Jul 04 2013
By: AbysmalDawna Fender Bender 2003 posts

Charcoal Champ Nausea

46 replies 665 views Edited Jul 4, 2013

As a Vegan this game makes me sick.  To be assaulted by the dead ribcage of some poor animal while I came to Pier Park for 4th of July rewards is totally insensitive and perhaps bordering on sadism.  Not only that but the rib is a horrible color with sickening bbq sauce and it is totally gross.  Plus it followed me around until I finally ran from it.  Also my pet cat whom I have had for 15 years is named Champ and this upset me so much that I had a dream that somehow I was in china and people had kidnapped my cat and were roasting  him on a spit after they shaved off his beautiful hair.  

Please in the future if there is an offensive game like this, allow us to make it disappear like we can with other people's companions.

Message 1 of 47 (665 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Re: Charcoal Champ Nausea

Jul 4, 2013
Sorry if you felt offended that is not the intention of Sony but others may disagree with you....I love the game and the rewards that come with it....it's just a game and is not meant to be taken seriously...
Message 2 of 47 (656 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jul 4, 2013

The day BBQ does not go hand in hand with outdoor celebrations is the day meat ceases to exist entirely.

Saying it's offensive is like saying air is poisonous. :/

...and not even 3D, but 2D drawings of air.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 3 of 47 (653 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Maybe we can barbecue Tofu next year.

Message 4 of 47 (651 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jul 4, 2013
You love to stir the pot dont you. You may be in the minority though unfortuneately. Most humans through out history quite enjoy and have enjoyed barbequing meats and have been doing so for oh, well, since the discovery/invention of fire Smiley Very Happy
Support Forums
Message 5 of 47 (640 Views)
Sackboy
390 posts

Jul 4, 2013

My sister is a vegatarian and she really didn't take any offense to the game. Sorry you are offended by this, but it isn't meant to be taken seriously especially considering this is just a promotion of the cliched standards most Americans exhibit during outdoor parties and activites, not all mind you, but most.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f38914749fa0b69a8d41c0f37d859f74/tumblr_min7sltbuj1rzraxgo1_500.gif
Message 6 of 47 (621 Views)
Monster Hunter
15 posts

Jul 4, 2013
I can respect the fact that you choose not to eat meat, that's your choice. You're post however was utterly RIDICULOUS. You need to stop playing video games and go outside or something. If that bothered you so much I can only imagine what you think of grocery stores. Now I'm going to go finish seasoning the steak tips I have marinating in brown sugar, bourbon, and a a bit of sea salt and garlic powder.

HAPPY BBQ EVERYONE ! Have a safe and happy holiday.
Message 7 of 47 (619 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jul 4, 2013

I don't care that you're vegan, but come on, it's not even real! What's real is, the fact that I'll be grilling some chicken, pork, and beef this weekend, along with a mix of fruits and veggies. Shish kabobs ftw!

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 8 of 47 (600 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Jul 4, 2013
This is just plain silly.
If you're a vegetarian then that's fine. But to take such offense to a harmless mini game is beyond ridiculous.
Once again, you are overdramatizing and making something out of nothing.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 47 (587 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Jul 4, 2013
*No animals were harmed in the making of this game.

Message 10 of 47 (509 Views)