Highlighted
Jan 13 2011
By: TheNewSeeker Splicer 93 posts

Can I become a Home Guide?

9 replies 214 views Edited Jan 13, 2011

I get off my real life job at 11 pm and am home by at least 12 Am and i was wondering if you would let me help out people on home I could help you from 12-8 Am. I go to bed at that time anyway. Please I really want to be a Guide.

Message 1 of 10 (214 Views)
Wastelander
751 posts

Re: Can I become a Home Guide?

Jan 13, 2011

The next round is starting next month so the application should be opening up soon. Here is the link, Good luck!

http://us.playstation.com/homevolunteerapplication/

Message 2 of 10 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 14, 2011

Best of luck with that. It's something of a popularity contest.

Message 3 of 10 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 8, 2011

yoo dude i need your help too. i want to be guide how can i be 1.

Message 4 of 10 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Feb 8, 2011

John_Titor wrote:

Not true, there are a couple of guides that are hated by the masses,,, its more about who you know and what your willing to do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 10 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Feb 8, 2011

it's all rigged. some of the mod's or guides aren't really nice too. good luck!

YB

Message 6 of 10 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Feb 8, 2011

Step right up! You too can become hated and disparaged by the local haters and loved and adored by all those you'll help whilst in Home. I'm sure at those hours there's even fewer willing and able to help out, so I certainly hope that you get in. Best of luck!

Message 7 of 10 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 8, 2011

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

John_Titor wrote:

Not true, there are a couple of guides that are hated by the masses,,, its more about who you know and what your willing to do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I would hope that isn't a criteria although I certainly don't have any first hand experience with it and I personally don't have the time or inclination to do it myself. I do certainly commend those who give their time.

I have heard recently though that the term for guides – even the new ones – is expiring and that some are to be retained and others will not be. Seems to me 5 months or thereabouts isn't really all that long. Perhaps I'm misinformed but I was surprised to hear that.

Personally, I believe that no one should be a guide indefinately. The term of office should be limited and if it is to be a permanent position then those people should be put on the payroll – at least in my view.  Sony and the HCM's can obviously do as they please. On the other hand If guides are to be cycled in and out that should apply to all of them with of course some overlap in terms to insure that the new people learn the job and are trained by those who have experience.

Message 8 of 10 (216 Views)
Sackboy
530 posts

Feb 8, 2011

Ya know, I just can't quite put my finger on it. Why would anyone wanna join so badly? ......Oh right, free stuff.  Of course nobody will openly say that, but it will probably be some peoples intentions. This is one of the reasons I don't think guides should get things. It just makes people wanna join for the wrong reasons. I'm not getting into this again , and not saying this is what the OP intention is, but I'm pretty sure that's what a lot of the next wave is going for.  Again, I'm not getting into it, so I don't wanna see arguments against/for me to start this up all over again, leave it be if you think you have something to say.

Message 9 of 10 (213 Views)
PlayStation Support
1180 posts

Feb 9, 2011

As Dark Wayne mentioned above, there will be an official process to apply to become an HCV when the time comes. Watch for an update in the official HCV FAQ thread or a post from GlassWalls at that time.

This topic is locked.

PlayStation Moderation and Support
Message 10 of 10 (214 Views)