GAPHome

General

Message 21 of 33 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Bring back the old ps home

Oct 29, 2012

they need to go back to their initial idea for home. Make it a social place, not a gaming place. They come onto home to get a break from gaming and meet up with their online friends.

Message 22 of 33 (170 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Yeah they should make a Time Machine or a Throwback space to allow people to at least visit the old spaces.

Right now there are public spaces that are seldom travelled that are just collecting dust so its not like they dont have the room.

Message 23 of 33 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
466 posts

Oct 29, 2012
how can u say home is better then ever when you haven't said anything good about this better than ever home? u kinda just proved the new home sucks xD
Message 24 of 33 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Oct 29, 2012
I just read on the EU Home forum that Europe's Home Halloween event is being hosted in their old Central Plaza space. Their thread is alive with happy sounds. I missed the old CP at first, but I am well over that now. I believe that with the patching of most of the old glitches, people would not be as happy with its return as they think. However, having a nostalgic return of CP for temporary holiday events has its appeal.
Posted Image

Message 25 of 33 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 29, 2012
Even if they don't bring back the whole thing, I do think they should bring back the gamers lounge. I absolutely loved that place. I was there more than cp. never knew why they took it out.
Message 26 of 33 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Blinded by Nostalgia. It's not that the spaces before were anything special, you just have fond memories of the times you spent there. Instead of complaining about progress, move with it and make fond memories in the new spaces.

"You can't stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting."

Message 27 of 33 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Homelings would love to see a return of both the open beta Central Plaza AND the closed beta Central Plaza.

That said, the open beta CP is the one that is sorely missed the most as it is the one that most beings have either hung out in, or have seen in videos.

The open beta Central Plaza was truly a glorious place to gather and visit with friends.

The Homeling Collective
Message 28 of 33 (109 Views)
Survivor
2254 posts

Oct 29, 2012

ipwnzj00 wrote:

Blinded by Nostalgia. It's not that the spaces before were anything special, you just have fond memories of the times you spent there. Instead of complaining about progress, move with it and make fond memories in the new spaces.

Am going to have to disagree with the "Blinded by nostalgia" part.

The open beta Central Plaza, with its wide open, park-like setting, was very much the equivalent of a real life park.

Am inclined to think that even beings who have never experienced that particular CP, if given the chance to visit, would love the space for what it was - a place to congregate, chat, and chill.

Personally speaking, there is currently no other public core space that has that appeal.

GISignature
Message 29 of 33 (102 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Oct 31, 2012

ipwnzj00 wrote:

Yea, I'm also going to have disagree with you on this one.

1. Most of us here are not trying to sell you that the last CP was the best in the world but the new one stink's there is way to much going on there are way to many ad's and not designed well at all.
  • an example of poor design is in the old CP you use to be able to goto the Bowling alley, Movie theater, gamers lounge, Mall and Xi when it was up and running.  Can you do that in the new CP?...  No!  only the mall.  Sony wants to get paid after all.

2.  The old CP has a funkshway a zen if you will the new CP overcrowding overwhelming.  To much advertising is not always a good  

Thing.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 30 of 33 (70 Views)
0 Likes