Highlighted
Apr 26 2007
By: TheLostChild Ghost of Sparta 17231 posts

~Beta Information~

328 replies 14 views Edited Apr 26, 2007
After looking over the Beta Site (Link) I've come to the following conclusions...

To participate in the PS Home Beta you must: (Taken from the EULA):

"You must be over 18 years of age and a PSN Master Account Holder to participate in the Trials".

Also, it always refers to itself as "SCEE" which leads me to believe this MAY or MAY NOT be a Europe only BETA Test.

I'd also like to address the rumors of this BETA being G.A.P. only. These rumors have no basis. BETAs, for games and otherwise, have always been open to both GAP and Non-GAP members. The only BETA I know of that was GAP only, was well, the testing of the GAP 2.0 Website itself. No where on the Beta Site does it mention GAP in any way, shape or form. So odds are, it'll be open to all. And to add to my theory, just the fact that www.homebetatrial.com doesn't ask you to sign into your PSU Account to verify whether or not you are a GAP Member, makes me think that it won't matter whatsoever.

Now, you may be asking yourslef "Why do I have to be 18 to participate in this Beta Test?" Well, here's what it probably is...

The first, and most likely reason that they make you be 18 for this beta, is that they may have you sign what's called an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) which is a legally binding document stating that, well, your lips are sealed in regards to the Beta and what's contained in it. And to sign this without a parent's consent, you must be 18

And secondly, if the former is not correct, it could just be their policy regarding Beta tests

Now, I've emailed the supplied email address, however, I don't expect a response. Mind you, if I do get a response, you guys will be the first to know The email is as follows:

"Hi there,

I was wondering what information you could provide me concerning the PlayStation Home Beta Trial

For example,

Who is this BETA Open to? Only those located in Europe? Or those in North America and Japan as well?
When will the BETA Site accept invitations?
How big of a BETA will it be?

That's it, Thanks for your time,
--- My Name"

Well, guess who just got a very barren email back from them? Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the Home Beta Trial.

We are not yet taking applications for Beta Trial participants, and regret that we cannot enter into correspondence from this email address. However, please keep an eye on www.homebetatrial.com for the latest announcements on the Beta Trial.

Thank you again for your interest.

The Home Team"

I just found out the numbers for the BETA Period. It seems there will be two BETA Periods, anyways, read on...

Q: What is the timeline for rollout?
Closed Beta (appx. 15,000 users): April - August
Open Beta (appx. 50,000 users): August - October
Service Live (50,000+): October

Source

~Beta Invites Have Been Sent!~

Most people should've recieved an email notifying them to sign up for the Home Beta Trial. These are the final requirements it seems:

REMEMBER:

• Home Beta is open to legal U.S. or Canadian residents 18 years or older who are currently registered PlayStation® Underground™ members.<script></script>
  • Participation in Home Beta means you will be subject to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Privacy Policy and will receive further communications from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
  • You must accept the Home Beta Trial Agreement to sign up.
  • Not everyone who signs up will be accepted.
  • If you are one of the chosen few, we will notify you via email.

Good luck all! Hopefully, I'll see you in the Beta

Message Edited by TheLostChild on 04-25-2007 09:09 PM
Message 279 of 329 (14 Views)
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: ~Beta Requirements~

Mar 8, 2007
good work on pulling that up for people!
Duke
Gamertag: Dalai_Llama
XBL:NATO Duke
Message 1 of 329 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
641 posts

Mar 8, 2007
Well,

Check on age
Check on PS3 Im Good to goSmiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 329 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17231 posts

Mar 8, 2007

BigNRich1010 wrote:
That would stink if it was invitation only. Or G.A.P. only. Well, as I am in the G.A.P. that wouldn't matter. I just hope its a Beta for anyone that wants it. Should be great!

Well, BETAs are typically some form of Invite Only, but as you can see on the site:

"Keep checking back on this site to register an interest in taking part in an exclusive closed Beta Trial of Home™"

At some point in time you'll be able to submit your info, and hopefully in the end, they'll choose you to participate in the Beta, just keep your fingers crossed.

Also, I've updated the thread on this whole GAP Only rumor..
Message 3 of 329 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
641 posts

Mar 8, 2007
I wouldnt dout it being register from ps3.. and ps3 can only read the site.. i wouldnt dout it being like that.
Message 4 of 329 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
704 posts

Mar 8, 2007
darn i am 16....i hope that age thing gets changed causes i really want to try this thing out....please sony change the age policy!
Message 5 of 329 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Mar 8, 2007
Oohh man... i dont remember if I dont remeber what I put down as my age, brb.
Message 6 of 329 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17231 posts

Mar 8, 2007

TimmeX wrote:
I wouldnt dout it being register from ps3.. and ps3 can only read the site.. i wouldnt dout it being like that.

You could very well be right. But right now, we have no idea, but considering the way PSP Beta Tests worked, I wouldn't doubt it. However, it'll still need to be a download, considering it launches from the XMB itself, so it'll read your PSN ID and check if you've been permission to A) Download the Home Service, and B) Access it. It'll probably be tight security
Message 7 of 329 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
641 posts

Mar 8, 2007
Well have to wait and see. But im looking at PS3 reading and seeing if your registerd to that. or what you said."TheLostChild"
Message 8 of 329 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17231 posts

Mar 8, 2007

TimmeX wrote:
Well have to wait and see. But im looking at PS3 reading and seeing if your registerd to that. or what you said."TheLostChild"

I don't understand what you mean. "PS3 Reading"?
Message 9 of 329 (14 Views)
0 Likes