Fender Bender
1570 posts

Re: Bramblenook Farm Update (few walkthough)

Aug 28, 2013

Juggernaut should have made it clear in the $3.99 update description, that we were paying for the privilege to chop wood and collect gold to change the appearance of the farmhouse. And the amount of wood is unrealistic to change the skins for the house and then to pay to change them back is adding insult to injury.

I feel duped by them for spending money for a feature that they then expect us to spend our time chopping wood and selling crops/cattle for gold to use. If they had disclosed this fact in the description, I would not have bought the update. Lesson learned on my part. From now on I will be asking more questions before buying their products, as I do with many other developers who have been less than forthcoming with their product descriptions.

Posted Image
Message 11 of 21 (287 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Aug 28, 2013

wood cost reduced to 4000 and 1500 respectively.

I'm currently disabled and am typing on ps3 with feet. My grammar may be poor as this is difficult and tiring.
Message 12 of 21 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Do like the new update personally.. Been spending time and workin myself growing corn and chopping lot of wood to get to get to that lvl 5 and be able to remodel my home Smiley Wink

What mainly like the most besides the cows, remodeling options and swimming is the new 4 rewards in lvl 5 that you can craft & give to guests.. so its well worth it in my eyes.

Message 13 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1570 posts

Aug 28, 2013
@Y2David - Let me clarify my position. I am not disputing that the actual update is not up to par. The swimming animation Juggernaut added to all farms for free is awesome. It is the description of the $3.99 bundle which needs to be tweaked.

There are basically 3 things you buy in the update bundle, "the ability to change the look of your farmhouse, the ability to craft new furniture items, and add cows to your farm which includes a cow/calf companion.

If they had described the ability to change the farmhouse required us to use chopped wood and gold, then I would have no dispute with Juggernaut. I too appreciate the ability to gift new items to my friends, which btw clearly stated we would have to craft the items. i.e. chop wood and use in game gold.

But the main reason I bought the update was to change the look of the farmhouse. Even though they have now lowered the cost of wood and gold to make the changes to the farmhouse, the update description still does not inform the consumer that it will cost them time (via chopping wood and planting crops/raising livestock for gold). Would appreciate if they would have made this clear in their product description. Juggernaut should still update the $3.99 update bundle description and make this right for future buyers.
Posted Image
Message 14 of 21 (233 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Aug 28, 2013

I agree with you Mur 100% and also the idea that you cannot change back to the original look of the house is (again like you said) even adding more insult to injury.   Why cant you put back your house the way it was without paying?  

Message 15 of 21 (225 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 28, 2013
Any of you try contacting Juggernaut about this? You should have to unlock the house redesign first but after that should be able to switch between the ones you currently have free of charge.

They might reconsider if they see it to be a popular demand. Its possible they'll take this into consideration and make that change, they aren't barbarians lol
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 16 of 21 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1570 posts

Aug 28, 2013
Yes, I have already informed them via their Facebook page. No comment from Juggernaut so far, except to lower the amount of wood and gold it takes to change the farmhouse design. But thanks for the suggestion anyway. Smiley Happy Mur
Posted Image
Message 17 of 21 (204 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Aug 28, 2013

i tweeted them. also the 5 new craftables dont require purchasing expansion. the description is incorrect.

I'm currently disabled and am typing on ps3 with feet. My grammar may be poor as this is difficult and tiring.
Message 18 of 21 (180 Views)
Fender Bender
1570 posts

Aug 31, 2013

In fairness to Juggernaut Games they not only responded but took action to correct some of our concerns. I appreciate a developer that listens and works with us to optimize our Home experience.

Thank you Smiley Happy Mur

Here is Juggernaut's reply to my via their Facebook page:

Murray - we managed to push through a reduction in wood cost already and are working on an update which will allow you to switch to default house & any previously unlocked styles for no gold/wood cost. We'll also update the description of the bundle at the same time.

Posted Image
Message 19 of 21 (140 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Aug 31, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:
Any of you try contacting Juggernaut about this? You should have to unlock the house redesign first but after that should be able to switch between the ones you currently have free of charge.

They might reconsider if they see it to be a popular demand. Its possible they'll take this into consideration and make that change, they aren't barbarians lol

Juggernaut-movie.png

Clearly Juggernauts are NOT barbarians. Here is one "remodeling" a house. Smiley Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 21 (127 Views)