Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Re: Bring Central Plaza Back!

Mar 21, 2013

TitusF wrote:

I'll quote GlassWalls in a private message he responded to when I enquired about bringing such a space back in the form of a personal space or clubhouse.

"Not happening. Not worth the engineering and development time. Plain and simple. " 

Meanwhile, third party developers graciously creates content for Home social networking sites for nothing. While Europe releases old Home Square for it's users as a personal space.

Which just goes to show how much Sony and especially our NA Home staff cares about their users any more, and how little they value their own product.  If and when Home goes on *life support, NA Home will likely pull the plug first.

*although some might say Asia Home has been on life support for a couple years now - anyone been there lately?  It's like running around on a private server all day long.  Even Home Square where they automatically place you when you enter often has fewer than a dozen people, and most spaces are completely empty.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 21 of 34 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2691 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Enistachia wrote:

If you take a look in the reflection of my sunglasses you'll see a glimpse of the old Central Plaza.  I guess they haven't updated the reflections on the items in the Yetti vs Hunters space.

CP.jpg

Thats trippy. Awesome, but trippy.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 22 of 34 (153 Views)
Survivor
1979 posts

Mar 21, 2013

UltraPSX wrote:

Enistachia wrote:

If you take a look in the reflection of my sunglasses you'll see a glimpse of the old Central Plaza.  I guess they haven't updated the reflections on the items in the Yetti vs Hunters space.

You can also hear the bowling alley there even though you can't see it. So in a way CP never even left, just reskinned Smiley Frustrated

They should bring back the old music though, if anything because we need more music in the core spaces.

I'll have to go take a listen.  I would be nice to find outher CP teasures!! XD

Message 23 of 34 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 21, 2013

AssIey0Dodge wrote:

Every time I am on Home,

which is almost every single

day, I see people saying how

much they miss the Central

Plaza space. It is definitely time

to bring it back! Smiley Tongue

I rarely see anybody mentioning it except the occasional 'I'm bored' type of person standing in a corner totally ignoring all the awesome new stuff n places on Home so they can moan "It's not like it used to be" and hanker for the past.

Message 24 of 34 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Use the "Search" box at the top of the screen and toss your two-cents into the abyss of one of the most recent plethora of these "Bring Back CP" threads...

This topic is not new and not revolutionary. It's stale and pointless.

As for Sony "taking away CP from us without explanation", that's false, and everyone knows that. They took Community feedback that the Community was bored of the CP at the tune and wanted something fresh. The Hub isn't what many had in mind, but rather than continuously beat a dead horse over and over, trying to raise the dead here, suggest another space to replace the Hub.
Message 25 of 34 (117 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Mar 21, 2013

al2009man wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

Well in EU, they released thier old Home Square so a personal space, SO WHY NOT DO IT HERE WITH CENTRAL PLAZA!!

Well.

Please post this onto suggestions

so you may get your sugges to liiiiiffeee

so post it maybe

like that will do anything.

the Home staff knows we want this, the ball is in their court.

Message 26 of 34 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Grand_Moff wrote:
Use the "Search" box at the top of the screen and toss your two-cents into the abyss of one of the most recent plethora of these "Bring Back CP" threads...

This topic is not new and not revolutionary. It's stale and pointless.

As for Sony "taking away CP from us without explanation", that's false, and everyone knows that. They took Community feedback that the Community was bored of the CP at the tune and wanted something fresh. The Hub isn't what many had in mind, but rather than continuously beat a dead horse over and over, trying to raise the dead here, suggest another space to replace the Hub.

We sure had a ton of threads asking for something new. I certainly remember that. It's hard to make everyone happy. I will say I do miss Central. It was certainly better than the Hub but I do think management has made it quite clear it's not coming back.

Message 27 of 34 (112 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Mar 21, 2013

I like The Hub, I enjoy the music, the space, the owls, nothing wrong with the place.

Message 28 of 34 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 1, 2013
WISH PLAZA WAS BACK
Message 29 of 34 (50 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 1, 2013
I MISS CENTRAL PLAZA IT WAS MORE FUN NOW I DON'T SPEND TIME IN PS3 AS I USED TO BECAUSE THEY TOOK PLAZA AWAY
Message 30 of 34 (49 Views)
0 Likes