Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Re: Clarification of Gender Identity (Yes, this is PSH-Related!)

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

I still didnt hear a reason that links the idea of "not wanting to be made a fool of" with "being a pervert".

But I guess thats the law of the land of here.

So if someone claims to own a private beach in the Phillipines,  claimed their grandfather was a German official during WW2, claimed to have studied at Harvard with Barack Obama as their professor, practicing parkour and free-running in their spare time, being filthy rich and owning about half a dozen Audis, claiming to know a martial arts technique that can "stop someone's heartbeat with the flick of a wrist" (all of these were actual claims by a single person that I've met in Home, btw...a person who uses Home regularly and often) with absolutely nothing to prove or verify any of this..

I guess the proper choice of action is to simply accept what they are saying as truth lest you want to appear like a jealous snob.

GG.

Thanks

Message 81 of 129 (261 Views)
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

I guess the proper choice of action is to simply accept what they are saying as truth lest you want to appear like a jealous snob.

Or just brush 'em off. I'm sure plenty of people are trying to practice with you. I mean, you're worried about being made a fool in a two-person intermingling, and yet post what you have in a public forum.

Message 82 of 129 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

TJF588 wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:

Or just brush 'em off. I'm sure plenty of people are trying to practice with you. I mean, you're worried about being made a fool in a two-person intermingling, and yet post what you have in a public forum.

I noticed that you only responded to one sentence of my post, but I understand that some people with limited logical reasoning must chop up queries into bite-size pieces so they are easier to respond to ..(not to mention they can also distort the intended meaning of said query by only replying to one part of a greater message).

Anyway, to respond to your straw-man arguement, ..wouldnt "brushing them off" be nearly the same as coming to the conclusion that they are lying?

EDIT: Still waiting for the reasonable explanation linking the idea of a person not wanting to be deceived/lied to with being a .."pervert"..lol

Message 83 of 129 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Feb 25, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

TJF588 wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:

I noticed that you only responded to one sentence of my post, but I understand that some people with limited logical reasoning must chop up queries into bite-size pieces so they are easier to respond to ..(not to mention they can also distort the intended meaning of said query by only replying to one part of a greater message).

Anyways, to respond to your straw-man arguement, ..wouldnt "brushing them off" be nearly the same as coming to the conclusion that they are lying?

i have to agree with you . i told i think a ps mod  once when they could talk  in the open on ps hme to do such things. make it  gender locked. but    it will nevr happen.. becuase it free will game with rules

Sad but try true . if someone to act like a girlly and dress as one then let them.. It called free will.. Alot dontu nderstand ps home is what you make it for,  some people date on ps home, meet and hook up and  some have actually gotten married, started families from ps home.

If  a gf is living in cali and the  bf becuase of college  in ny  pshome might the best way for them to socialize. same thing for family memebr , friends. .. I 100% agree with  what your saying inthese circumstances of intrest.. but same time it wont happen.

Nothing wrong with your logic becuase your way of ps home play is  different for  your  enjoyment.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 84 of 129 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Feb 25, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

TJF588 wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:

Anyway, to respond to your straw-man arguement, ..wouldnt "brushing them off" be nearly the same as coming to the conclusion that they are lying?

EDIT: Still waiting for the reasonable explanation linking the idea of a person not wanting to be deceived/lied to with being a .."pervert"..lol

Who spit in your coffee? Smiley Wink

Like I've said before, you can question what they tell you all you want, but only they have the choice whether to prove it or not. If someone wants to open up to you they will. If they're straight up trying to decieve you, you have the option of never contacting them again. Maybe try using your common sense at times? Smiley Frustrated errr life is so hard!

This is my signature. This is a ninja QK
Message 85 of 129 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

From what I gathered out of this thread I'll surmize that

1. People are wanting other people to be forward about their personal information.

2. The above is being wanted so people can have online dates.

3. The above is being wanted so people can prevent their kids from falling prey to others online.

Well quite frankly with #1 that is just nuts to even give considering the high rate of identity theft.

As far as #2 I just assume that the choice of avatar is a game character.  Treat it as such.

In regards to #3 if your kid is playing in such a game than as a parent it's your responsibility to talk about such matters and monitor your kids activities.  Stop putting the responsibility for your lack of parenting on the shoulders of everyone else.

Message 86 of 129 (155 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

Diashie i'd monitor my kids anyway its not sony's job to babysit or be the cops and i wasnt implying as such i was jus sayin you shouldnt defend what these people do when stuff like that happens that's the same as the they had it coming mentality

not only that not every parent is gonna be in the room 24-7 and what parent is goin to monitor a 15 or 16 year old like that all the time youre obviously not speakin as a parent yourself

i wasnt tryin to pass any blame here just tryin to say that other people shouldnt get NO BLAME for the bad things they do just cause they have this cisgender identity thing they feel is part of their makeup its no better than the rapist playing the victim

i dont think any of us need to know what parts our friends got online but when its them doin the maccing and not us i dont think its fair to label everyone a pervert for wanting to know who and what is trying it on. a lot of dudes do this to women and ohhh its OKAY for women to worry about it but not guys cos if guys worry about it theyre pervs?

Message 87 of 129 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Boonnizzle wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:

TJF588 wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:

Who spit in your coffee? Smiley Wink

Like I've said before, you can question what they tell you all you want, but only they have the choice whether to prove it or not. If someone wants to open up to you they will. If they're straight up trying to decieve you, you have the option of never contacting them again. Maybe try using your common sense at times? Smiley Frustrated errr life is so hard!

Since you think you are so smart reiterating my apathetic reply to a straw man arguement, perhaps you could answer my original question which everyone here seems to be avoiding for some strange reason:

Still waiting for the reasonable explanation linking the idea of a person not wanting to be deceived/lied to with being a .."pervert"..lol

To be honest, this thread is nearly finished .. I just want to hear one more non-sensical reply to that last question so I can laugh and be done with this.

I'm also tired of straw-men arguements and different "interpretations" of my questions -_-... Either give me an answer as to why I should believe that a person who suspects another person of lying about their gender should be labeled a "pervert". Its a common fact that many people who use female avatars are men. So, how does vocalizing that fact make someone a "pervert" ?

But I already know the answer anyway.

It doesnt. Simple as that.

Was I jealous when I was skeptical of a person claiming to  have Barack Obama as a college professor , owning a private beach and knowing an IRL "one-hit kill" martial arts move, or was I just simply not gullible?

Merely talking about a person's gender doesn't equate anything "perverted" , nor does it equate some idea like "they want to have an online relationship" with that person.

**ahem**

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy

Lol..

Message 88 of 129 (130 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 25, 2013
You won't get your answer bro. This topic is like a dice it got 6 sides and cos nobody can't see the number on the bottom when it's rolled they act like it don't exist and when you try and point it out they say it don't matter cos only the number on the top matters. I'm done here cause of that.

Typed like this specially for you Lightening lol it's fraggin exhausting.
Message 89 of 129 (126 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

True that , man.

And these are the people who claim that we are the "close-minded ones"..

..lol

Message 90 of 129 (108 Views)