Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Re: Big feeling about this

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

The ps4 is new, new hardware, new code, new account.  No backwards compatability with ps3.  Hence, psn is old, and designed for ps3.  With ps4 everything should be new.  New stuff all around.  The saying goes  "Out with the old, in with the new."  So I made a educated guess that psn is strictly for ps3.  Ps3 won't go away when ps4 comes out.  You might need to balance two consoles and two accounts if you want to use both consoles.  What would happen if you log in to both ps4 and ps3?  think about it.  How would you continue to use both ps3 and ps4 consoles at the same time?  If you want to be online at the same time with both consoles.

Message 11 of 34 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Hazgazemos wrote:

The ps4 is new, new hardware, new code, new account.  No backwards compatability with ps3.  Hence, psn is old, and designed for ps3.  With ps4 everything should be new.  New stuff all around.  The saying goes  "Out with the old, in with the new."  So I made a educated guess that psn is strictly for ps3.  Ps3 won't go away when ps4 comes out.  You might need to balance two consoles and two accounts if you want to use both consoles.  What would happen if you log in to both ps4 and ps3?  think about it.

just the same as if you logged into your account on one ps3 when another one was logged on under your name. YOu'd log in under the account you just hit " log on " on, and the other account that was already logged on would get logged out automatically. 

Message 12 of 34 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

>

Message 13 of 34 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Hazgazemos wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

Hazgazemos wrote:

The ps4 is new, new hardware, new code, new account.  No backwards compatability with ps3.  Hence, psn is old, and designed for ps3.  With ps4 everything should be new.  New stuff all around.  The saying goes  "Out with the old, in with the new."  So I made a educated guess that psn is strictly for ps3.  Ps3 won't go away when ps4 comes out.  You might need to balance two consoles and two accounts if you want to use both consoles.  What would happen if you log in to both ps4 and ps3?  think about it.

just the same as if you logged into your account on one ps3 when another one was logged on under your name. YOu'd log in under the account you just hit " log on " on, and the other account that was already logged on would get logged out automatically. 

Hence the need for separate accounts.  PSN for ps3 and SEN for ps4. 

We don't have info if we'll be logged out when using PS3 and PS4 with the same account at the same time. We can log in on our PSP and PS Vita without logging out on our PS3, so it might work. But then I don't know how it'll works when playing the same titles, such as DCUO.

So maybe yeah, it might be wise to make a seperate account for just PS4. But I still believe it's not required and we can still use the same account.

Message 14 of 34 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Hazgazemos wrote:

Hence the need for separate accounts.  PSN for ps3 and SEN for ps4.   SEN is suppose to be region free.  Smiley Happy

You got that part mixed up. It's the same as how PS3 is. Any regional game released can be used on any PS3 hardware. Only the store is restricted by it's regional account.

Message 15 of 34 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Incomplete thoughts.

Message 16 of 34 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Hazgazemos wrote:

The ps4 is new, new hardware, new code, new account.  No backwards compatability with ps3.  Hence, psn is old, and designed for ps3.  With ps4 everything should be new.  New stuff all around.  The saying goes  "Out with the old, in with the new."  So I made a educated guess that psn is strictly for ps3.  Ps3 won't go away when ps4 comes out.  You might need to balance two consoles and two accounts if you want to use both consoles.  What would happen if you log in to both ps4 and ps3?  think about it.  How would you continue to use both ps3 and ps4 consoles at the same time?  If you want to be online at the same time with both consoles.

If I could give you a negative kudos, I would. Your logic is completely screwed up. I have no idea where you even get all this from. PSN IS SEN account. Apparently you weren't here when they announced that. Stop spewing false "information" you obviously know nothing about.

Message 17 of 34 (112 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

That's because the logic got broken with edits.  It is all disconbobulated now.  Believe or don't believe do some google search on the EU and other playstation forums. 

Message 18 of 34 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Hazgazemos wrote:

That's because the logic got broken with edits.  It is all disconbobulated now.  Believe or don't believe do some google search on the EU and other playstation forums. 

Sign up for a new PSN and account and see what is says, SONY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK account.

Message 19 of 34 (96 Views)
Sackboy
459 posts

Jun 20, 2013

as another poster has pointed out we already have sen accounts here  try login with your psn details   http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/home/ 

Message 20 of 34 (82 Views)
0 Likes