Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: CHAMBER APT

Aug 6, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

Aparently, many people do know about the Chamber Apartment. Some have ehard about it and some have seen it. When I am giving tours, people ask to see it,

There is nothing wrong with having rare or exclusive items, clothing or apartments. It's one of the things that keeps people interested in Home and draws more people to it. It also helps encourage people to communicate more often. "Where'd you get that?" "Oh, I was a winner in a contest" or "I bought a game and it came with it".

Don't bemoan the fact that we can't have everything. Enjoy the fact that some people were able to get something that no one else has.

Lastly, these limited, exclusive and rare items, clothing and apartments helps make us more individualk and unique. II have seen discussions on how we all look alike. This is just one way of making us look different. In my book that's a plus.

I'm trying to reconcile this post with the one above. Because as I read this, and I may be reading too much into this, you seem to enjoy that you own the apartment, and that it gives you some standing as an individual for having it. You may be speaking in the general sense, and that's where I'm off in my analysis. If so, I apologize, as I generally agree with your positions, but I find this one a bit out of place with your character.

I must, however, draw issue with the line I've highlighted in red. This is a virtual world. Unless someone has earned something through hard work, such as the Iron Man costume, the EA Poker Crown, the Diamond Bracelet, etc., there is no reason to deny a user access to an item. It makes poor business sense, as has been eloquently pointed out, and it serves no purpose other than to create "haves" and "have nots," which is a poor framework upon which to build a virtual community.

I'm all in favor of preorder bonuses, limited time items that are souvenirs of events, and exclusive items that people work to obtain. Spy, I respect your slippery-slope argument; that is a legitimate concern.

But again, I need to ask this question: In what way is the functionality or the enjoyment of the Chamber Apartment lost if it gets released as a paid item? I don't see that particular question being addressed, just some side arguments as to why it shouldn't happen.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 51 of 87 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
29464 posts

Aug 6, 2010

Apparently, many people do know about the Chamber Apartment. Some have heard about it and some have seen it. When I am giving tours, people ask to see it,

There is nothing wrong with having rare or exclusive items, clothing or apartments. It's one of the things that keeps people interested in Home and draws more people to it. It also helps encourage people to communicate more often. "Where'd you get that?" "Oh, I was a winner in a contest" or "I bought a game and it came with it".

Don't bemoan the fact that we can't have everything. Enjoy the fact that some people were able to get something that no one else has.

Lastly, these limited, exclusive and rare items, clothing and apartments helps make us more individualk and unique. II have seen discussions on how we all look alike. This is just one way of making us look different. In my book that's a plus.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 52 of 87 (6 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
1040 posts

Aug 6, 2010

This space is not being re-released, guys - I'm sorry.

Message 53 of 87 (6 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Aug 6, 2010

Locust_Star wrote:

Thanks for the official word. Lots of talk going around about the return of limited time only items. There are other spaces guys and girls. Maybe we can get another promotion with a free space in the future.

Message 54 of 87 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4909 posts

Aug 6, 2010

Locust_Star wrote:

Glad you posted to settle it. Look forward to future exclusive offers and spaces.

Message 55 of 87 (6 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Aug 6, 2010

footballrule wrote:

Locust_Star wrote:

Thanks for the official word. Lots of talk going around about the return of limited time only items. There are other spaces guys and girls. Maybe we can get another promotion with a free space in the future.

With how things are going up in price, I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

Lev - Officer of LoS

Message 56 of 87 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Aug 6, 2010

Well,L_S..people obviously want something like this and I know those designers over produce...

Just do it man...I believe in you.

Message 57 of 87 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5846 posts

Aug 6, 2010
I love the chamber apartment and think they should bring it back. The question is, should it come back as a free space or should we have to pay for it now?
visit our webpage @ http://enchelada.pshomegazette.com/

friend me on fb @ http://facebook.com/TheWholeEnchelada

follow me on twitter @ http://twitter.com/WholeEnchelada

whatch the show on youtube @ http://www.youtube.com/user/cheladapsn?feature=mhee

Dont eat the hot dogs, dont eat the subs EAT THE WHOLE EN-CHELADA!

Message 58 of 87 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
779 posts

Aug 6, 2010

HearItWow wrote:

I'm trying to reconcile this post with the one above. Because as I read this, and I may be reading too much into this, you seem to enjoy that you own the apartment, and that it gives you some standing as an individual for having it. You may be speaking in the general sense, and that's where I'm off in my analysis. If so, I apologize, as I generally agree with your positions, but I find this one a bit out of place with your character.

In fact his prior post was the same thing that pushed me over the edge in my previous "rant" post, for which I apologize to the OP of this thread for having made.

I really don't care at this point trying to decipher the true meanings behind what he says because it's been clear to me in the past several posts of his that I have read throughout these forums, that his communication skills are somewhat falling downhill.

To seemingly say something in one post and then completely deny the same thing in another is both dumb and deceitful.

I have no problem with an exclusivity of items, but when it comes to personal spaces I draw the line. A Personal Space is not just an "item" it's a piece of content that you can actually experience and manipulate. And, of course, it's Personal

Message 59 of 87 (6 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Aug 6, 2010

I get where Conrad is coming from, and I understand his position. As an owner of the most controversial pants to ever grace Home, I felt guilty about having them. I get the limited nature of things, but I've never wanted something simply because it's limited. I tend to want things that appeal to me for personal reasons.

The point that Conrad makes is a good one; nobody should feel guilty for having a limited item. They should be able to enjoy the item without being called an "elite." In my case, I got those pants by getting to the theater 15 minutes before the start time of the event and waiting for it to play out. I know I was one of the lucky ones that night, but I don't feel special for having those pants. I just happen to like them. I'm a black jeans kind of guy.

I'll say two things and stop tormenting everyone with my annoying views:

1. We should strive to define ourselves through our actions and interests, not what we own or wear.

2. Home should, at all times, be inclusive to as many members of its growing community as possible. There should be rewards that are near-impossible to earn based on games, not someone's ability to Twitter a code. Limited-time events are great, but make sure that the time frame allows as many people to participate as possible. The Canada Day/July 4th event was a total win for the community. So are EA Poker Crowns.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 60 of 87 (6 Views)