Mar 26 2013
By: Phantom_Outlaws Hekseville Citizen 284 posts

Blocking trolls

[ Edited ]
18 replies 757 views Edited Mar 26, 2013

Not sure if i'm putting this in the correct thread but, assuming there will be another client for Home, will it be possible for when i'm blocking trouble makers, trolls, whatever these idiots are called these days, to alert them/ let them know that they've been blocked?

same way people are notified that when users try to send friend requests and it tells the sender that the receiver has made changes to their settings.

something as simple as "user has blocked/ignored you". when i blocked three jerks yesterday that was starting trouble, i blocked them, but they had no idea they were blocked. they continued to start a fight, upon me "physically" ignoring them (as in i didn't respond to them with words or avatar action) they eventually left.

notifying the "mentally ill" that they are blocked could deter them, i guess.

"human contact is awesome, try it sometimes"
Message 1 of 19 (757 Views)
Sackboy
403 posts

Re: Blocking trolls

Mar 26, 2013

IMHO, Best NOT to say anything and just Ignore them.  I would text "You are Ignored", but that doesn't deter them.  They'll just sit down at my feet then. Smiley Sad At least when they remained standing immediately after being Ignored, they'd be standing with their back to me so I wouldn't have to look at their fugly mugs!

Message 2 of 19 (303 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4145 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Moved from Home Support. Robot tongue

space_cape!!

Message 3 of 19 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

Phantom_Outlaws wrote:

Not sure if i'm putting this in the correct thread but, assuming there will be another client for Home, will it be possible for when i'm blocking trouble makers, trolls, whatever these idiots are called these days, to alert them/ let them know that they've been blocked?

same way people are notified that when users try to send friend requests and it tells the sender that the receiver has made changes to their settings.

something as simple as "user has blocked/ignored you". when i blocked three jerks yesterday that was starting trouble, i blocked them, but they had no idea they were blocked. they continued to start a fight, upon me "physically" ignoring them (as in i didn't respond to them with words or avatar action) they eventually left.

notifying the "mentally ill" that they are blocked could deter them, i guess.

Sounds like your question is for Home on the PS4.

Nobody knows that yet, Sony hasn't even mentioned Home in regards to the PS4 yet.

However there is an idea, that would solve the issue you speak of:

Quote D-Nitrate:

Improve the Ignore Option:  We should have the ability to not only make the avatar of someone that we are ignoring to disappear from our view - and not just make it appear as though they are looking away from you, but it should also make our avatar disappear from their view.  As it is, even if you ignore someone, from their POV they can continue to harass other avatars for the amusement of their friends around them.  If instead our avatar disappears from their view, it would end the incentive of abuse.  This also will help now that some LMOs are getting so huge and can be used to block someone view.  If we had the option to make them vanish that would help a great deal.

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/What-is-it-we-want-PlayStation-Home/td-p/39...

D-Nitrate and others have mentioned making ignored users completely disappear, from your screen, n you disappearing from their screen so that the 'trolling' motivation ends.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 4 of 19 (280 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

I have little trouble with trolls. I simply put them on ignore which I find very easy to do. I understand they can continue with their antics but personally once they stop for me they get bored pretty quickly when they don't get the attention.

I'm always sure to tell them welcome to ignore by the way to be sure they know. 

Having them vanish in your eyes won't have them vanish in the eyes of other users. I suppose it's one step further given you won't see them but that won't stop what they do either. 

Message 5 of 19 (272 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3105 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I have little trouble with trolls. I simply put them on ignore which I find very easy to do.

I swear you just post and don't read anything but the title. She said she puts them on ignore, but she wishes they could be notified of that fact.

I make sure to notify them.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 6 of 19 (261 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I have little trouble with trolls. I simply put them on ignore which I find very easy to do.

I swear you just post and don't read anything but the title. She said she puts them on ignore, but she wishes they could be notified of that fact.

Ignoring works very well.  I do that here on the forum too. In this case I'm making an exception. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 19 (256 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3105 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Ignoring works very well.  I do that here on the forum too. In this case I'm making an exception. Smiley Wink

*yawn*

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 8 of 19 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Mar 26, 2013

This constant complaining about "trolls" is becoming more annoying than the trolls themselves.

Message 9 of 19 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Lol.

Nobodies perfect!

Personally I really don't care what the trolls know or don't know. I rarely even use ignore n I don't respond to them anyway or if I do respond I do so in such a way that makes them think that maybe what they are doing serves no purpose for even themselves?

To get a troll to change into a cool person is a wonderful thing, not saying that anybody needs to do this, but little things *could* help (not really sure if they do) the evolution of an 'idiot' into someone that you may appreciate.

Also, I consider the fact that they may be young children, 14 or so.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 10 of 19 (232 Views)
0 Likes