Dec 18 2010
By: Xulap Splicer 67 posts

Best TV in estate? Hollywood Hills or Amaterasu Experience?

6 replies 18 views Edited Dec 18, 2010

This is like my 3rd thread about these two apartments.. I'm still debating which one to get.. 

There's only one thing holding me back from my decision, and I'd like help. I swear this is my last thread about this. 

So, yeah. For those who own these spaces, I just would like to know for sure which of the two TVs in the apartments have the best content, which has more, etc... Tell me everything you can about these TVs.

I've heard different opinions about the TVs, but it's still not so clear to me which TVs the best, or if they're both now offering the same content.

Thank you in advance...

Message 1 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Re: Best TV in estate? Hollywood Hills or Amaterasu Experience?

Dec 18, 2010

I can only give my thoughts for Amaterasu Yacht. I have spent a few hours one night watching the videos with my boyfriend. There was so many different types of videos playing. One thing I can say, is there was ALOT of cuss words. It was not censored. Alot of the vids were comedy. I had a good time watching alot of them. They had all episodes of The Tester. If I had to just guess, theres around 50 vids streaming, and they seemed pretty much synced too. Super quality too. As for the rest of the space. It is really small, and hard to decorate. Its a Yacht, The Hollywood Hills space has much more room for entertaining people. I just dont know what is on that screen to help you decide. Feel free to add me if you would like to come hang out any time. I dont mind meeting new people one bit. 

Roaring_Twenties Trophy Card
Message 2 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Dec 18, 2010

If you're buying based on the TV...don't. The problem is that while you may like the content on the TV today, the trend is that it does not update, so when they have a ton of new content it may be that they just sell it with a new space like they did with the yacht. Then your left, like I am, kicking yourself for buying a space with about 20 minutes of content when the new one comes out with a ton more. I would wait for at least one more space to come out with the TV to see what they do with it before buying a space just to get the TV.

I'm more than a little unhappy about this because I was sold the Hollywood Hills space with the promise that content woulld be updated. These spaces should be fed from the same content source, and they are not. It's more than a little bit dumb.

Message 3 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Dec 18, 2010

I have both spaces and I think its pretty neat ... However the Hollywood hills space is a larger than the Amaterasu.  You really couldnt go wrong with either ...

photo 63a56823-df24-49e3-aa09-6e7340b5ff8a_zpsecaw8cqx.jpg
Message 4 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 18, 2010
tdarb,

The Amaterasu Experience's press release clearly stated that it's content will be updated regularly, and will even add a pay-per view option in the future.

These spaces were not developed by the same people. I just found out. I thought they were the same, so that's why I was wondering why the TV content was different.

The Amaterasu's content sounds to be a big wider, and it will get improving. I say "sounds" because I haven't been to the Hollywood Hills yet. I was in the yacht earlier because Roaring_Twenties was kind enough to show me around. I fell in love with the TV instantly. With every episode of The Tester available, Spider-Man cartoon, and many other programming... I just had to get it.

I'll probably love Hollywood Hills if I go there too. So I'll try not to... I don't want to spend a lot of money in virtual apartments!
Message 5 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Dec 18, 2010

Hollywood Hills was developed by Sony Pictures Entertainment. The Yacht was developed by Loot. Loot is the Home developer part of Sony Pictures Entertainment. They were developed by the same people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Pictures_Loot

If you just want the space itself, then go for it. I still say i would wait for a few weeks to see how the content evolves if you are just after the video experience.

Message 6 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Dec 18, 2010

I was going to type out a little TV Guide of listings from the yacht. But its got over 150 shows. It will take me a few hours to type it out. Maybe one day when I have Time I will do it. But its just too many shows. 

Roaring_Twenties Trophy Card
Message 7 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes