Oct 16 2013
By: RegPoster I Only Post Everything 832 posts

Candle in skull. (VEEMEE)

7 replies 455 views Edited Oct 16, 2013
So I recently purchased this bundle and it's great and all, price and items are totally awesome! but I'm really bothered by the candle in skull item. It's an awesome ornament but it's under the lights category and it's anything but.
Did this escape development or did we simply misplace this item into the wrong category..? I doubt it was misplaced. I got super excited once I saw this item to place out but when I approached it to turn it on it didn't have that option and now I'm stuck with an awesome ornament that really should be a light.
This really frustrates me and also that it's using up a light slot and there's only so little of em..
Sorry but I'm not settling for this. Fix this pronto as this item should be. A light item and be able to illuminate a good amount of light source around it. I'm expecting a quick fix because Halloween is right around the corner and this item better be what it's categorized as and should have been. Definitely don't want to be stuck with an awesome item only to bury it and never use it again because it's useless as an ornament that's gonna take up me our for light source.
And while we're at it veemee.. Can we update the aquarium to the go fish tropical island reward.. So that it doesn't use up the old 22 slots for all actives.
U guys dropped the ball like ndreams dropped the space for these items..
Fix it. ASAP!
Message 1 of 8 (455 Views)
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Re: Candle in skull. (VEEMEE)

Oct 16, 2013
Another item they totally misrepresented in the description. Im shocked.....

Not!
Message 2 of 8 (424 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Oct 17, 2013

RegPoster wrote:

This really frustrates me and also that it's using up a light slot and there's only so little of em..
Sorry but I'm not settling for this. Fix this pronto as this item should be. A light item and be able to illuminate a good amount of light source around it. 

What do you mean by using up a light slot and there's only so little of em????

The light category has the same number of slots as the Ornament category - not only that, but frankly all items (with or without an option to "turn them on" should in fact be placed in the Light category, as the Ornament category has way to many different items as it is.

In fact, there are many "Light" items that do not have a on or off option, just as there are many "Light" items with on on/off option that even when on do not add much light even close to that item - which if anything is what should be improved.... But placing items that have light but do not have the on/off option in the Ornaments category is a VERY bad idea, especially considering how disorganized and unwieldy the Ornament category is.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 3 of 8 (345 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
778 posts

Oct 17, 2013

you can only place 7 or 8 light items in a space . 100 ornaments 

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Message 4 of 8 (261 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 17, 2013
Yes and this item will take up one of those 8 light items. It should turn on bottom line if it is to categorized as such. Another reason why I think 'Q&A' is non existant. Nobody caught this before release?
Support Forums
Message 5 of 8 (240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 18, 2013

You can only place 8 lights in a space, correct.

But this doesnt use one of the spaces becasue you cant turn it on an off. Try putting 9 in your apartment and you will see!

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8 (183 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Oct 18, 2013
I had no idea you could only use 8 light items in a space. Thanks forr the info!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 8 (166 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Desfait wrote:

You can only place 8 lights in a space, correct.

But this doesnt use one of the spaces becasue you cant turn it on an off. Try putting 9 in your apartment and you will see!

Smiley Happy

Exactly.

Besides, the Ornament category is a catchall and thus clogged full of misc items, so if anything all items with the theme of being a light should not be in Ornaments, but should be in Lights.

And for those upset that there is no on/off option for this item, the vast majority of on/off light items hardly make any difference whether they are on or off, so if anything it's better that it doesn't have the on/off option so for those that want to place many of them in a haunted themed space, they aren't limited to how many they can use and aren't using any of the on/off slots.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 8 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes