Why is it so hard to understand when someone would like to know a bit about who they are speaking to, that there has to be a Complaint comming from a whole lotta people about the Situation? 

How can you communicate with anyone, when you have no idea who your speaking to? 

Judging by your Statement, I should just up, & automatically Assume everyone is Transgender for now on, & never ask, & never even bother to talk to them at all, why? Because talking would be rude, ~_~

Next, your going to say that Texting is also just as Rude as Speaking... 

& then your going to say, being in the same room with someone else or the same Planet is Rude... 

I mean, this Topic is just utterly Stupid, ~_~ 

-------------------------------------

I'm not willing to make a complete *** Out of myself, by bowing down & Worshiping a Transgendered Person, of which who someone else feels should be Obligated to it, just because they think I should, it would be an Insult to myself by doing so... ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 109 of 129 (119 Views)
VP of Gaming
29221 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Anyone can ask me if I am Straight or Gay, male or female, younger or older, white, black, red, yellow or striped. I don't really care. It will be up to me to determine if I answer them and how. 

I am still amazed at how long this discussion has been going on. If we are honest and good people, we should not have any problem whether others share or not.

The only issues I see here are:

1) Fear of being ripped off by a scammer. The solution, be more careful, know the signs and be proactive and report.

2) Fear of people who are different. Prejudice. The solution is either to avoid public areas or places where people gather, or to interact in a respectful manner and come to understand, and perhaps know, the other person/people. In doing this, we might make a new friends.

3) It's all a personal choice on how we act, react or if we choose to stand still and wait...

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 110 of 129 (113 Views)