Fender Bender
2280 posts

Re: Canada Day in Pier Park - New Reward

Jul 1, 2013

beneloben wrote:

Hmmm,did this happen to anyone else? I went to Pier Park, played the fireworks game again, got AA and it said I won the goggles ... problem is I never got the prompt saying I received anything, and nothing appeared in wardrobe

Oh, and thanks for that heads-up Best Smiley Happy

Same happened to me so I played the game again real quick and got the reward on my 2nd try. Not sure if the same will work for you, but it's worth a try.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 11 of 31 (420 Views)
PlayStation MVP
33791 posts

Jul 1, 2013

we get a USA themed award for Canada Day? neat. Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 31 (414 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

beneloben wrote:

Hmmm,did this happen to anyone else? I went to Pier Park, played the fireworks game again, got AA and it said I won the goggles ... problem is I never got the prompt saying I received anything, and nothing appeared in wardrobe

Oh, and thanks for that heads-up Best Smiley Happy

I got B, and played the game twice to get the goggles for both genders since they usually get rewarded at the same time.

I can't help, but notice that when you wear the goggles, you looked like  Riddick or Mr. Freeze.

Message 13 of 31 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1117 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

That's funny I thought our flag is red and white???  Maybe the flag pole is blue.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 31 (367 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2119 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

I played early today and just hopped on again and they're not there...  How do I get them?
Edit - Just happened to be delayed.  Sign-out, sign-in.  Odd since it wasn't appearing on the rewards after the game.

Check this out if you're on a Vita.
Message 15 of 31 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Jul 2, 2013
How long do the goggles remain available, at Pier Park?

As I recall, last year...the Canada Day reward was only available just for one day - Canada Day. After that day had expired, the reward was pulled.

Also, as I remember...you could set the time and date (or time zone) forward on your PS3 and get the reward BEFORE it actually went live. Surprised noone tried this...
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 16 of 31 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
568 posts

Jul 2, 2013
There are boxes or fireworks floating around the space, I collected maybe 10 nothing seemed to happen. Does anyone know what they are for?
Message 17 of 31 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
582 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

Ahem... someone at Home needs to read their history books. We Canadians are not PATRIOTS. We are LOYALISTS.

Given this is pretty much a USA reward I wonder if these goggles won't come back again as a reward for July 4th. I missed them on my main account (what a tragedy), since they've already been pulled.

Message 18 of 31 (262 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

Someone else needs to read their history books

I'm Canadian and I am NOT a loyalist ... that's for the Canadians with British history ... I am French, and like all French Canadians, NOT LOYALISTS Smiley Mad

And for the record, I went back and played the game again and still no goggles ... on a side-note, I reached 110 in Aurora and no reward there either ... weird couple of days, reward-wise Smiley Sad

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 19 of 31 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Jul 2, 2013

National Patriots’ Day (Journée nationale des patriotes) is celebrated across Québec to commemorate democracy and patriotic struggles for freedom from the British rule during 1837–1838.

Which means, there are many PATRIOTS in Canada ... I am not from Quebec, I am Acadian http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acadia and in our struggle against the British or as soldiers in the American Revolution, we we're called PATRIOTS.

We are also the ancestors of the Louisiana Cajuns.

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 20 of 31 (194 Views)
0 Likes