Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Re: CUTTHROATS 2.0 IS COMING!

Aug 31, 2012

All that information and no mention of the level cap being raised or what it's being raised to.

Message 21 of 47 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Aug 31, 2012

HeavensLightfire wrote:

Chicken Ball? Mine Ball? Interesting Smiley Tongue

Being able to drop mines is one of the most interesting new features in Cuthroats 2.0, because it adds a new strategic element to the game. You know how the current version of the game often sees ships clump together and duke it out at point-blank range? Adding mines to the equation really forces a change in tactics.

What's great to see are more captain abilities. In the original game, the only way a captain could actually inflict any damage was with ramming. By adding new abilities for captains, it creates a sort of "fourth gunner" on the boat. I've seen animations of some proposed captain abilities which may or may not show up in Cutthroats 3.0, and they're absolutely unhinged.

As for the chicken cannon, this is the funniest thing I've ever seen in Home. I know a couple of people have expressed doubts about it, but trust me, it adds a certain zaniness X-factor to the game which is drop-dead hilarious.

Chicken.jpg

+

chickenshot.jpg

=

shipexplosion.jpg

smithlaugh.jpg

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 22 of 47 (257 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Aug 31, 2012

Hot Shots Part Deux

Approves.

Message 23 of 47 (245 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

LunarEmerald wrote:

All that information and no mention of the level cap being raised or what it's being raised to.

I suspect they would have had to do that. I'm sure we'll get more info soon. I  would think additional rewards were also added to the game. Lets face it Homies love rewards.

Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 47 (233 Views)
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

Sep 1, 2012

mumbinator wrote:

Hello Home Gamers,

This is Mumbinator, your friendly neighborhood Home Developer.

Norsegame has been graciously updating the community about the current Cutthroats update.

Before we release this game, I want to thank all of you who have tried the prior game, liked it, hated it or somewhere in between.
We thoroughly enjoyed making this for you all. We really hope you like the improvements, additional content and re-designed economy.

I'm proud of this release and I greatly appreciate your feedback and support.

Feel free to ask questions prior to and after the release. I'll do my best to answer the how, what and why, so that everyone

can get the most out of the new Cutthroats: Battle for Black Powder Cove.

We are listening.

See you on the water.

Thanks,

Mumbinator

I have a question:  are any of the current level-unlocked rewards going to be retired when this update hits, or will they still be available?

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 25 of 47 (217 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
823 posts

Sep 1, 2012

I love Cutthroats but have the same queestons everyone else has.

1.) Will the level cap be raised and/or reset with this 2.0 update?

2.) Will there be new rewards with this 2.0 update or will we have to wait til the 3.0 update?

Message 26 of 47 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Sep 1, 2012

I think it would be nice to be able to actually board ships during close quarter naval combat. That in my opinion is what true swashbuckling is.

Message 27 of 47 (192 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA Developer
13 posts

Sep 1, 2012

No, levels are not being reset and the level cap has not changed in this version.

Message 28 of 47 (174 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA Developer
13 posts

Sep 1, 2012

I can't talk specifically about pricing right now, but I think most players should be much happier now.

Team chat with Mics is in 2.0

Message 29 of 47 (171 Views)
SIEA Developer
13 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Still available.

Message 30 of 47 (166 Views)
0 Likes