Highlighted
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Re: Can we have our money back from Evil Tree?

Apr 14, 2014

FaLsEhOoD227 wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:
First Post in this linked thread.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/THQ-and-Evil-Tree-Studios-Item-Removal/m-p/4...

To quote Tempest_Fire: "If you already own these items, there's nothing to worry about. They will stay in your inventory"

Not only was he wrong about that, but also about Street Fighter stuff being unavailable via Player Inspect. It still is.

Stole my thoughts and words completely my friend. I know right? What a scam that was, Because everybody on here including myself love to just pay for stuff we did not end up keeping or ends up not being as rare as it was intended to be.  lol fail on erroring it out on NA servers, but in EU servers is it errored out and is not inspecible. Fail on erroring out THC content in EU, yet in NA we cann't buy them any longer. Not sure i understood the logic in this, but it's rather disappointing.

Insert weed joke here......

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 21 of 50 (295 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Apr 15, 2014

That's the cost of doing business online. Every convienence comes with its pitfalls. This is one of them. Should have spent your money on chewing gum.

Message 22 of 50 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Apr 15, 2014

the fact they were going under was called months to maybe a year ago by now when i told them they should listen to the majority of users instead of some little focus group. after that they totally sold out & things went sour. you guys don't like me or my opinions but i'm right more times than i'm wrong. 

back to the subject, it's stupid they're revoking purchased items BUT lets go back to another bit of information i told you all before. YOU DO NOT OWN A SINGLE LINE OF CODE IN PS HOME, you buy licences to access these things but you do not own them at all. not only can you not get a refund, you can't be guaranteed perpetual access to the items & they can be subject to full removal at any time without notice. 

this isn't some made up BS to get you mad, it's the reality behind all this that YOU need to know. if you don't like it you shouldn't have agreed to the ToS & you should have read all of it before you agreed. yes i realise nobody reads it but that's half the problem, you cry foul but in certain courts you legally agreed to the terms you never read that tells you this. 

they could be putting in clauses that say SCEA legally has permission to enter your house & search it and you wouldn't know about it because you didn't read it. weather they find your S&M dungeon or not is subject to your hiding abilities or your lack of them & weather they escape or not is really another subjective matter BUT it's the principle of the thing. you have to be aware of what you're doing & what you agree to online or you'll find out you'll regret it at some point. you can't let yourself get distracted by the thought of other things i.e. social interaction, a game you want to play, a prize you want to win etc. take 5 minutes to read what you agree to & weigh the risk vs reward better.

Brace yourselves ban hammers are swinging...
Message 23 of 50 (250 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 15, 2014
I call foul. When the Manager of Digital Platforms for North America explicity states that the purchases will stay in our inventories upon store removal, that whole 'read the tos' line is bs. I have had refunds for lesser issues, we deserve either the content to be returned or in worst case, yes a refund, sorry but any other alternative is unacceptable.
Support Forums
Message 24 of 50 (247 Views)
Sackboy
306 posts

Apr 15, 2014
FaLsEhOoD227 wrote:
smokingpistol wrote:
First Post in this linked thread.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/THQ-and-Evil-Tree-Studios-Item-Removal/m-p/4...

To quote Tempest_Fire: "If you already own these items, there's nothing to worry about. They will stay in your inventory"

Not only was he wrong about that, but also about Street Fighter stuff being unavailable via Player Inspect. It still is.
Stole my thoughts and words completely my friend. I know right? What a scam that was, Because everybody on here including myself love to just pay for stuff we did not end up keeping or ends up not being as rare as it was intended to be. lol fail on erroring it out on NA servers, but in EU servers is it errored out and is not inspecible. Fail on erroring out THC content in EU, yet in NA we cann't buy them any longer. Not sure i understood the logic in this, but it's rather disappointing.

Insert weed joke here......

LOL wow what an amazing spelling mistake by me hahah thanks for that.. totally made my night lolz THQ*
Message 25 of 50 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

Apr 15, 2014

I agree with you Pistol! I just want my pictures and the knife back! I don't see that this should be such a big problem for the home team to fix! Smiley Mad

See you on home

Sam

" Live Free or Die! "
Message 26 of 50 (223 Views)
Sackboy
447 posts

Apr 15, 2014

I don't understand why they pulled the items that people bought.  I mean, when Irem was pulled, items that were bought, stayed, and people can still buy them through inspect.  But now with this, it's like people paid for them, and now they are not in the store and those who bought it, have it taken away from them.  What if other big name companies did that?  Imagine how people would feel if Lockwood went bankrupt and instead of letting people keep their stuff, they just took it all away.  Or even worse, what if PSH was removed.  Imagine all the rage from people mad that Home is gone and all the money they spent, was just flushed away.

Message 27 of 50 (204 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Apr 15, 2014

Phew, glad I never bought any evil tree stuff. It was all junk anyways. Hope the people that did get a refund or items returned, since it was stated they'd stay in your inventories. Stuff like this happening isn't exactly encouraging people to make purchases on here, especially anyone new to PS Home.

Message 28 of 50 (189 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Apr 15, 2014
Honestly I feel maybe now, there needs to be laws put in place to protect the consumer. Its like the phone company offering a plan and removing it at their descretion and not saying anything yet we still paid for it. We may not own the item but we pay for the right to use it and we have a right to know if something is being removed from our inventory.
Message 29 of 50 (182 Views)
Gaming Beast
1345 posts

Apr 15, 2014
LegoFire can I commit as well even thou ur item are mission consider it could also be cause by the last update maintence, when they close I notice that the item did but was it due to update and will this comming update reset it, we'll need to be patient and I urge anyone if u receive ur items back let the home community know k. Thank u for reading my commit if there a will there a way in this beta world.
Message 30 of 50 (168 Views)
0 Likes