Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Re: Chess Rules?

Jul 24, 2009
anotherpoint an is the main point is that you can onyly promot the pond "if" you lost one of the pieces
Message 11 of 20 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3671 posts

Jul 24, 2009

YomikoKureha wrote:
ok so i spelled it wrong its "opponant" meaning its the person your playing agianst.. it still sound the same my point is that in real chess (not electronic chess) you cannot have 2 queens of the same color on the playing fiels an i know so cause i play chess evry week . tell me this can you get another queen in reality chess with the pices you have ? no you can not =.=

It is actually spelled opponent Smiley Very Happy  Sorry for being a spell checker. lol

PhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Long Live the Underground ~ PSU: Eric1018 ~
Message 12 of 20 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jul 24, 2009
it still sounds the same XD an ty for it i wasnt sure if it was spelled with an "e" or "a" but you get the point dont you ?
Message 13 of 20 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Jul 24, 2009

It can still be a queen.

Looked it up in Wikipedia.

アメリカのホームは本当にガッカリですね。まぁ、それも仕方ありませんね、無能の連中がたくさんいますから。

Get your Portable ID!
Message 14 of 20 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Jul 24, 2009

It's not a rule in chess, no.

However, some places and some people make it a rule to make things easier in such cases as what you said: you only have one set of game pieces. Therefore they make the rule (for that personal game), that you can only resurrect a dead piece. Otherwise what would they use to represent that piece.

However, it's not a real rule of Chess. It's kinda like having a rule about who gets white and black (some put it in each hand and have a person guess a hand. That's not a rule, it's just something done by certain people).

Also, Jun, wikipedia is far from a reliable source Lol

And to the  OP (Can't remember your name, sorry), not making fun of how you spell anything, but since I think you sincerely aren't sure how to spell it (like with opponent), the small pieces are called "Pawns."

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 15 of 20 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Jul 24, 2009

Reverend_M wrote:

However, some places and some people make it a rule to make things easier in such cases as what you said: you only have one set of game pieces. Therefore they make the rule (for that personal game), that you can only resurrect a dead piece. Otherwise what would they use to represent that piece.

However, it's not a real rule of Chess. It's kinda like having a rule about who gets white and black (some put it in each hand and have a person guess a hand. That's not a rule, it's just something done by certain people).

And to the  OP (Can't remember your name, sorry), not making fun of how you spell anything, but since I think you sincerely aren't sure how to spell it (like with opponent), the small pieces are called "Pawns."

Ok, this should make you guys happier.

Linked from FIDE (World Chess Federation)

http://www.fide.com/component/handbook/?id=124&view=article

アメリカのホームは本当にガッカリですね。まぁ、それも仕方ありませんね、無能の連中がたくさんいますから。

Get your Portable ID!
Message 16 of 20 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Jul 24, 2009

Reverend_M wrote:

Exactly, Home decides the rules for each game.  That's actually what I like about online chess games and such, being a noob if I try to do a wrong move, I cant, rather than doing it and getting in an argument with whoever I'm playing with over the rules, haha.  But it'd be helpful to have the rules posted, along with other games like poker.  

Ryebread01: Whole grain, high in fiber, and great with fish and a side of lemon

Get your Portable ID!
Message 17 of 20 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Jul 24, 2009

JunKB4U wrote:

Reverend_M wrote:

Ok, this should make you guys happier.

Linked from FIDE (World Chess Federation)

http://www.fide.com/component/handbook/?id=124&view=article

3.7 e

When a pawn reaches the rank furthest from its starting position it must be exchanged as part of the same move on the same square for a new queen, rook, bishop or knight of the same colour. The player’s choice is not restricted to pieces that have been captured previously. This exchange of a pawn for another piece is called ‘promotion’ and the effect of the new piece is immediate.
To help those who may not find it
"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 18 of 20 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Jul 25, 2009
if u are good enough, u can get up to nine queens on the board in any given game. if whoever put the chess minigame in HOME knew anything about chess, they would know about the official rules of chess and applied them
Message 19 of 20 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4357 posts

Jul 27, 2009

YomikoKureha wrote:
ok so i spelled it wrong its "opponant" meaning its the person your playing agianst.. it still sound the same my point is that in real chess (not electronic chess) you cannot have 2 queens of the same color on the playing fiels an i know so cause i play chess evry week . tell me this can you get another queen in reality chess with the pices you have ? no you can not =.=

Again, there is no such rule in Chess. 

Message 20 of 20 (13 Views)
0 Likes