Aug 10 2012
By: CameraCat Hekseville Citizen 286 posts

Celebrities In Home

15 replies 429 views Edited Aug 10, 2012

There was a recent thread about a teen celebrity who reportedly is a Home user and even confirmed it herself via another other social media platform. I'm not going to re-post the information because that's not my point. I will say, however, that I believe there are likely many celebrities who use Home because... why wouldn't they? They are, in fact, human beings. Home is probably an excellent way for someone who has a high public profile to go incognito and just be themselves, so I think it would make sense.

Also, musicians in particular probably love Home. I have met a few touring artists, and MANY spend a lot of their off hours (and loooong boring hours trapped in a cramped tour bus) playing video games. I mean, think of it: how would you spend your time shuttling between tour buses, flights, and hotel rooms, especially when you don't have your friends and loved ones around you on a regular basis? Home would be an excellent way to stay in touch and have fun, and since it's there for anybody with a PS3, I'm sure lots of well-known musicians (and their bands, and crew) do.

And just in case anyone thinks that somehow being well-known inoculates you from having human feelings... take a look at this great segment from Jimmy Kimmel (it's focused on Twitter, but it should apply equally well to Home, and certainly to this forum!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcmz74AaXHs&feature=player_embedded

Message 1 of 16 (429 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: Celebrities In Home

Aug 10, 2012
Ooh, actually i went to someone in club, clubhouse not long ago.. It was a salon to get yer nails done, get yer hair did, and get yer groove on. But to top off the fabulous grand opening of salon our girl had a host of a popular cable music channel.. Whom had promised apparently the appearance of a well known rapper.. Yes the party was the shizzzzz.. And yes the dj tore the house down, i got my hair did.. And broke my bboy out for the remainder of the night as i waited for that rapper.. Unfortunately he never made it.. Eitherway, yea they on home!
- Restless Dreams.
Message 2 of 16 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
837 posts

Aug 11, 2012
LOL
Message 3 of 16 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Aug 11, 2012
My brain hurts Smiley Sad.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 4 of 16 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Aug 11, 2012

well i'm on t.v. 2 nights a week but i'm not a celeberty but i have met alot of them

Message 5 of 16 (325 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4533 posts

Aug 11, 2012

lmao I agree with the Justin Bieber one @ the end of that vid

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 6 of 16 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Aug 11, 2012

CameraCat wrote:

There was a recent thread about a teen celebrity who reportedly is a Home user and even confirmed it herself via another other social media platform. I'm not going to re-post the information because that's not my point. I will say, however, that I believe there are likely many celebrities who use Home because... why wouldn't they? They are, in fact, human beings. Home is probably an excellent way for someone who has a high public profile to go incognito and just be themselves, so I think it would make sense.

Also, musicians in particular probably love Home. I have met a few touring artists, and MANY spend a lot of their off hours (and loooong boring hours trapped in a cramped tour bus) playing video games. I mean, think of it: how would you spend your time shuttling between tour buses, flights, and hotel rooms, especially when you don't have your friends and loved ones around you on a regular basis? Home would be an excellent way to stay in touch and have fun, and since it's there for anybody with a PS3, I'm sure lots of well-known musicians (and their bands, and crew) do.

And just in case anyone thinks that somehow being well-known inoculates you from having human feelings... take a look at this great segment from Jimmy Kimmel (it's focused on Twitter, but it should apply equally well to Home, and certainly to this forum!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcmz74AaXHs&feature=player_embedded

They spend their free time getting drunk and high, and trashing hotel rooms. You think a rock star is going to play PS Home when they have groupies on each arm? LOL

Message 7 of 16 (306 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

I think the top celebs in Home have lots of Kudos Smiley Tongue

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 8 of 16 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

Aug 11, 2012
I'm around celebrities in home.. However, we roll on a, cool buddies flex.. $ , ¥ , £ , can not purchase extra time in this realm..
THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 9 of 16 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Aug 11, 2012

artform-fazeone wrote:
I'm around celebrities in home.. However, we roll on a, cool buddies flex.. $ , ¥ , £ , can not purchase extra time in this realm..

Home celebrities, or real life celebrities?

I don't consider normal Home users celebrities, they're either rolemodels for the community or not.

Message 10 of 16 (247 Views)