Feb 07 2013
By: TheLunaticParade Lombax Warrior 159 posts

Bet this could bring hilarity....

[ Edited ]
18 replies 248 views Edited Feb 7, 2013

Sadly if you removed the laugh emote/preset for a week I bet 3/4 of the community couldn't function properly. They need to have they're daily laughing seizures to feel at home I guess. Another note ...... Have you seen anyone in real life that when they laugh its a fully body motion or convulsions.

Home has its own CIA, Didn't you know? .....Contradiction,Ignorance,Assumption.
Everyone is a lunatic its just when will they break from the asylum, I have.
Trolling? Pfft .... Entertainment.
Message 1 of 19 (248 Views)
Survivor
1454 posts

Re: Bet this could bring hilarity....

Feb 7, 2013

I hate that emote.  I think it looks dumb as hell.  Smiley Indifferent  DG

Posted Image
Message 2 of 19 (219 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Feb 7, 2013
;^) It's exaggerated pantomime, to make it more readily recognizable. Many of the gestures are.
Message 3 of 19 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

I hate that emote.  I think it looks dumb as hell.  Smiley Indifferent  DG

I agree. I'd much prefer a down-home, backwoods knee-slap followed by gut-holding howls. Then I'd KNOW they were seriously laughing... Smiley Indifferent

Photobucket
Message 4 of 19 (182 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Laughing comes in many ways to show it. But I must admit I laugh just like how the emote shows it in a way. Just remember, the emotes don't have any noises with them. Some people laugh with no physically moment at all, just a noise.

YB

Message 5 of 19 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 7, 2013

TheLunaticParade wrote:

Sadly if you removed the laugh emote/preset for a week I bet 3/4 of the community couldn't function properly. They need to have they're daily laughing seizures to feel at home I guess. Another note ...... Have you seen anyone in real life that when they laugh its a fully body motion or convulsions.

That emote is an important part of "fam" culture. It seems to be a cornerstone of their interactions and is just as important as wearing silly clothes and saying "mic^".

I've learned that such an individual is NOT having a grand mal seizure and there's no need to demand his friend's wallet to place in his mouth to keep him from biting his tongue. It's also probably not a good idea to run away with said wallet after it's handed to you.

Message 6 of 19 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Feb 7, 2013

I know that, Was merely saying if it was temporarily removed. Some users would not be able to function properly. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 19 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 7, 2013

It's used as a source of ridicule by some in the community when harrassing others. I agree it's one of the lamest emotes in my view. Now that the new ignore feature has come about emotes are no longer and issue which is wonderful.

Message 8 of 19 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

I just think its slightly hilarious that a percentage of users have grown to depend on an emote during said harassment, Its sort of ridiculous kind of like the old trolling of "immaturely crouching on female avis or dancing on other users" Low in most peoples eyes, Even low in other harassers eyes.

Message 9 of 19 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Feb 7, 2013
I think the LAUGH, shouls be banned. People abuse it many ways. Especially when trying to start fights and think they are making points. Esepcially in families, seen it time and time again. The LAUGH, is a rude not what it should be. Users abuse big time. And, it comes off complely wrong a lot. People would abuse it on here if they could.
Message 10 of 19 (125 Views)
0 Likes