Mar 07 2012
By: darkan12-nl Survivor 1630 posts

CHEEZ-Its in PS3Home

7 replies 33 views Edited Mar 7, 2012

This has gone LIVE today in Playstation Home.

voodoochief blogged;

As my Day job i work for a company in southern California called Mass Media Games. We are well known for working on very difficult conversions along with the occasional original gamne release. Though mos of those were for THQ, who have not employed us for an original game in some while. Still we keep our creative side going by making stuff for Sonys Playstation Homes Virtual world. We create lots of Virtual objects/prizes/clothes/furniture and also we are very proud of our environments or scens such as the Midway areas.

We are going to introducing Midway 3 as soon as it is ready (gotta love self publishing Smiley Happy. We also have a few surprises for everyone in Home, but i cannot talk about them at the moment. Maybe Jack Buser might mention something this week at GDC (i can only hope!).

Anyway back to the point of this post. Today we had one of the things we have worked on the last month go Live. It is a Minigame that Sony asked us to make as a promotional item for the Cheez-Its brand. In fact we accumulate all the votes and a bunch of metrics for them. So your votes DO count.

This was one of those jobs where they asked us to create a Teleporter and Scene Minigame. They also asked that it be a bit like one of our existing minigames. so it was modelled on one of our games from Midway2. This was ok, but for me I was really hoping for a completely unique and original game. Still it was fun to redress and alter the game in various ways. Then we also added the back end Server support for all the vote tallying and metric collection. I am REALLY hoping that this Minigame accumulates Millions of Votes and hundreds of thousands of players. Then I am sure we will get more work and more interest in Home from Big companies looking to advertise etc.

I hope you enjoy voting and winning the two prizes. The hardest part of doing this minigame was in fact setting the Difficulty level Smiley Surprised  Personaly i think it too easy being able to cplete it with more than half the time left. Still Watching others play it live shows me going easy was a good move as i see so many of our frustrated animations being played. wow!

Have fun in there,

Da Voodoochief

http://sorcerygames.blogspot.com/2012/03/cheez-its-in-ps3home.html

plz leave him a comment about your thoughts about the game

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 5 of 8 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Re: CHEEZ-Its in PS3Home

Mar 7, 2012

Hmm, Hamster's enjoy Cheez-It's. ....

Message 1 of 8 (33 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
780 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Hey, thanks for not putting this mini game in the Hub(aka, the lag room, instant spawn space, pathetic excuse for directing home user space) and ect.

That would have been most unacceptable.

I think the mini game is fine, no complaints. I do praise it for actually giving us a nice head item, and not just a shirt (well, it gives a shirt, but you can win a hat too).

Message 2 of 8 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1630 posts

Mar 7, 2012

PlayStation®Home Picture 7-3-2012 20-41-47.jpgPlayStation®Home Picture 7-3-2012 20-42-26.jpgPlayStation®Home Picture 7-3-2012 20-52-02.jpgmmhmm,and its so colorful i love it!

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 3 of 8 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Mar 7, 2012

darkan12-nl wrote:

"... As my Day job i work for a company in southern California called Mass Media Games.."

All the best with the cheez-its game.

I'm just wondering if you've seen this?  http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4674921?start=0&tstart=0

Or perhaps know of some one who might care to contribute further.

Message 4 of 8 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Mar 7, 2012

darkan12-nl wrote:

This has gone LIVE today in Playstation Home.

voodoochief blogged;

As my Day job i work for a company in southern California called Mass Media Games. We are well known for working on very difficult conversions along with the occasional original gamne release. Though mos of those were for THQ, who have not employed us for an original game in some while. Still we keep our creative side going by making stuff for Sonys Playstation Homes Virtual world. We create lots of Virtual objects/prizes/clothes/furniture and also we are very proud of our environments or scens such as the Midway areas.

We are going to introducing Midway 3 as soon as it is ready (gotta love self publishing :). We also have a few surprises for everyone in Home, but i cannot talk about them at the moment. Maybe Jack Buser might mention something this week at GDC (i can only hope!).

Anyway back to the point of this post. Today we had one of the things we have worked on the last month go Live. It is a Minigame that Sony asked us to make as a promotional item for the Cheez-Its brand. In fact we accumulate all the votes and a bunch of metrics for them. So your votes DO count.

This was one of those jobs where they asked us to create a Teleporter and Scene Minigame. They also asked that it be a bit like one of our existing minigames. so it was modelled on one of our games from Midway2. This was ok, but for me I was really hoping for a completely unique and original game. Still it was fun to redress and alter the game in various ways. Then we also added the back end Server support for all the vote tallying and metric collection. I am REALLY hoping that this Minigame accumulates Millions of Votes and hundreds of thousands of players. Then I am sure we will get more work and more interest in Home from Big companies looking to advertise etc.

I hope you enjoy voting and winning the two prizes. The hardest part of doing this minigame was in fact setting the Difficulty level :O  Personaly i think it too easy being able to cplete it with more than half the time left. Still Watching others play it live shows me going easy was a good move as i see so many of our frustrated animations being played. wow!

Have fun in there,

Da Voodoochief

http://sorcerygames.blogspot.com/2012/03/cheez-its-in-ps3home.html

plz leave him a comment about your thoughts about the game

PSHT Administrator-Lead Moderator GamerIndepth Photobucket

I`m not special ,,, I`m a limited edition

Ok just noticed addition of

"voodoochief blogged"

Message 6 of 8 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Mar 8, 2012

I can not beat level 1 of the Pop Goes the Weasel game in Midway 2 so I think I might not be able to beat this one.

I have a suggestion for Mass Media that you may please pass along. Please make clown make -up as a face item so we can still wear hats (aka head) and glasses with them. Thanks.

Message 7 of 8 (33 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1191 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Too easy? I'd hate to see hard because I couldn't beat the game in about 12 tries this morning.

Message 8 of 8 (33 Views)
0 Likes