10662 posts

Re: C'mon Capcom, No Love For Us?

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

Look what I found Smiley Surprised Thanks Joey Smiley Very Happy

https://twitter.com/Joeydale13/status/264053431457705984

Joe Dale‏@Joeydale13

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 22 of 33 (206 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Nov 1, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Joe Dale‏@Joeydale13

I just saw that on your Twitter feed. Very cool Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 33 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 1, 2012

halo_nothing wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Joe Dale‏@Joeydale13

I just saw that on your Twitter feed. Very cool Smiley Happy

Yeah would be sweet.

Ada Please with Crossbow! So many cool costumes they could make.

ada

Message 24 of 33 (172 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Message 25 of 33 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Glasswalls responds to 3rd party game content in Home here.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/November-Suggestions/m-p/38697093#M1143586

Im just going to say it. That response just stinks. People on this forum have banned together many times before to get 3rd party game related content in home, but if we cant even get the powers that be to give it a little push off the ground then theirs little hope. "If you cant get excited about what you do, how can you expect anyone else to?" At least Joey went to their twitter and asked if they need help with it. BTW: This is my official Vote to get re6 in home.
You can do it joey!!!!!! Woman Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 33 (132 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

GenomeGirl_33 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Glasswalls responds to 3rd party game content in Home here.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/November-Suggestions/m-p/38697093#M1143586

Im just going to say it. That response just stinks. People on this forum have banned together many times before to get 3rd party game related content in home, but if we cant even get the powers that be to give it a little push off the ground then theirs little hope. "If you cant get excited about what you do, how can you expect anyone else to?" At least Joey went to their twitter and asked if they need help with it. BTW: This is my official Vote to get re6 in home.
You can do it joey!!!!!! Woman Wink

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Seems like a half-assed answer if you ask me. 

I said it once and I'll say it again. It is YOUR job as the NA developers, to scout for gaming devs and get them to promote in Home, not ours as users. As for Joey, I'm totally rooting for him at this point, he seems to be one of the only devs around here that gives a damn and doesn't come up with excuses. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 27 of 33 (114 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

I think the problem we're facing is the Home team is too busy working with companies like nDreams.  I'm by no means saying that's a bad thing, but Sony isn't investing more to expand the team so they can keep branching out.

We need a Home team who specifically works with game devs to get Home support more out there.  How this team will operate is they will try to predict which titles will become a Greatest Hits (not too hard to do), and they will offer the devs of that title a free Home area to promote their game in exchange for a cut of the profits from the sales of related Home items (to support the building and upkeep of said area) and the devs implement some kind of Home support in their game itself (you do something in the game and you're rewarded with some kind of Home item).

The idea is that since this title will become a Greatest Hits, the Home support in the game will continue to bring people to Home well after the area itself is gone, and this will promote continued profit gain.

Message 28 of 33 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Nov 2, 2012

KatCall75 wrote:

I think the problem we're facing is the Home team is too busy working with companies like nDreams.  I'm by no means saying that's a bad thing, but Sony isn't investing more to expand the team so they can keep branching out.

We need a Home team who specifically works with game devs to get Home support more out there.  How this team will operate is they will try to predict which titles will become a Greatest Hits (not too hard to do), and they will offer the devs of that title a free Home area to promote their game in exchange for a cut of the profits from the sales of related Home items (to support the building and upkeep of said area) and the devs implement some kind of Home support in their game itself (you do something in the game and you're rewarded with some kind of Home item).

The idea is that since this title will become a Greatest Hits, the Home support in the game will continue to bring people to Home well after the area itself is gone, and this will promote continued profit gain.

I like your idea, however i just dont have that kind of faith in the sony home team to do this right. Now i think there is real potential here for outside companies like Ndreams, Lockwood, Mass Media, etc etc to approach the makers of certain titles. "Let us dev a few items from your game for home, work out the split of profits, everyone wins." If theres enough buzz in home about items from games, im willing to bet that will lead to a few more sales for that game. This will also leave       the developers of said game free to work on there game & not worry about the burden of marketing to home as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 33 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 2, 2012

GenomeGirl_33 wrote:

KatCall75 wrote:

I like your idea, however i just dont have that kind of faith in the sony home team to do this right. Now i think there is real potential here for outside companies like Ndreams, Lockwood, Mass Media, etc etc to approach the makers of certain titles. "Let us dev a few items from your game for home, work out the split of profits, everyone wins." If theres enough buzz in home about items from games, im willing to bet that will lead to a few more sales for that game. This will also leave       the developers of said game free to work on there game & not worry about the burden of marketing to home as well.

Nice idea.  Yeah, there are many ways they can go about it.  I still don't understand when a Sony game gets released and there's no Home support why that is.

Message 30 of 33 (82 Views)
0 Likes