Fender Bender
2961 posts

Re: Can we have our money back from Evil Tree?

Apr 13, 2014

This is going to be a test on their no refund for removed digital items policy. Read the TOS its all there...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 11 of 50 (369 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Apr 13, 2014

I can understand when something is removed for cause, but it is different when someone buys something in good faith. I feel that the evil tree items will be returned, otherwise, what is to prevent a developer with a mean on to put a logic bomb in their coding so that if they do not renew it on a regular basis it could wipe out all their stuff when they go?

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 12 of 50 (356 Views)
I Only Post Everything
760 posts

Apr 14, 2014

strider367 wrote:

This is going to be a test on their no refund for removed digital items policy. Read the TOS its all there...

Can you quote the exact wording? Because removing the items from the store for purchase and removing them from people's inventory aren't the same thing. This is on Sony not Evil Tree. Not quite the thing as what happened with the expansions to Avalaon either. According to this logic, Sony can basically just steal our money whenever and I highly doubt Sony would want to create an atmosphere where people are afraid to buy things only to have them vanish into vapor at a moments notice with Sony citing the Terms of Service. A TOS is usually written rather broadly to protect a company from things they have no control over ie: Avalon expansions for instance or the UFC spaces. But this is not the case with the Evil Tree items.

Is this what you're talking about:
"SNEI DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY REFUNDS IN THE EVENT OF A PRICE DROP, A SUBSEQUENT PROMOTIONAL OFFERING OR PRODUCT REMOVAL, AND THE FEE APPLICABLE TO YOUR TRANSACTION WILL BE THE FEE THAT WAS IN EFFECT AT THE TIME OF THE TRANSACTION"

It's a bit vague legally. But it seems to be moreso in referrence to pre-sales and pro-motions versus just deleting something you bought.  Maybe we need Tempest to clear this up for us.

Message 13 of 50 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4703 posts

Apr 14, 2014
I think there is some wording in the beta agreement that shows when you install Home. Should be accessible through the start menu in the help tab or whatever its called...

I'm not on at the moment to check.
Message 14 of 50 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4703 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2014

While I hope they are able to accomodate you for your missing purchased items (which they usually are compared to a few years ago), here are pictures I just captured of the "legal terms" that protect Sony and developers should they be unable to compensate you since someone brought this topic up....  If you hadn't yet, contact Joystick_Warrior in Home Support.

1_434.gif

3_434.gif

2_434.gif

Message 15 of 50 (269 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1313 posts

Apr 14, 2014

theSinisterMrX wrote:

This is on Sony not Evil Tree. Not quite the thing as what happened with the expansions to Avalaon either. According to this logic, Sony can basically just steal our money whenever and I highly doubt Sony would want to create an atmosphere where people are afraid to buy things only to have them vanish into vapor at a moments notice with Sony citing the Terms of Service.

Interesing assumption. All content in Home is the intelectual property of the developers who create it. Sometimes developers want to remove their content from home, and Sony has no choice but to comply. This typicaly does not include content from peoples inventory, but yes a develper can ask for that as well.

You are righ that Sony does not want to cause bad customer relations. Sony and most of the devs would prefer to be successful. And alienating customers is not a good way to achieve that. We can't do any more than speculate at this point. You will need your answer from an official source. But this I am certain of. If Evil Tree did intend to have all their content removed from inventories, they are certainly not going to refund every home member who ever paid for their content. That would be insane.

Message 16 of 50 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2014

What you quoted from their tos isn't vague at all. But with evil tree they said their not removing those items. What you have to to is find that announcement. Then hold their feet to the fire..

theSinisterMrX wrote:
"SNEI DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY REFUNDS IN THE EVENT OF A PRICE DROP, A SUBSEQUENT PROMOTIONAL OFFERING OR PRODUCT REMOVAL, AND THE FEE APPLICABLE TO YOUR TRANSACTION WILL BE THE FEE THAT WAS IN EFFECT AT THE TIME OF THE TRANSACTION"

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 17 of 50 (217 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 14, 2014
First Post in this linked thread.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/THQ-and-Evil-Tree-Studios-Item-Removal/m-p/4...

To quote Tempest_Fire: "If you already own these items, there's nothing to worry about. They will stay in your inventory"

Not only was he wrong about that, but also about Street Fighter stuff being unavailable via Player Inspect. It still is.
Support Forums
Message 18 of 50 (202 Views)
Sackboy
306 posts

Apr 14, 2014

smokingpistol wrote:
First Post in this linked thread.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/THQ-and-Evil-Tree-Studios-Item-Removal/m-p/4...

To quote Tempest_Fire: "If you already own these items, there's nothing to worry about. They will stay in your inventory"

Not only was he wrong about that, but also about Street Fighter stuff being unavailable via Player Inspect. It still is.

Stole my thoughts and words completely my friend. I know right? What a scam that was, Because everybody on here including myself love to just pay for stuff we did not end up keeping or ends up not being as rare as it was intended to be.  lol fail on erroring it out on NA servers, but in EU servers is it errored out and is not inspecible. Fail on erroring out THC content in EU, yet in NA we cann't buy them any longer. Not sure i understood the logic in this, but it's rather disappointing.

Message 19 of 50 (193 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 14, 2014
The logic seems to be = get $

smh
Support Forums
Message 20 of 50 (190 Views)