Highlighted
Jan 20 2013
By: David_Letterman1 First Son 5 posts

CORE UPDATE

15 replies 502 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

You think the Moderators would tell us a week in advance, when is this CORE UPDATE coming out, like a specific date and what will it do for Playstation Home.

Lost.jpg

Message 1 of 16 (502 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Re: CORE UPDATE

Jan 20, 2013

GlassWalls already mentioned part of the Core Update coming this coming Wednsday when he announced that they were transfering our Home safe data to their servers.

Message 2 of 16 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Ya, he already told us about part of this mistake, what other blunder will we see next (prob take all of our space layouts like the clubs layouts are gone)
Message 3 of 16 (417 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Well I can't really see the transfer of saved data as a bad thing till I see the final results when the core update is up. to judge it now would be like jumping out of a plane without a parachute.

Message 4 of 16 (402 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Message 5 of 16 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4526 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

jj_dillon wrote:

Well I can't really see the transfer of saved data as a bad thing till I see the final results when the core update is up. to judge it now would be like jumping out of a plane without a parachute.

Except even if they don't wipe out all our space layouts as they just did with all our clubhouse spaces (which are saved to the servers), we already know for a fact that with this update we will no longer be able to save multiple layouts for the same space (as many do now to save considerable time redecorating a space for different themes, like Christmas, Halloween, Parties, etc).  

Not only that but we also know for a fact that we will no longer be able to restore a corrupt file from a saved backup.

To use your analogy, based on what we do know, it's like being handed a parachute that you know has a massive hole in it and still jumping  out of the plane because they told you you'll be fine.

Now if as GlassWalls suggested, you don't spend much on spaces and or on furnishings, and don't spend a lot of time creating multiple layouts to use as fun gathering spaces for friends... Then this likely wont have much of an impact on you.   That said... Who has the greater impact on the future success of Home?  The casual user that doesn't spend much time or money on spaces and items to fill them, or the dedicated Home user that does?   Which is why this latest decision by the managers of Home is being met by such harsh criticism by even their biggest supporters.

Home management is failing us and failing Home, and if something drastic doesn't change to turn things around, Home's future is dim at best.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 6 of 16 (373 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Well as far as apartments, I pesonally don't keep multiple save files on them, one I decorate one it stays that way untill I feel like changing it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. not everyone keeps multiple files of their apartment spaces.

Now I can put in the effort to actually decorate my spaces without changing files, how about the rest of you ? Or are you all too lazy ?

Message 7 of 16 (351 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Jan 20, 2013

The start of a well needed transistion for home with the files place on the server.

Message 8 of 16 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jan 20, 2013

jj_dillon wrote:

Well as far as apartments, I pesonally don't keep multiple save files on them, one I decorate one it stays that way untill I feel like changing it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. not everyone keeps multiple files of their apartment spaces.

Now I can put in the effort to actually decorate my spaces without changing files, how about the rest of you ? Or are you all too lazy ?

Too lazy? Um... it takes more effort to manage multiple layouts than just one.

Message 9 of 16 (345 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Jan 20, 2013

That maybe true in itself Tripp. but it takes less effort to switch out save files than it does to actually go in the space and actually decorate. add, move and remove furniture items

Message 10 of 16 (335 Views)
0 Likes