Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: C'mon Capcom, No Love For Us?

Nov 1, 2012

WaveLightning777 wrote:
That stuff's time-exclusive, meaning we'll get it about a month later. Both sides of this console war have been doing that practically this entire generation.

Of course, its ironic... Capcom was my favorite 3rd party as of about 3 years or so ago, when RE5 was new. Nowadays its Namco with their apparently-renewed respect for the Tales fanbase.

I hope it does come, my hopes aren't that high though. Sucks that we suffer because of stupid quarrels between companies. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 11 of 33 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Nov 1, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

This is absolutely disgraceful. Where's the RE6 love for Home users? -__-

But you have to admit, it must be a HELLUVA lot easier to make their avatars.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 33 (281 Views)
Fender Bender
2692 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

And I was responding to Chad who specifically mentioned RE6...

nagon111 wrote:

WaveLightning777 wrote:
That stuff's time-exclusive, meaning we'll get it about a month later. Both sides of this console war have been doing that practically this entire generation.

Of course, its ironic... Capcom was my favorite 3rd party as of about 3 years or so ago, when RE5 was new. Nowadays its Namco with their apparently-renewed respect for the Tales fanbase.

Your only talking about RE6 about the time-exclusive. I'm talking about the whole Capcom lineup for several years. The only thing I can think off that Sony got exclusive was SF x Tekken. To name a few for Xbox, RE: ORC got exclusive DLC, Dead Rising got exclusive DLC and episodes, SF4 got extra features that PS3 version didn't get.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 13 of 33 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Well, its no secret by now, that CAPCOM does not listen to it's fanbase. AT ALL.

And this is self evident just based on the RE6 game itself. Fans wanted more survival/horror...we got LESS survival/horror, MORE action. Fans hated the coop integration and wanted it removed after RE5....Capcom gave us MORE annoying coop in RE6. Fans wanted the game to return to its SCARY roots, much like RE1 and 2 were, back in the day...

....Yet the ONLY thing scary about this game, was the SCRIPT! RE4 was a good game, but I didnt like the direction Capcom was taking the franchise. When RE5 came out, I saw they were taking it even further in the same direction, never bought it. Now that RE6 is out, I see STILL that Capcom is continuing down the same boring road. By this pattern, I can tell you right now...I wont even RENT RE7, let alone play the demo. IM DONE WITH RESIDENT EVIL. It died after RE3...

...May it rest in peace.

Back on topic: No...you prolly wont see or get any RE6 spaces, outfits, furniture or other game related items from Capcom. Cuz they dont listen to their fans.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 14 of 33 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 1, 2012

I love co-op. I find it to be really fun. I do both. I play solo and play co-op as well.

Smiley Happy

And I haven't played all the RE Games but personally I loved RE5 and am really enjoying RE6. I suppose I need to get to some of the older versions of the game to get a better feel for the history.

And it's not just Capcom. We need more interaction with real gaming companies. Really sad we don't have that for the most part anymore. 

Message 15 of 33 (240 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Well, im just bashing Capcom because I used to be one of their BIGGEST fans with the RE franchise. True story, but back in the day, if I heard a new RE game was coming out...I woulda donated blood for that game. It's just become something....very different from what it used to be. It's like someone took your best friend and replaced him/her with an imitation CLONE version and you KNOW this isnt the same person you knew all these years.

The game originally hooked me with its roots in being scary. Zombies coming out of nowhere, popping out at you and making you literally scream, LOL. Those intense moments where youre walking down a corridor and your palms are all sweaty and youre nervous and in fear of what might pop out at you around the corner. Moments like that, built and created the franchise for me.

Now, I pin those hopes and expectations of reliving that nostalgia for horror, on SILENT HILL. Downpour was eh..okay. They just need to go a bit further with it and not be so afraid to push the envelope with controversial experiences. Silent Hill 2 scared the CRAP out of me as a kid, and to this day...I still have nightmares about those poor orphans. LOL

I havent been scared like that in a LONG time. And I long await for the day where some dev comes along and scares me so bad, that I'll need therapy after beating the game.

Resident Evil is a good "action" franchise, for what it is....but to me, thats all it is.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 16 of 33 (229 Views)
Survivor
2394 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Shadow-Runner wrote:
Well, its no secret by now, that CAPCOM does not listen to it's fanbase. AT ALL.

And this is self evident just based on the RE6 game itself. Fans wanted more survival/horror...we got LESS survival/horror, MORE action. Fans hated the coop integration and wanted it removed after RE5....Capcom gave us MORE annoying coop in RE6. Fans wanted the game to return to its SCARY roots, much like RE1 and 2 were, back in the day...

....Yet the ONLY thing scary about this game, was the SCRIPT! RE4 was a good game, but I didnt like the direction Capcom was taking the franchise. When RE5 came out, I saw they were taking it even further in the same direction, never bought it. Now that RE6 is out, I see STILL that Capcom is continuing down the same boring road. By this pattern, I can tell you right now...I wont even RENT RE7, let alone play the demo. IM DONE WITH RESIDENT EVIL. It died after RE3...

...May it rest in peace.

Back on topic: No...you prolly wont see or get any RE6 spaces, outfits, furniture or other game related items from Capcom. Cuz they dont listen to their fans.

To be fair, I think they gave up on listening to the fans, and I can't really blame them.

When Resident Evil 4 was being developed, it was a "scary" game, but people complained it didn't have enough action, so it was completely redesigned.  Of course Capcom isn't going to listen to "there's too much action, not enough horror" when they heard the exact opposite before, especially since it seems they make a lot of money off of it anyway.

I do agree with your "It died after RE3" statement 100%.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 17 of 33 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Nov 1, 2012
LOL, thats cuz Capcom goes from one extreme to another, trying to find that "sweet spot" and...they just keep missing the mark on every game.

Fans: That last game was cool, but we'd like to see more action. keep it scary tho.

Capcom: Oh, so you want us to focus more on action? This next game is gonna be all about action. Its gonna be like Expendables meets Rambo, meets The Outer Limits. LOL

Fans: WTH did you do?! Theres no horror elements at all here! It's like you just made an action/adventure game and tossed in a few zombies and aliens. More horror please!

Capcom: Oh, our bad! We'll get it right with this next one. This next one, its gonna be a horror/gorefest mindtrip yo! Its gonna be like Saw meets, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, meets, The Walking Dead!

Fans: Are you high?! Now theres no action AT ALL! Do you people even know what the term "happy medium" means? It means just the right ammount of ACTION married with just the right ammount of HORROR to produce the most epic game of all time!

Capcom: Tell ya what. Were just gonna do what we want anyway and we KNOW you'll buy it, ya know why? Cuz it's RESIDENT EVIL, suckers! Now shut up and gimmie your monies! $$$$$$
Message 18 of 33 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Nov 1, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

This is absolutely disgraceful. Where's the RE6 love for Home users? -__-

You know darn well Chad that Capcom no longer Supports HOME in any way!  None of there games have Home Support in them since 2009!   If they still supported Home we had new Street Fighter costumes from Super SFIV and AE but NOoooo!  They don't want anything to do with Home.

Most likely it was HOME who contacted them back in 2009 and wanted the Deal!  And now HOME is like hey we got all these other people making Home item's now we don't need CAPCOM now. So we won't contact them for any NEW Home item's!

Whatever happened here it's not Good!  Home needs to get CAPCOM back on Home and get us new STUFF!

Nuff Saif!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 19 of 33 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Let's not forget Capcom got dumped on by Sony many many times with their PSN store releases in US and EU then they also got screwed over with releasing all their content in Home. Doesn't surprise me that Capcom aren't too happy with selling anything on the Sony stores. Still I wish they would Smiley Sad bring us Resi 6 clothing!!!

Shadow the old games were the best and I agree they always go from one extreme to the other

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 20 of 33 (184 Views)
0 Likes