Jan 12 2014
By: CMCSAVAGE Big Daddy 12501 posts

Bring Back Pier Park Valentines....Please!

[ Edited ]
57 replies 915 views Edited Jan 12, 2014

I've never had the doom and gloom attitude that a select few seem to have on here, but over the last few months, I've certainly developed a less than favorable attitude towards the powers that be.

I was talking to a friend the other day, and we both agreed that this was the worst holiday season in Home's history. We got no Halloween, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas and no New Years events.

And before someone chimes in about what a Dev did, it's not the same as an official event. Unless these past event spaces are "like gone gone", there wasn't any reason why they couldn't have been loaded. Obviously something new would've been great, but nothing at all really sucked.

And so I ask, please give us Pier Park Valentines space.

Valentine's Day 2013.jpg

Message 1 of 58 (915 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

Re: Bring Back Pier Park Valentines....Please!

Jan 12, 2014
That 1 was good in a way, coulda been able to do more though....
Your 1st and ONLY 2-Time 2013 Digital Lesuire's Queen Of War!!~~

Never ask questions you don't wanna know da answers to!!~~

You don't have 2 love me,You don't even have 2 like me, But you WILL Respect me!!~~

Loved by few, Hated by many, Respected by All!!~~

The Fear of Death, is far greater then Death itself,
The Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear of them all!!

The Undertaker!!~~
Message 2 of 58 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Jan 12, 2014

This is one of my favorite event they re-skinned the space I love it they have nice stylist music definitely love the effort of this space if it don't come can the third party developer get a copy of this space & place it in the navigator? Smiley Happy

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 3 of 58 (862 Views)
MVP Support
14372 posts

Jan 12, 2014

I certainly loved with what they have done with the Pier Park public space. I hope Sony would remake it into the Valentine-themed one like last year, but with different events, different mini-games, and different rewards.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 4 of 58 (853 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Jan 12, 2014

younginflavor18 wrote:

I certainly loved with what they have done with the Pier Park public space. I hope Sony would remake it into the Valentine-themed one like last year, but with different events, different mini-games, and different rewards.

What if the newbie don't have it & they really really want it

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 5 of 58 (847 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jan 12, 2014

Are you saying that this holiday season was worse then Tikiween, Witchgiving and Maskmas?  New Years was the end is nigh and an alien ship that abducted people (I didn't even bother doing the New Years).  So I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.

I think we have all had the Doom and Gloom attitude on these forums at some point (me included of course) and I'm not sure what or if this is even relevant to the point you are trying to make.  If you take a look at the Valentine's Day poll taken last year there was no negativity in it and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

There was one issue and that was that the kissing game was not working properly by targeting the wrong person or even not working at all (glitching).  It would be nice to see this or a revamped (fixed) version of this space this year since I have to agree we all like to see Sony still involved in the community.

I will second this request whether from Sony or a Dev it really doesn't matter to me as long as we all have fun.

Message 6 of 58 (817 Views)
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Jan 12, 2014

Valentine's Day 2013.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Smiley Happy

Hello CMCSAVAGE Treasure Hunter.

I most agree agree that the Valentine park return to the Sony Playstation Home. I was most graced with the womens when I visited there and my mojo was working perfectly. 

Womens exchanged beautiful pics through the xmbs of their pretty selves to me helping build my album. This space was most magical and needs to return to the Sony Playstation Home.

Peace.

Obdule

Message 7 of 58 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Jan 12, 2014

ObduleMuammar wrote:

Valentine's Day 2013.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Smiley Happy

Hello CMCSAVAGE Treasure Hunter.

I most agree agree that the Valentine park return to the Sony Playstation Home. I was most graced with the womens when I visited there and my mojo was working perfectly. 

Womens exchanged beautiful pics through the xmbs of their pretty selves to me helping build my album. This space was most magical and needs to return to the Sony Playstation Home.

Peace.

Obdule

Oh, we all know you'll love it, Obdule. For the womenz

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 8 of 58 (797 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Jan 12, 2014
They should definitely bring it back, there's absolutely NO reason not to. It doesn't involve any third party licenses so they can just put it up again without issues. In fact, they could've brought back all the old holiday spaces and rewards, even the winter hullabaloo from 2011.

Obviously, brand new first party content would be nice. But bringing back the old ones is certainly better then nothing at all, especially for the people that missed them the first time.

I will say though that I wouldn't want to see tikiween, witchgiving, maskmas or alien new years return. They were all easily completed in an hour or less anyways, so in the case of those 4 "events"...nothing at all was better lol. But those were outsourced to LKWD anyways.

Whoever did stuff like pier park valentines and the older events needs to start doing them again, if not just please bring the old ones back. It shouldn't cost anything to do, and it can only potentially help Home by attracting new people and people that missed them before, it certainly won't hurt Home, at all.
Message 9 of 58 (772 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Jan 12, 2014

They have been making it clear for a long time now, without ever saying it directly, that 3rd party developers (and sometimes SCEE) are the only ones doing anything with Home. 

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 10 of 58 (740 Views)
0 Likes