Reply
Aug 14 2012
By: HazeTheEpic Lombax Warrior 193 posts
Offline

Been on my mind all year

12 replies 258 views Edited Aug 14, 2012
Ok i didnt wanna be the dumb one to say this..but....

WHAT IS A SKA????????

Dont hate me if its obvius. ive never heard it in my city
Message 1 of 13 (258 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1231 posts
 

Re: Been on my mind all year

Aug 14, 2012
If this been on your mind all year, you should declutter your mind lol why you dont ask eairler. Its a dance move


What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 2 of 13 (245 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/11/2012
Offline
193 posts
 

Re: Been on my mind all year

Aug 14, 2012
yea i kno tht but do they do it in real life?
Message 3 of 13 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
3241 posts
 

Re: Been on my mind all year

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

HazeTheEpic wrote:
yea i kno tht but do they do it in real life?

Ska (play /ˈskɑː/, Jamaican [skjæ]) is a music genre that originated in Jamaica in the late 1950s, and was the precursor to rocksteady and reggae. Ska combined elements of Caribbean mento and calypso with American jazz and rhythm and blues. It is characterized by a walking bass line accented with rhythms on the upbeat. In the early 1960s, ska was the dominant music genre of Jamaica and was popular with British mods. Later it became popular with many skinheads.

 

In short its just Sony's version of a dance based on the music

Message 4 of 13 (227 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1231 posts
 

Re: Been on my mind all year

Aug 14, 2012
some ppl. but its only one move. like disco is more than wat they show. i say put 2 step on home lolSmiley Happy


What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 5 of 13 (223 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/04/2011
Offline
1148 posts
 

Re: Been on my mind all year

Aug 14, 2012

HazeTheEpic wrote:
Ok i didnt wanna be the dumb one to say this..but....

WHAT IS A SKA????????

Dont hate me if its obvius. ive never heard it in my city

The translation of "Ska" in Norwegian means :

"Stomping on ants while windmilling arms, because we like the Dutch"

 photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 6 of 13 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/23/2010
Offline
4576 posts
 

Re: Been on my mind all year

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

Message 7 of 13 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 01/27/2011
Offline
598 posts
 

Re: Been on my mind all year

Aug 14, 2012
Message 8 of 13 (201 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34148 posts
 

Re: Been on my mind all year

Aug 14, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

HazeTheEpic wrote:
yea i kno tht but do they do it in real life?

Ska (play /ˈskɑː/, Jamaican [skjæ]) is a music genre that originated in Jamaica in the late 1950s, and was the precursor to rocksteady and reggae. Ska combined elements of Caribbean mento and calypso with American jazz and rhythm and blues. It is characterized by a walking bass line accented with rhythms on the upbeat. In the early 1960s, ska was the dominant music genre of Jamaica and was popular with British mods. Later it became popular with many skinheads.

 

In short its just Sony's version of a dance based on the music



PFFFAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Smiley Very Happy

i know it wasnt meant in reference to the racist type of skinheads, but it still made me laugh.


Message 9 of 13 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/04/2008
Offline
1728 posts
 

Re: Been on my mind all year

Aug 15, 2012

My 2 cents: No Doubt was a Ska band back in the day lol

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 10 of 13 (123 Views)
0 Likes