Jul 03 2007
By: SpaCeAcE~ Hekseville Citizen 380 posts

Booting Into Home

8 replies 3 views Edited Jul 3, 2007
Home is a great idea however I think it should be (If it isn't) compleatly integrated into the PS3 OS. For example instead of booting into the XMB like you do now you would boot into Home. You would still have access to the XMB but it would be through home (you press the PS button to bring it up, as is planned for in game XMB access in the 2.0 update). I think that booting home through the XMB would make it more a secondary function of the PS3 and more of an "Extra Game" that PS3 users may or may not use).

Play Games At Work www.TheGameDomain.com
TGD Arcade at http://thegamedomain.org/tgdmain/index.php?action=arcade
Message 1 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
600 posts

Re: Booting Into Home

Jul 3, 2007
i think this has been brought up before, the idea sounds fine, its just not everyone wants to go straight into Home when they start up their PS3
Message 2 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

Jul 3, 2007
Would be easy enough to be set as an optional feature, but it would be nice if it were that way by default to encourage players to remain active in Home.

Play Games At Work www.TheGameDomain.com
TGD Arcade at http://thegamedomain.org/tgdmain/index.php?action=arcade
Message 3 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jul 3, 2007
yea that is true about some people not using it, ive seen some posts on ps3 forums where some people said they werent interested at all in it and that they wouldnt use it. That seems odd to me but everyone likes different things I guess.

Anyways good idea about having it always load up Home firstly, I'd like to see that introduced at some stage.
Message 4 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
600 posts

Jul 3, 2007
Thats true about what u said about most people not likeing Home, people like to express themselves where people dont wanna hear it, thats all, its their own stupidity to post stuff like that when other posters are just going to disagree with it.

Like i said: I would like to see Home have a feature that allows u to be able to sign on to home when u start up the PS3 but with people disliking Home and not wanting that feature in, i dont think its gonna happen, atleast not when it first comes out
Message 5 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jul 3, 2007
i dunno how some people cant be looking forward to Home or how some people dont even wanna know anything about it, seems odd to me lol. I myself cant wait for it and if Sony implement features like this suggestion than Home can only get bigger and better
Message 6 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Jul 3, 2007
what about the people who dnt have internet and dnt use home
Message 7 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Jul 3, 2007
Well I'm assuming that having the option to load into Home at bootup is what they are suggesting.  I think it's a decent idea once there are options in home to do everything you can currently do in the XMB.
Message 8 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Jul 3, 2007
Yea there has been a thread started that has similar content about it....
Message 9 of 9 (3 Views)
0 Likes