Jan 11 2015
By: Ren_Echo Uncharted Territory 872 posts

Breaking News: Aurora Saved, Spunland Fades, Acorn Razed

[ Edited ]
15 replies 1452 views Edited Mar 4, 2015

We interrupt your regularly scheduled threads of "Home Connectivity Issues" and "I wan't a refund!" to bring you the following breaking news. NOTE: Due to recent issues with Playstation Home, this report is coming to you several days late.

01/05/2014 Breaking News: We have received a copy of a confidential letter from an anonymous source, sent by a spunner known as The Architect to Uncle Spun. This letter describes in detail what would happen should the Spun Seasons in Spunland fail to be observed. Our source has told us that this situation has indeed come to pass. "After the disappearace of the Spun Queen, the majority of Spun Engineers left Spunland Mansion and only a skeleton crew was left behind to maintain things. This was the state of things for several years but recently the remaining engineers were laid off following an eviction notice and no one was left to take care of things during the latest seasonal change."

A copy of the letter can be viewed here: http://spunland.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-min=2015-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2016-01-01T0...

Among some of the ill effects described in the letter is the appearance of Unspun Worms in Spunland. Reports have been coming in that at least three of these beasts have appeared. The following pictures were taken at the scene. Please be advised that they may not be appropriate for sensitive viewers but we're going to show them to you anyway. We will continue to follow this story as it unfolds.

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 1 of 16 (1,452 Views)
Welcoming Committee
2473 posts

Re: Breaking News: The end of Spunland?

Jan 11, 2015
Smiley Sad
 photo UTF-8BaW1hZ2UuanBn.jpg
Message 2 of 16 (1,406 Views)
Gaming Beast
1350 posts

Jan 11, 2015
Thank Ren_Echo, I heard about this in urban legend but is it true o.0?? I really need to drink a cup of coffee today 0.0??
Message 3 of 16 (1,349 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3347 posts

Jan 11, 2015

sam1online wrote:
Thank Ren_Echo, I heard about this in urban legend but is it true o.0?? I really need to drink a cup of coffee today 0.0??

I'm sorry about Spunland, but I'm even sorrier about Sam's coffee addiction. I know how hard it can be to break that habit, Sam!

The above comment is my opinion, except when I quote someone I disagree with, and unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 4 of 16 (1,330 Views)
Madmunki Official
158 posts

Jan 11, 2015

SonicSpunEndGauge.jpg

Big Spun Thanks @Ren_Echo - have a glance at our facebook page when you get the chance :-)

Oh and for anyone who would like some spunemes to add to their expressiveness on forums or elsewhere have a look here - just 'copy image url' on any of them to use - all are .png files with transparent backgrounds.

May the Spun be with you All!

madmunkid Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 16 (1,249 Views)
Uncharted Territory
872 posts

Jan 11, 2015

sam1online wrote:

@sam1online  Sadly Sam it is. When the news broke I quickly traveled to Spunland to see if it was true. I arrived during a Spun Storm and everything looked normal. However, after the Spun Harvest I noticed something moving in the distance. At first I couldn't make out what it was but as it approached I realized it could only be one of the Unspun Worms discussed in the letter. They seem content to just watch for now but I suspect they will become a problem as the amount of Spun in Spunland diminishes. Between this and the attack on Aurora, truly we are at The End of Days. We're going to need a lot of coffee then...

@madmunkid Spunland Thank You Small for the facebook shout out.. Here's a spuneme in action, lol. Seems its time for me to update my Neotopia signiture as I'm still using the Kickstarter one. Is the one you are using realeased to the general public?

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Message 6 of 16 (1,116 Views)
Madmunki Official
158 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2015

@Ren_Echo You're very welcome Smiley Very Happy

And yup, that signature is indeed intended for public use - it lives here: 

http://www.madmunkigames.com/neotopia_support_signature_500x54.jpg

Have a Spunday Sunday!

p.s. Love the spuneme use!

Message 7 of 16 (1,095 Views)
Gaming Beast
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2015

Greetings

Thank again @Ren_Echo for the Update, Spunkland is a cool place and it will surely be miss, even the First time i was there i didnt know the rules other fill in the blanks but it a cool place, also just wanted to say even thou the Worn is a bad omen in this situation, it always amazes me that some one will take the time to add things like this thus the say if were gonna go, were going out with a bang, i Salute you in honor of Spunkland, also to @VioletWinds  Yes Indeed but i do enjoy a cup of Coffee, and it hard to pass up at times 0.0!? Also Thank as well @madmunkid  for the update conformation and Spunemes, also before i end my comment i wanted to say we all rock here, remeber to always game on, take one step forward, and never give up, life thows it curb balls, but we take life to reaching challenges and discovering that Greatness Awaits, life in balence Smiley Happy

untitled.png

Message 8 of 16 (1,003 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Jan 12, 2015

madmunkid wrote:

SonicSpunEndGauge.jpg

Big Spun Thanks @Ren_Echo - have a glance at our facebook page when you get the chance :-)

Oh and for anyone who would like some spunemes to add to their expressiveness on forums or elsewhere have a look here - just 'copy image url' on any of them to use - all are .png files with transparent backgrounds.

May the Spun be with you All!

Thank you madmunkid!

I will always remind people of your neotopia world first n foremost whenever the discussions of virtual worlds come up.

It is great to see you guys at madmunki implementing a countdown, bringing acknowledgement n meaning to the ending of what was a favorite virtual home to so many on psn.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 9 of 16 (969 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
872 posts

Re: Breaking News: Unspun Worms Disrupt Spun Cycle

Feb 6, 2015

We interrupt your regularly scheduled thread "Days of our Alts" to bring you the following Spunland news update. End Times News (ETN) has been montoring the situation in Spunland after we broke the news reagarding the Kill Switch Counter. The Unspun Worms which appeared shortly afterwards have been dissipating Spun Clouds. Experts believe that if the rate of Spun Cloud dissipation increases much more, the Spun Cycle will stop and cause an environmental collapse in Spunland.

Although UncleSpun was unavailable for comment we spoke with a constructo spunner about the current situation. He spoke with a thick accent with occasional words in High Spunnerese so please excuse any translation errors. ETN is proud to present "Interview with a Constructo Spunner".

hmm.png

ETN: "There's been a lot of talk regarding the possible destruction of Spunland, what can you tell us about this?"

CS: "Destuction? Hmm.., that's not the term I would use. Uhm..., more of a dying off really. The flow of Spun is slowly decreasing over time."

ETN: "Based on the information we obtained in our last report, it seems as though this situation could have been avoided. Why wasn't staff keep on until the end of Home?"

CS: "Spun Engineers never do something without a reason, or in this case, uhm..., never not do something."

ETN: "So this was planned?"

CS: "Hmm..., Spunland, as you know and understand it, only exists in your realm because we routed Spun there from the Heart of Spun via the Great Spun Pipeline. The Architect, in his great wisdom, added a failsafe to the system. 'The Spun must be protected' as he is apt to say. As you mentioned, your realm will soon be coming to an end and all who dwell there will have to start anew in one of the Scattered Realms which will soon arise. But we can't have Spun flowing to a realm in which time has stopped. The results would be most unspun, uhm..., possibly a spunastrophe, so we allowed the Kill Switch Counter to activate."

ETN: "So this will result in the dying off you spoke of?"

CS: "Yes..., we have timed it so that the spun will run out in the last minute of the last hour of the last day. By coincidence, that day will also be a Coronation Day and therfore the day that the last Kings of Spun will be crowned."

ETN: "And what of the Unspun Worms? They seem to be disrupting the Spun Cycle."

CS: "The Unspun Worms are here due to the reduction in Spun and are dissipating Spun Clouds which will affect the Spun Cycle. The Spun Cycle is powered by dance so more dancers will be needed to counter the worms or perhaps dancers with Spun Cloud Heads will be needed. This outcome was not unknown to us. However, uhm..., as with most unspun things, the full impact can not be easily predicted. Other unspun things may develop as well as time goes on."

ETN: "So when the spun runs out, that will be the end of Spunland?"

CS: "The end? Hmm..., no, no, not the end, never the end. Some of these concepts do not translate well from High Spunnerese but I'll try to explain. Uhm..., think of this Spunland as a leaf of a tree. The leaf may fade away but the tree goes on. In the same way, this Spunland may fade but the Heart of Spun goes on. One day the Spun Queen will return and the way to Spunland will open again. A great call will go out across the Scattered Realms and all the spunners and spunlings will return to Spunland Mansion. Won't that be a sight to see?"

ETN: "Yes, it will."

CS: "Ah..., I must go now. Here, take this seed and plant it in your new home. Remember, in every Spun Seed lies the promise of a Spun Flower."

6996b419c6b9d50d2079f26a6127b5c3.png

ETN will continue following this story.

Message 10 of 16 (766 Views)