Jan 10 2014
By: Shadow-Runner Survivor 2039 posts
Accepted Solution

Be Real. Don't Lie To Your Friends.

86 replies 1419 views Edited Jan 10, 2014

Hello everyone, 

There's been something on my mind, that I just HAVE to express.

If you are a guy, fine. If you are a chick, fine. If you are a guy trying to BE a chick, either on Home...or in real world...fine. Whatever you are, do us ALL a favor and be HONEST about it. What you do is your business, Im not judging. But when you LIE about who or what you are, especially to your friends or people that have known you on here, for a long time....and one day, for whatever reason the TRUTH comes out, you have noone but yourself to blame when drama gets started and people delete you. Dont claim to be a female for an entire year, lie to your friends and people who care about you...and expect everything to be cool, when people find out the truth. Some will be forgiving, but others will not. There is no reason to keep up the charade. Maybe you do it to confuse people, mislead people or just to get your kicks out of playing a reverse role. Who knows WHY you do it. Maybe you have some psychological issues. Whatever the reason, enough is enough. It's time to STOP, lay all your cards on the table and be HONEST for a change. You owe it to yourself, your boyfriend or girlfriend that you've been dating and misleading and you owe it to your friends. Noone cares what you are, behind your avatar. It's the LIES we care about. 

People are not as stupid and naive as you might think. There ARE little tell-tell signs that we pick up on. For instance, dont claim to be deaf...where you cant hear anything, and then be responding to people who are talking on mic, in group chat. BUSTED! Dont show people your pics, and tell them it's YOU...only for people to find those very same pics on google, of celebrity's, politicians or actors. BUSTED! Dont tell people you dont have a mic....then hold down R2 and show the voice wave symbols ---> ((((. BUSTED! Dont go on mic...and try to use a synthesizer, audio file or voice changer to hide your gender. We can tell the difference. BUSTED! Dont pretend to be a female, when you dont know how to apply makeup, dont know bra size terminology or girl things that males dont typically know. REAL females have their ways of knowing if you are one of them or not. BUSTED! 

You wanna play your games, fine. But dont let people get emotionally invested and attached to you, drag it out for months or years, confide in you, trust you...then have the truth come out. Youre hurting those people. And dont think "A real friend would care about me, regardless...no matter what." That line of thinking doesnt always fly around some people. How about you be honest and truthful from the START....and you wont have no embarrasing situations, later on. Sound cool to you? 

If ANY of this applies to ANY of you...and I suspect you know who you are....THINK about this for a minute. Let it sink in. And do the RIGHT thing. 

Just sayin...

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 1 of 87 (1,419 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Re: Be Real. Don't Lie To Your Friends.

Jan 10, 2014
Are you kidding? EVERYONE on home is "lying". It's fantasy land.
ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Message 2 of 87 (1,387 Views)
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 10, 2014

Truth, Be real to yourself. Friends deserve that much. Real friends will still care about you. I have already seen this happen in Home so I know it to be truth. Those of you worried about coming forward think again. You have to start somewhere and in the long run you'll be glad you did.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 3 of 87 (1,385 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jan 10, 2014
I confess.

I am a cat. A furry, furry cat.
Support Forums
Message 4 of 87 (1,375 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Jan 10, 2014
Word of advice: DO NOT try to date on Home. It's not real.
ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Message 5 of 87 (1,372 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2014

I sometimes use a female avatar because im a guy and i prefer to look at a female avatar when i play a game like FFXIV GTAonline or HOME when i play for several hours. To best of my knowledge though i've never told anyone i wasn't a guy when i do. Thou so world renouned therpist says most guys who use female avatars is because their sister wouldn't let them play with her barbies and virtual avatars allow them to make up for that. Smiley Very Happy

images.jpg

Message 6 of 87 (1,354 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Jan 10, 2014
In the interest of honesty, yes I have been "catfished" once before...but that was years ago. I have let it go. The reason why I bring this up in my OP, is because I am seeing people around me, both presently and in the past...commit this type of fraud. Friends and friends of friends. Aquaintences and so on. I've seen the drama from it. The he said/she said, rumors, gossip and double talk. I've seen, first hand...what damage this can cause. And the thing is...it can all be avoided, with a little honesty.

Noone said anything about dating on Home. Thats not what the OP is about, unless of course...you are or you know someone in that kind of situation. All possible scenarios could apply.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 7 of 87 (1,338 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3104 posts

Jan 10, 2014

How about this, Shadow -- don't let your gf use your account and talk on mics with guys so you can fool them when it's you on your own account later? Sound familiar?

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 8 of 87 (1,325 Views)
VP of Gaming
28876 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2014

I've never had to deal with this "issue" in Home. Ever. Maybe it could be because I just don't care. 

I take people at face value based upon their personality, how they act. I never wonder about their sexuality as it has no place in what we are doing or discussing. If they tell me that they are somehing other than their avatar, that's okay with me. I never feel decieved because they admitted that they were something other than what they appeared to be.

To me, we are all gamers. Or more specifically, we are Homesters. Being male or female is more descriptive than anything else. 

I have no idea why people have problems with this in Home. Would it make a difference if I were to tell you that I am a Danish-English-Japanese American born Heterosexual male? If someone mentioned this to me, unless it pertained to the situation, I would ask, "What does it matter?"

Truthfully, my friends have been very honest with me. And if they haven't been honest, in relation to this topic, maybe they just aren't ready to be so. And that wouldn't make them any less of a friend to me.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 9 of 87 (1,312 Views)
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

Jan 10, 2014

VioletWinds wrote:

How about this, Shadow -- don't let your gf use your account and talk on mics with guys so you can fool them when it's you on your own account later? Sound familiar?

Would it be ok if I let my husband pretend to be me? I do a pretty good impressions of him.

Wheres my Dinner?

You go in the kitchen and make me some pie!

See, .... never know the difference.

Message 10 of 87 (1,299 Views)