Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: Can PS Home ever get the U.S.S Enterprise as personal space?

Nov 28, 2012
Throw my hat in the ring for new trek stuff. Torpedoes ENGAGE
Support Forums
Message 51 of 63 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Nov 30, 2012

What about creating the batcave? You know batmans batcave? Or buying superhero costumes. I love to buy Superman costume. Im a big fan of Superman

Message 52 of 63 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Nov 30, 2012

stevedann19 wrote:

What about creating the batcave? You know batmans batcave? Or buying superhero costumes. I love to buy Superman costume. Im a big fan of Superman

You can get The Batcave as a reward by playing Batman Arkham Asylum.

Message 53 of 63 (94 Views)
Sackboy
426 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Jacked-Assassin wrote:

stevedann19 wrote:

wheres the asylum in home?

Message 54 of 63 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 30, 2012

stevedann19 wrote:

It's not in Home you have to buy the game

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 55 of 63 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Nov 30, 2012

stevedann19 wrote:

Jacked-Assassin wrote:

stevedann19 wrote:

Its not on Home its on the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_Asylum

Message 56 of 63 (86 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28204 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

stevedann19 wrote:

Im a big Trekkie fan. I like to roam all over the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) Go  in many rooms like Sick Bay, Transporter room,The Bridge. And the Mess Hall.    

The original Star Trek had been cancelled on it's second season on television. The producers, directors, writers and actors wanted it to continue, but NBC said "No" But it came back for a third and final season due to a write-in campaign by it's million's of fans...

There have been a few television series that were on the brink of cancellation, or had in fact had been cancelled, but did manage to get a second chance due to write in campaigns. Some managed to last one more year, to even close out the series, and others managed to run a few more years...

The point is this, SCEE/SCEA can only suggest game related material for Home. They also probably send Home information out with their development kits. And even if they say many people want game related space or content, game Developers will probably remain hesitant because they do not see the interest from the fans. Therefore, it wouldn't hurt to write to them directly via their blogs, sites and "Contact Us" links. Those are the numbers that they would be looking for.

We had someone on the forum who would create several threads asking for Star Wars items. He would post no more than once or twice in each of his threads. But he would never take the time to contact Lucas Arts. I took the step to do so for him, even posting a link on this forum. He never clicked on the link to post on the Lucas Arts forum. Maybe only two or three others did do so.

If we want something bad enough, why is it that we will not make the effort to let those who can make it happen know that we want it? Is it because that most of us who say we want something really don't want it that much? Or perhaps we want someone else to make the effort? 

Today, a letter writing campaign is free. No need to buy a stamp. There's really no excuse to not let the Developer's of our favorite games (and movies) not know how we feel. People do so often on this forum, obviously. Communication and suggestions are free thanks to the internet.

And Star Trek, the series that had been cancelled after two years? It went on to a third season, then spawned a successful movie and television franchise. Several series and several movies. And it continues to this day.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 57 of 63 (73 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Nov 30, 2012
CBS owns the rights to the entire Star Trek franchise. They offer licensing of their products through their Consumer Products division (www.cbsconsumerproducts.com). CBS is not a software manufacturer to my knowledge, and they certainly are not a Home developer. The best strategy I would suggest is to for users to approach an existing Home Developer and ask them to inquire about licensing from CBS so they can create an Enterprise personal space.

Now, whether they and CBS can negotiate and come to mutually agreeable terms is a whole another ball of yarn, but I think this might be the best approach. I strongly suggest if you decide to go this route is to be courteous and to the point and not to expect any personal replies from the Developer, but don’t take that to mean they are not listening. This can be done individually or as a coordinated effort. But again, I ask that you be polite at all times because while you are asking these businesses to cater to a potentially lucrative business opportunity, you should also treat this as asking for a favor as well.

As been mentioned before, Star Trek uniforms were available in both NA and EU under various circumstances, and outside of Home there are Star Trek PS3 themes available, not to mention the DAC game. All of these were officially licensed creations.

One last thing, my suggestion here is purely voluntary on your part. I want to make clear that this is not an appeal to act on behalf of SCEA or Digital Platforms management. The more advanced business regarding this and any outcomes both positive and negative can and should be left up to the devs and the licensees and Sony DP. All my suggestion entails is to make Home user’s voices heard in consensus that they would very much like to see Star Trek related merchandise and spaces available on PlayStation Home and that we would like a developer to try and pursue this option. Its just to create awareness and that is all. However, if you read Conrad’s post above, you saw that there was enough of a consensus that motivated NBC to give the original Star Trek program a stay of execution. And if there is enough of a consensus in the Home community, then perhaps a Home Developer will look at this and, if viable, at least consider inquiring about it, and perhaps even make it a reality.

Good luck to all those gives this thing a shot. If you’d like me to assist you just shoot me a PM. I’ll be glad to help in any way I can.
Photobucket
Message 58 of 63 (60 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Yeah, original Enterprise would be cool.  But if Sony tried to release a Starship Enterprise every little Star Trek nerd would come crawling out from under rocks complaining that this is wrong.. That's wrong... The "zabdorfamdill" button is the wrong colour.. and so on and so on.

Sony doesn't need the headaches...lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 59 of 63 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 30, 2012
Anybody up for signing a star trek petition to get some new trek gear in home? New movie and game will come out eventually we should have Home tie ins when they do. Who would sign it? Anybody here?
Support Forums
Message 60 of 63 (36 Views)
0 Likes