Aug 31, 2012
Can't wait! Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 47 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Re: CUTTHROATS 2.0 IS COMING!

Aug 31, 2012

Im excited I loved Version 1.0. I hope to see you can level up higher and earn more rewards.  I never got to the highest level anyways Smiley Very Happy

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 12 of 47 (329 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4582 posts

Aug 31, 2012
I'm more excited a SCEA developer is actually posting here. :-)
Message 13 of 47 (322 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4320 posts

Aug 31, 2012

i'd like to kno if the lvl cap is being increased, I haven't even reached the lvl cap as it is now (I kno i'm lame Smiley Sad) lol

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 14 of 47 (308 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29267 posts

Aug 31, 2012

Thew902 wrote:
I'm more excited a SCEA developer is actually posting here. :-)

I agree. I've always suspected they read what we say. It's nice to have a conversation! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 47 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Aug 31, 2012

Mumbinator has graciously allowed HomeStation Magazine to publish the full checklist of updates for Cutthroats 2.0 -- and it's a big one!

CUTTHROATS UPDATE

IMPROVED USER STORE EXPERIENCE

• Improved presentation for Armory Store so it’s very clear to understand that this is where you buy coins and power-ups. 
  • New icons for all the ammo types
  • Removed PS Store mini-game
    • All PS Store purchases (COINS) will take place in the Armory and on the ship
    • Added a separate clothing store.
      • Will feature all Cutthroats clothing

UPDATED GAMEPLAY / CONTROLS

• New Quick Select menus for Weapons and Ship Powers
    • Hold L2/L1 to pull up the wheel, use analog stick to highlight then press “X” to select
    • Moved all communications/information to d-pad. (Up – Store, Down – Quick Chat, Left – Leaderboard, Right - Instructions)
    • Unified visuals/navigation by using the same selection wheel for gunners and captains.
    • All players (gunners/captains) can use Ship Powers now (Except for the 2 new Captain powers)
    • New Cannon Quick Select menu
      • Hold Circle and navigate to any open cannon, use Left analog stick to highlight then release Circle
      • Boats respawn randomly around the cove
      • Mutiny Update - Press Triangle to Mutiny the Captain as the Gunner(Limit 3 per player)
      • Variable Damage – Some weapons deal different damage based on distance
      • Two new Skull Caves added!
      • 5 minute idle kick – Players Will get kicked off the ship when not moving for 5 minutes
      • In-Game PSN Store fixed
      • Damage Balancing for all ammo types
      • New cannon types.
        • Rum Ball
        • Lightning  Ball
        • Chicken Ball
        • Mine Ball
        • New Power ups for Captain
          • Teleport
          • Captain Mine
          • New Sounds
            • Victory and Losing sound for ship
            • Lightning striking down from the sky
            • Fire sound
  • Dropped Coin chest in the cove
  • No 'stacking' the same Ship Powers on a single player.
    •  Ex. Player 1 cannot have two speed boosts activated
  • SHIPS CAN NOW REPAIR MULTIPLE TIMES
  • Voice chat – Players can chat on a headset by holding down R2 (Players can only talk within the ship)
  • Dropped Power up chest in the cove

IMPROVED USER INTERFACE / GRAPHICS

• Enemy Ship Health Feedback - now appears when damage or repairs occur
  • Revised Power-Up icons
  • Mutiny Call & Vote Splash Screens
  • Coin bar in-game – Coin bar will appear on the screen when collecting coin chest in the cove
  • Improved in-game messaging
    • Tap X to reload message
    • Tap X to repair message
    • Tap Square to repair ship
    • Speed boost water particle effect
    • New cannon models for cannon ammo.
      • Fire Ball
      • Barnacle Ball
      • Whistler Ball
      • Scatter shot Ball

• New boat sinking explosion
  • New ‘invulnerable’ graphic appears on boats

NEW MESSAGE SYSTEM

• Launch Splash Screen Update – upon launch, users always see a Message Board
    • Message Board is baked in to avoid latency issues
    • Board advises users visit all 5 mini-games to collect daily coin bonus and get new info
    • Each Mini-Game has an XML screen that explains important info about the game

Cannon Ball Damages

• Normal Cannon – Does more damage close up, less damage the further you are (This is the cannonball that comes standard in every cannon)
  • Barnacle Cannon – Does more damage close up, less damage the further you are (Slows boats down for 15 seconds)
  • Fire Cannon – Does Less damage close up, More damage the further you are (Causes Fire damage with an increase to burn damage, 30 Damage over 15 sec)
  • Rum Cannon – Does Less damage close up, More damage the further you are (Causes captain and crew’s controller settings to become inverted for 5 seconds)
  • Scatter Shot Cannon – Does more damage close up, less damage the further you are (Causes massive damage close range)
  • Whistler Cannon – Does Less damage close up, More damage the further you are (Aerodynamically crafted to snipe other boats at long distances)
  • Lightning Cannon – Does Less damage close up, More damage the further you are (Slows the gunners aiming and wick time for 5 seconds)
  • Chicken Cannon – Does more damage close up, less damage the further you are (Chickens Damage the boat, 150 damage over 15 sec)
  • Mine Cannon – Does more damage close up, less damage the further you are (Floats in water and damages boats that trigger it)

Attributed Items

• Fire Ball Jacket - Unlimited Fire Balls
  • Mine Jacket - Unlimited Mine Balls
  • Scatter Jacket - Unlimited Scatter Balls
  • Whistler Jacket - Unlimited Whistler Balls
  • No mutiny Hat - No one can mutiny the captain
  • Boat turning Hat – Boat turns faster
  • Speed Hat - Faster boat

This information has been posted in the HSM forum as well, and also given to our sister site, AlphaZone4 (the most-visited Home fansite in the world), for cross-publication. It has been reprinted here so that other Home media sites may help to spread the word.

You may recall that I was one of the original game's harshest critics, and having had hands-on time with Cutthroats 2.0, I can personally attest to the fact that this updated game is truly astonishing. Never in the history of Home has a major game been so completely retooled, reinvented and expanded based on user feedback. A rather large sum of money was invested into this game, and kudos should be given to Sony for going back in and turning it into an absolute beast.

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 16 of 47 (299 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Aug 31, 2012

NorseGamer wrote:

Attributed Items

• Fire Ball Jacket - Unlimited Fire Balls
  • Mine Jacket - Unlimited Mine Balls
  • Scatter Jacket - Unlimited Scatter Balls
  • Whistler Jacket - Unlimited Whistler Balls
  • No mutiny Hat - No one can mutiny the captain
  • Boat turning Hat – Boat turns faster
  • Speed Hat - Faster boat

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

No mutiny?? How are we going to change captains then??

Message 17 of 47 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Aug 31, 2012
      • New cannon types.
        • Rum Ball
        • Lightning  Ball
        • Chicken Ball
        • Mine Ball
        • New Power ups for Captain
          • Teleport
          • Captain Mine
          • New Sounds
            • Victory and Losing sound for ship
            • Lightning striking down from the sky
            • Fire sound

Chicken Ball? Mine Ball? Interesting Smiley Tongue

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 18 of 47 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Aug 31, 2012

HeavensLightfire wrote:

• Chicken Ball
  • Chicken Ball? Mine Ball? Interesting Smiley Tongue

BOK BOK!!! Omg!! Fun!

HomeStationMagazine
Message 19 of 47 (261 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Aug 31, 2012

Jackzero99 wrote:

No mutiny?? How are we going to change captains then??

One of the the gameplay elements that tended to be abused in the original Cutthroats was that you'd have someone come in (typically low level), spam "Go Go Go Go Go Go" in the quickchat, and then pull the mutiny card. Gunners, while reloading their cannons, would accidentally tap X (causing a "Yes" vote), and the troll would end up captaining the boat.  You could wrestle with trying to get the captaincy back (while being shot at), but what tended to happen, more often than not, is that people simply ditched the boat in frustration and went back to the pier to find another boat or leave the game space entirely. All it takes is half a dozen mutiny spam-trolls to disrupt an entire instance, which I've personally observed more than once.

Mutiny is still a feature in the game. The no-mutiny hat is a check-and-balance feature, for those who want it, against a tactic which can disrupt the game. If you're the skipper of a boat crewed with your friends, you probably don't need to worry about mutiny anyway. And if you're commanding a boat with strangers, it's a sort of "I'm the **bleep** Batman" feature.

(This sort of "legal" game disruption can be seen elsewhere, btw. How many times have you played a round of No Man's Land and some troll in default loadout joins your team, only to shoot you in the back because friendly fire wasn't turned off? One person can completely disrupt a game session and ruin the fun for a lot of other people. The no-mutiny hat is the Cutthroats equivalent of turning friendly fire off.)

Crews who end up on mutiny-immune ships and grow frustrated with the occasional captain who monkeys around because he knows he can't be displaced will simply ditch the boat, sign onto another, and go sink the guy. And since the mutiny hat needs to be purchased, the odds of encountering an instance with half a dozen troll captains are significantly lower than encountering mutiny spam-trolls. In a worst-case scenario, you simply load into a different instance of the space.

I suspect you probably won't see too many mutiny-immune captains in the game -- the new types of cannon will likely drive most of the sales -- but for the game's hardcore users, Sony's been very smart in offering clothing which provides permanent bonuses, much as Hellfire Games did with Novus Prime. However, the game is balanced in such a way that no one ship can have such a dominating edge that it blows everyone else out of the water. The improvements to the whistler cannon alone, in the hands of a skillful gunner, are a perfect long-range counterbalance to many of the game's short-range improvements (like the scattershot, which can absolutely trash a ship in a broadside duel).

Hope that helps!

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 20 of 47 (256 Views)