Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: Big Sale This Week on Some Serious LOOT!

Jul 1, 2013

WOW! THATS A BIG SALE...Looks like im going broke this week

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 11 of 84 (539 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jul 1, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
I payed the full price when it dropped..
No i dont want a refund.

but i never got the loot active light item with my purchase. Is there any chance it will eventually pop up later or should i just chalk it up as a loss?

PM the LOOT OP to see what can be done and report back to us if they say sorrry you get nothing, then I wont buy anything...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 12 of 84 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Jul 1, 2013
Dont count it out on my behalf jimmy. Im not going to try to sell it to you or anything but I could have not received half the stuff in the bundle and it would have still been well worth the 14.99 i payed. 9.99 is a steal.
Message 13 of 84 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Nice to see sales. Thank you! Smiley Happy

Indeed.... Except the Hollywood House Bundle has ONLY been available for a month.

The correct action should have been to refund or offer a special deal for those that paid $20 for it.  Instead, they are likely going to lose a lot of brand loyalty - and to discourage purchaseing new LOOT items for at least a month after they get released.   It's just a very poor PR move on their part, which is the opposite of what a "sale" is supposed to do.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 14 of 84 (488 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Jul 1, 2013

LOOT_Lindsey wrote:

Celebrate Hollywood style! This week, in celebration of Canada Day and 4th of July, get some super sweet discounts from LOOT on several of our most popular items. Choose between the Hollywood Hills House Ultimate Bundle, the Hollywood Hills Nighttime Personal Estate or the Hollywood Hills Nighttime Clubhouse. If that’s not enough, the LOOT Radio or TV Bundles are on sale too! There’s something for everyone, so be sure to check out the LOOT Store today and throw the best pool party in all of Home!

HHH

Wow, awesome price on the HHH bundle! Lucky for me I spent all my money when I stalked Lindsey at E3 that week and didn't buy it yet! Smiley Tongue

I love love LOVE mid-century modern interior design and "Googie" architecture, so the Hollywood Hills House and the Stalh House it was based on both have a special place in my heart. I even recreated it in LBP2 for the LittleBigPrius contest!

(Hey, since I did a nighttime version of it first, I should get 1 free, right? LOL worth a shot! Great sale anyway.)

Message 15 of 84 (480 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Jul 1, 2013

If only I can get some nice TVs for $6 instead of 6.......hundred each Smiley Wink

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 84 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3271 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Wow, it's a good thing I already have a spare PSN card at home!

Message 17 of 84 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jul 2, 2013

I already had hollywood daytime place which I bought a couple years ago for $5.  So let me get this straight now I am supposed to pay $10 just to have the same place at night?   If thats the case thanks for absolutely nothing.  Also I paid 14.99 for original tv bundle and they didnt work right for a few months if I remember correctly and now everyone is getting them for $6.    Thanks for ruining my day.

Message 18 of 84 (401 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Can't beat the prices on the sale imo , 6 bucks for TV bundle and 9 bucks for HH bundle is about right imo. I have spent more and recieved alot less so this looks very nice.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 19 of 84 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Jul 2, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I already had hollywood daytime place which I bought a couple years ago for $5.  So let me get this straight now I am supposed to pay $10 just to have the same place at night?   If thats the case thanks for absolutely nothing.  Also I paid 14.99 for original tv bundle and they didnt work right for a few months if I remember correctly and now everyone is getting them for $6.    Thanks for ruining my day.

You get the nighttime personal space and nighttime clubhouse and daytime clubhouse and all the other items pictured for $9.99 with this sale price.

HHH

I already own the original HHH personal space too. Seeing as how most personal spaces and clubhouses start around $4.99, the 3 new spaces alone made it worth the regular $14.99 price. I admit, I'm not a fan of the forced-bundling in this case; I probably would have just bought the nighttime clubhouse at regular price, if that was an option. I already have the TVs, active camera, active light and maybe 1 or 2 other items included in the bundle, so I'm glad Loot included some brand new items with the bundle to add more value. At $9.99 though, it's more than worth it, in my opinion. Like I said in my previous post, I'm a big fan of mid-century modern design and "Googie" architecture, plus I'm an LA girl so yay Hollywood.

As with anything in Home or in the real world, only you can decide whether something is worth spending your own money on. However...it's probably not the best idea to yell at a developer for having a sale, which doesn't happen nearly enough in Home. Personally, I'd love to see more sales!

Message 20 of 84 (383 Views)