VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Re: [CANCELLED] No More PSN Rewards Program Home Items

Mar 30, 2011

Redfield_82 wrote:

What about everyone else who has poured money into their accounts? Myself and alot of people I know purchase things almost on a weekly basis, is there some sort of special club you have to join to have a gotten these things? It's a little aggravating that only a certain amount of people got this stuff, I mean... nvm, from what I've seen on these forums alot of stuff falls on deaf ears, oh well.

it was a invite only closed beta. some people got invites, some didnt.

theres millions of people who have poured money into their accounts and have purchased stuff on a weekly basis, a lot of them didnt get in aswell.

nothing to get upset about, its just the luck of the draw. not like Sony purposely didnt chose you.

Message 11 of 53 (26 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Mar 30, 2011

Thanks, that makes me feel better.

Message 12 of 53 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Mar 30, 2011

Conrad_Max wrote:

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

I never got accepted into the Rewards program despite my loyalty, and now they're not going through with the Rewards program.

Good.  I'm not giving Sony a single cent of my money anymore.

---signature---
Japan: Graveman_XIII
Europe: Spartan_M25

No one said that the program will not be back at some future date. They have a lot of reports to go through and a few adjustments to make before PlayStation Rewards is to be returned to beta or set to go live.

The testers did their job. They tested the program and posted the issues they encountered. Now it's time to pull the program back, open it up and work on it more deeply.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Yeah the program just needs to be ironed out a bit it has some bugs in it and there going to fix it. I had fun doing it myself but I think not puting it out right now was a very good idea. I am hopeing theres another closed beta maybe biger as well to test it out if it comes out again (witch a lot of people want this program so I am sure it will come out sooner or later)

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg609/GvirusZombie/Umbrella_anigif.gif
Message 13 of 53 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Mar 30, 2011

I don't understand why people feel the need to attack Sony about this. Yeah, I was in the beta, and yes I hit Legendary. Even if I hadn't been in the beta, I wouldn't be cursing at Sony over scrapping the program. A Rewards program is a nice idea, but they don't have to reward you with anything.

You have purchased games, movies, Home virtual items, and DLC for the same reason we all have. You wanted it, and felt the price was worth the value. Claiming to never again spend a cent on PlayStation products isn't exactly mature, is it? I mean, you purchased things long before there were ever talks of a Rewards program, what's different now?

I will continue to spend my money on PlayStation, as it is the better gaming value, in my opinion. I will never understand those who get so upset that they feel the need to degrade their character by swearing over a virtual item. Is it that important to you? I hope that the program does get a fix, and eventually comes to light. However, it is better to be put on hold, rather than go live with the problems the program currently has.

To those who were in the beta, you know what I am talking about. To those who were not, I am sorry that you currently do not have the ability to earn your avatars, Home items, or themes. I mean that, I really do. Sony brings us a ton of amazing content all the time, and bashing them over a Rewards program that they initiated in order to thank their fans, is counter productive. Remember, they don't have to give you anything.

Anyway, that's just how I feel. I know many feel differently, and will attack me, claiming that if I had not been in the beta I would be ready with torch in hand for the riot. Believe what you want. My favorite reward from PlayStation was the simple emails they used to send just saying thanks. No codes for goodies, no special rewards, just a simple thank you. It's nice to be reminded that they value their customers, and I believe they will give this another try, just not for now.

Message 14 of 53 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Mar 30, 2011

Wait...a T-shirt is being given out as a reward item, and the Home community isn't screaming about it?

Remember this day, people. Remember this day.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 15 of 53 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Mar 30, 2011

I don't really get why they can't go ahead with it.

Message 16 of 53 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Mar 30, 2011

Because it didn't work properly and they're too busy fighting a futile battle with their illegitimate users to do anything that would benefit their actual legitimate users.

Which is monumentally stupid because I bet they would have far fewer illegitimate users if they just gave the ps3 good support to begin with.

I don't think we have much to look forward to with the ps3 at this point. Once they started this hacker battle on the psp it never got updated with anything but hacker-proofing crap... which they had to update every other week.

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.
Message 17 of 53 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Mar 30, 2011

stickydimes wrote:

I don't really get why they can't go ahead with it.

What, with releasing the Rewards program to everyone? That would be a bad idea, the Rewards beta program had some flaws and at times it was frustrating waiting for your status to change (it would take a month for your statsus to see you had bought and played new games, dlc, etc).... heck there were a few times where your status would go in reverse. Though I have put alot of money into getting my status up to where it is and was hoping to reach Legendary Status and get the final Home reward, Im kind of glad they are taking it down and going in deeper to fix the problems that had made the Rewards program a pain.

Message 18 of 53 (26 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
35 posts

Mar 30, 2011

Hey everyone,

PS Rewards team here; saw that you guys were talking about the PS Rewards Beta wrapping up, and thought we'd chime in!

First, thanks to those in the Home community that were also in the PSR Beta; you guys bring a whole new level of PS dedication and your feedback was awesome in the Beta. The main thing with the Beta, and the PSR program as a whole was just that through the feedback we received, we decided it wasn't quite ready to roll out on a mass scale just yet. There were a lot of awesome things that happened, and there were some things that we need to improve on. When we do something, we want to do it right; but rest assured, we will continue to work to make the PSN community the best in gaming with new and innovative offerings. The PS Home community is key to that as well! =)

Hope it clears up a few things, but we appreciate everyone's support!

- PlayStation Rewards

Message 19 of 53 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Mar 30, 2011

Hello and Thank you. I understand. We are a bit of a crafty bunch here so please include us in any further development of any programs as such. Also noted you took the time to officially let the Home users know. Thanks Again.

PSRewards wrote:

Hey everyone,

PS Rewards team here; saw that you guys were talking about the PS Rewards Beta wrapping up, and thought we'd chime in!

First, thanks to those in the Home community that were also in the PSR Beta; you guys bring a whole new level of PS dedication and your feedback was awesome in the Beta. The main thing with the Beta, and the PSR program as a whole was just that through the feedback we received, we decided it wasn't quite ready to roll out on a mass scale just yet. There were a lot of awesome things that happened, and there were some things that we need to improve on. When we do something, we want to do it right; but rest assured, we will continue to work to make the PSN community the best in gaming with new and innovative offerings. The PS Home community is key to that as well! =)

Hope it clears up a few things, but we appreciate everyone's support!

- PlayStation Rewards

Message 20 of 53 (26 Views)
0 Likes