May 23 2013
By: Jabucat First Son 1 posts

Can't build anymore

4 replies 148 views Edited May 23, 2013

I have built a city with roads, windmills and water. Houses (heaps) and 2 blocks of units. And the town hall. Now I can't build anymore, and I want to add a commercial site, but I can't move outside of the area I have established. Could anyone please advise me as to what I have done wrong and how to fix it. Thank you, Ingrid

Message 1 of 5 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
6533 posts

Re: Can't build anymore

May 23, 2013

You could simply delete some of what you have or buy a new city. They go on sale every now and then for 50% off.

Message 2 of 5 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013
I'm a little confused, where do you get windmills and water in Home tycoon? Are we talking the water tanks for "water" or the parks?

But back to the main question, ... Home Tycoon has a fixed grid of 16x16. Your city has to fit in that.

Oops, nvm. Been focused so hard on the building, pollution and smilies, I forgot about whats in the parks. Doh. Dumb me again.
Message 3 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1862 posts

May 23, 2013

Jabucat wrote:

I have built a city with roads, windmills and water. Houses (heaps) and 2 blocks of units. And the town hall. Now I can't build anymore, and I want to add a commercial site, but I can't move outside of the area I have established. Could anyone please advise me as to what I have done wrong and how to fix it. Thank you, Ingrid

Please, before you go deleting your roads and buildings - you can simply move them!  Just go to the building or street you want to move and make sure you are on the "MOVE" tab, and press "X".  You can put them anywhere, as long as you have one free space.

This function was added some time ago, in an update.

Message 4 of 5 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

May 23, 2013

The grid is pretty large, but once you've filled it up, you need to delete buildings or buy a new city (or play on a different PSN account)

Message 5 of 5 (72 Views)
0 Likes