Sep 05 2007
By: Yami_Yasi Hekseville Citizen 318 posts

Beta elegibility questions

5 replies 4 views Edited Sep 5, 2007
First is the easy one, if I'm in Canada, I should be able to get in the second wave beta right?

Second.  My GAP/PSU account is different from my account that is signed on on my PS3.  But I registered my PS3 on my PSU/GAP account.  Does this affect my chances of getting in the "future" beta test?

please refrain from being a minimod
Message 1 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23950 posts

Re: Beta elegibility questions

Sep 5, 2007

Yasihiko wrote:
First is the easy one, if I'm in Canada, I should be able to get in the second wave beta right?

Second.  My GAP/PSU account is different from my account that is signed on on my PS3.  But I registered my PS3 on my PSU/GAP account.  Does this affect my chances of getting in the "future" beta test?

BETA FAQ FOR THE PLAYSTATION(R)3 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
=================================================================

We appreciate your interest in participating in our beta program(s) for the PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system. To address some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the beta program for the PLAYSTATION(R)3 system, we have provided the following list of questions and answers for you below:

1. Question: How do I become considered for beta tests for the PLAYSTATION(R)3 system?

Answer: To be considered for a Beta for the PLAYSTATION(R)3 system, the user must be at least 18 years old with a valid PLAYSTATION(R)Network account. We receive many more registrations for a Beta test than we can responsibly accept, so users are selected such that we have a desired weighting of different geographic, demographic, internet usage, and game play variables as required by that particular game's beta testing goals.

2. Question: To become a beta user for the PLAYSTATION(R)3 system, is a user required to have an existing PlayStation(R) Underground(TM) account (use an email address from the PSU)?

Answer: The user does not need to have a PSU account at first, but they will end up with one. By the time a user is accepted to a Beta, and logs in to PlayStation.com to access the forums and Beta Central tools, the email address used to sign up for the beta, if not fully set up, will be completed by the user upon first access to the boards and Beta Central tools.

3. Question: To become a Beta user, does a user need to have a PLAYSTATION(R)Network account (email)? Master or Sub Account?

Answer: For downloadable PLAYSTATION(R)3 betas, a valid PLAYSTATION(R)Network master or sub account email address can be submitted, provided that account is for a user that is at least 18 years of age.

4. Question: Can a user sign up for a beta without a PLAYSTATION(R)Network account and be accepted?

Answer: A user can not be considered for a PLAYSTATION(R)3 downloadable beta unless they are at least 18 years of age and have a valid PLAYSTATION(R)Network account at the time of applying for the beta test.

5. Question: Can I change my email address for my PLAYSTATION(R)Network account after I applied to a beta?

Answer: A user should not change their PLAYSTATION(R)Network email address after applying for a Beta test. This email should not be changed until after the Beta test is complete. Changing the email address after applying for a beta may cause issues attempting to access the beta.

6. Question: If a user who is accepted to the Beta cannot download the Beta, and that error is due to a different email address being accepted than the PLAYSTATION(R)Network email address, will changing the email address in the PLAYSTATION(R)Network to the one accepted fix the problem?

Answer: Yes, provided that PLAYSTATION(R)Network email address was accepted to the beta and that email address is associated to the same user.

Techically you don't need an account here at all, as seen above. I don't really know what you mean by "different", I'm guessing you mean the handles and if you do the handles doesn't matter at all. I would use the same email address on both accounts, though - Just to be safe.
- DoubleOSpoon
Message 2 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

Sep 5, 2007

Yasihiko wrote:

At this rate, I don't think there is going to be a second wave.
Message 3 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3915 posts

Sep 5, 2007

Eararaldor wrote:

Yasihiko wrote:

At this rate, I don't think there is going to be a second wave.

ditto...
Message 4 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Sep 5, 2007
People still going on about the beta?It is not like it is a long wait for the final product.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1869 posts

Sep 6, 2007
guys let me make this clear....NO BETA!!! and most likely its going to get pushed to november...or even then might be pushed bcak till the last day of fall.....
want to win cool stuff for free? PM ME for INFO!
Message 6 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes